General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Haha Mission accomplished then! I'm happy if I seem younger lol And no worries, you didn't. :snpeace: (I remember I had a classmate in Japanese class once who was like 10 years younger and she'd heard how old I am in one of those "Introduce yourself" things and she kept talking to me in our version of keigo and that was SO WEIRD I had to tell her to stop lol

Well it seems I'm probably still a tad bit older than you so I could still pull rank if I wanted to be a huge jerk :P but I thought you were 5-10 years younger! Plz teach me your secrets! :snonegai:

13 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

That first squishy/wrinkled/smiling face is killing me

OH MY GOD Y U DO DIS

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Well it seems I'm probably still a tad bit older than you so I could still pull rank if I wanted to be a huge jerk :P but I thought you were 5-10 years younger! Plz teach me your secrets! :snonegai:

I don't think I have to teach you anything, because I did not think you are older than me... I am, admittedly, pretty bad at judging people's ages by appearance alone, though lol I guess we'll have to settle this in Milan lol

Srsly where is that Neko!Zuzu pic from? I need it for reasons.*

*reasons may include a Zuzu edition of this.

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I don't think I have to teach you anything, because I did not think you are older than me... I am, admittedly, pretty bad at judging people's ages by appearance alone, though lol I guess we'll have to settle this in Milan lol

To be fair, that's probably because I'm a bit of a massive idiot. :biggrin: 

Milan. 2018. Faceoff. :hachimaki:

35 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Same as no one having the heart to point out the Yuzuru spelling lol (I wonder if he'll look at the interview in Japanese and see it himself and wonder why...)

But maybe it's just me, but I think his pronunciation isn't bad... his American accent doesn't seem too obvious (and he prounced suki properly!). He's super sweet, though! I hope Yuzu sees this and starts talking to him in Japanese at competitions to give him a chance to practice more! (well, if he doesn't already lol)

I met him in Helsinki and he was trying to use it a little bit with some fans. He was saying 一緒 for pictures.  The 一緒 sounded okay, but to me his Japanese sounds like an American more often than not.  His skills are not like Kevin Reynolds who has a great accent. In Helsinki he ended up speaking with a bunch of Japanese fans, and then I ended up speaking with him in Japanese too (to the surprise of Japanese fans who were nearby; it's probably weird to see two non Japanese people speaking Japanese while not even being in Japan. But no mistaking those collective へえ reactions :laughing:)

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but Jason Brown has a message for Japanese fans and he also has a message for Yuzu. 

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/2017_2018/brown.html

He's the sweetest.  But I chuckled when he called himself "Jason-san" :laughing::laughing:.  I think he's so kind that nobody has to heart to correct him.

This is the cutest and nicest sport, I can't even anymore. :13877886: His Japanese interview at NHK was so adorable. If he goes to teach English to tiny childrens in Japan I hope they film the hell out of it. 

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

This is the cutest and nicest sport, I can't even anymore. :13877886: His Japanese interview at NHK was so adorable. If he goes to teach English to tiny childrens in Japan I hope they film the hell out of it. 

Jason Brown is made of bunnies, rainbows and everything good. Love him. 

Just for fun. My mother was asking me for ages to buy a new TV set with a huge screen. And I kept saying to her that the old one was good enough, that we should save money for more important things, we  didn't watch TV a lot etc. And finally she has found the way to defeat me. She simply said: "Just imagine Yuzu skating on a BIG screen". Guess what? Yesterday I bought a new TV  :smiley-laughing021:.