General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, lily said:

sorry if this is off topic but i just caught up with the thread

i was just thinking about.this but how will nathan do 7 quads without zayaking?

This is not the best area to discuss this but it's by adding a new quad (4Lo).

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This is not the best area to discuss this but it's by adding a new quad (4Lo).

Yes and poor his hip. But Nathan doesn't seem to care so I don't rule out the high possibility of Nathan going for 7 quads. We know he and Rafael want it right there at 2018. He can't go on like that to 2022. 

tbh even if he is gonna go for 7 quads I don't really view Nathan as that big of a threat. Even with 5 quads, nationals inflation and judges throwing him PCS and GOE candy Nathan couldn't beat Yuzu's best scores. And with a 7 quad program, I don't see Nathan skating clean, even if he manages to pull it off with no falls there's bound to be quality issues all over the place. Or he's gonna get injured (not that I want that but more quads = higher risk).

So long as Yuzuru skates well when he needs to, he's gonna be fine, and I trust in him to do everything he can to prepare himself in any way he can to make it happen.

Shoma probably is the bigger threat because he's landing his jumps, his bad technique isn't being called, and he puts enough in his programs so they don't feel as empty of Nathan's do, and imo is a better performer than Nathan, so get's the PCS. I might be biased because I simply like Shoma a lot more than Nathan but unless Shoma has a total disaster skate at olympics, i see him getting ahead of Nathan.

But I trust in Yuzuru to train smart, put together a smart layout, put together strong programs, and perform at exactly the right time. 

15 minutes ago, jinabee said:

tbh even if he is gonna go for 7 quads I don't really view Nathan as that big of a threat. Even with 5 quads, nationals inflation and judges throwing him PCS and GOE candy Nathan couldn't beat Yuzu's best scores. And with a 7 quad program, I don't see Nathan skating clean, even if he manages to pull it off with no falls there's bound to be quality issues all over the place. Or he's gonna get injured (not that I want that but more quads = higher risk).

So long as Yuzuru skates well when he needs to, he's gonna be fine, and I trust in him to do everything he can to prepare himself in any way he can to make it happen.

Shoma probably is the bigger threat because he's landing his jumps, his bad technique isn't being called, and he puts enough in his programs so they don't feel as empty of Nathan's do, and imo is a better performer than Nathan, so get's the PCS. I might be biased because I simply like Shoma a lot more than Nathan but unless Shoma has a total disaster skate at olympics, i see him getting ahead of Nathan.

But I trust in Yuzuru to train smart, put together a smart layout, put together strong programs, and perform at exactly the right time. 

You underestimate USFA very much. Even with 6 quads (with 4lz and 4F repeating) Nathan might get 90 PCS at Olympic. And Nathan for sure can land 6 quads with 2 quad Lutz and 2 quad Flip cleanly in practice. 

And please, Nathan has more transitions than Shoma in the SP already. 

I am not dismissing that judge's blindness towards Shoma's cheated jumps as not a thread.  

But I know karma will come for that kind of technique, soon. Whole Nagoya's group jinxing Shoma and hyping him doesn't help either.

And I repeat this again and again: Yuzuru MUST upgrade his layout. That is a must. He knows that too, that's why he is upgrading it.

You don't take scores in the season before Olympic seriously, because next season, the judging will be adjusted to the point you right now couldn't believe why! No one expected Adelina Sonitkova to score 149 at Sochi, right? 

Don't ever say Nathan won't reach this or that, you don't underestimate the power of biggest federations. Especially in Olympic when political games are played. 

I already repeated many times right after US National that Nathan would get the same scores at international events, no one believed me. 

Guess what, he got same scores at 4CC. 

Never take USFA lightly. Had Nathan landed all his jumps at WC, he definitely would have won silver and Shoma third. 

i'm not gonna say it's not a threat but, the thing with shoma's jumps is that it only takes judges who are a bit more strict and it all crumbles. no amount of consistency can ever brought it back once he get called. unless he fix it. which is really hard. dont forget his flutz already get ! at world and e at wtt.

with nathan, because PCs are given mostly for consistency nowadays, as long as he lands his jumps, he'll get it. and he already prove he can land most of it, shaky landings and all. so long he's not gonna have boot issues or his injury acts up.

yuzu is smart. he will upgrade his layout and i hope he will get that second olympic gold. (and boyang to medal too pls)

3 hours ago, meoima said:

I think Javi does not know Yuzuru did not go to Japan National last season. 

One more blow for Yuzuvier shippers. They are not that close. 

Sorry, but the one has nothing to do with the other. :party0035: There are many types of relationships and things are not just black and white :shakehead:  

1 hour ago, Fay said:

But yeah, it proves beyond doubt that these two are not really that close - which is OK by me. They might like and respect each other, but they don't know what's going on in one another's lives apart from what they get to see with their own eyes.

To be fair, I don't think he actually hangs out with anyone off-ice, except maybe Nobu (probably Keiji and Fei?). I actually like his stubborn introvert-ness. I hate when I'm forced to go out and be social.

1 minute ago, GoldMedalist said:

Sorry, but the one has nothing to do with the other. :party0035: There are many types of relationships and things are not just black and white :shakehead:  

It has relations. They're not close. That's pretty much Javi's words. And even Yuzuru said the same about not having close friends in CC. 

I have nothing against them if they're close. I am just fed up with young girls who read boy loves manga and fanfics keep throwing crazy comments like this: "No, Hanyu doesn't like girls. He likes Javi." Or "I hate Javi's girlfriend. Javi should be with Yuzuru."

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

It has relations. They're not close. That's pretty much Javi's words. And even Yuzuru said the same about not having close friends in CC. 

I have nothing against them if they're close. I am just fed up with young girls who read boy loves manga and fanfics keep throwing crazy comments like this: "No, Hanyu doesn't like girls. He likes Javi." Or "I hate Javi's girlfriend. Javi should be with Yuzuru."

I think there is nothing wrong with reading/writing fanfiction as long as you do not push it in their faces. As long as we (as I am a reader as well) stay in our little part of the internet we do not hurt anyone in ym opinion. I would never write such comments as you mentioned and I know that they are not that close but I still do and will read the fanfictions. 

5 minutes ago, AmudoBun said:

I think there is nothing wrong with reading/writing fanfiction as long as you do not push it in their faces. As long as we (as I am a reader as well) stay in our little part of the internet we do not hurt anyone in ym opinion. I would never write such comments as you mentioned and I know that they are not that close but I still do and will read the fanfictions. 

I am not sure you have this kind of knowledge about LGBT bias among young Asian girls. They keep saying stuff like "Hanyu is like a beautiful wife-boy" and they harp on any chance to call him like that (the wife role in homosexual relationships). And they do not even feel ashamed when people call them out and tell them many times that Yuzuru and Javi are not close and not an item, that they're not seeing themselves that way. It's really irritating they're seeing Yuzuru as like an idol playing homosexual game like some of their idols. 

I can not stand fanfics about real people. That's a big limits.

2 minutes ago, AmudoBun said:

Agreed. As a reader and writer myself, the important is that we know how to separate fiction from reality :bash:

1 minute ago, meoima said:

I am not sure you have this kind of knowledge about LGBT bias among young Asian girls. They keep saying stuff like "Hanyu is like a beautiful wife-boy" and they harp on any chance to call him like that (the wife role in homosexual relationships). And they do not even feel ashamed when people call them out and tell them many times that Yuzuru and Javi are not close and not an item, that they're not seeing themselves that way. It's really irritating they're seeing Yuzuru as like an idol playing homosexual game like some of their idols. 

I can not stand fanfics about real people. That's a big limits.

I know of such bias when it comes to some idols and such so I have expected there to be such to him as well. I feel really embarassed when I see fangirls saying such things to their faces as I believe that that is a one should not do. But I (at least for now) won't change my opinion that as long as I stay "in line" and I clearly know the line between reality and fiction I do not harm anyone with my thoughts that stay in part of the internet where they are supposed to stay.  (Sorry for my blabbing >< and being OT)