General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Haha i didn't graduate with honors because of my outsanding grades :P only because i was high on Hanyu and remembered everything the test asked me to answer :rofl: I'm not smart i just have a good memory and it was boosted by precious faerie bb.

He did that too but i am pretty sure that at one point in one article it was mentioned that he was fixing his psp, like, he opened it and was fixing it. And the computer thing I THINK it was during one of those team building events, i think before sochi?

:angrypooh:the map is coming along nicely, i just need to win the fight against the divs of evil so you guys know what to do haha

Oh c'mon you should believe in your abilities more! Will this help? :pouty:

Does fixing high-tech things included in his course curriculum because if not, d*mn! That's some skills!!! 

Also are you perhaps a computer engineer? You seem techy to me. :smile:

14 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hide contents

And there you go. Our kaeryth strikes again!! :thanks:. You're like a superhero, always there in time of need!! 

2 minutes ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Oh c'mon you should believe in your abilities more! Will this help? :pouty:

Does fixing high-tech things included in his course curriculum because if not, d*mn! That's some skills!!! 

Also are you perhaps a computer engineer? You seem techy to me. :smile:

I don't doubt my abilities but i am a very lazy student :rofl: i don't feel too bad because the Overlord doesn't like school too much either :P

And yeah, that's what i am! I have my record or nail beds poked by wires and soldering-iron inflicted burns on my hands too :embSwan: that gave me an unexpected skill which is how to make my nail polish resistant enough to not chip through a week of soldering, cable peeling and acid washing printed circuit boards :rofl:

But here i am, making a map with Pooh as markers. If that isn't applying what i learned at school for the greater good then idk what it is!

2 hours ago, asahi said:

So say I wish to go into astronomy and astrophysics and maths, but I required to take other electives that do not go to  what I wish to do because I need certain credit number just to graduate.

I know this is somewhat off-topic for this thread but the issue was raised and I think the person who wrote what I'm quoting here is misunderstanding the purpose of  those credits that are supposedly not needed.  Actually, they are.   They comprise what one could call a well-balanced intellectual diet.  At the time of one's life when one is finishing up one's schooling it is felt that the individual should have contact with a wide range of subject matter in order to avoid the tunnel vision that afflicts those who started specializing at too early an age and also to expose them to areas that just might arouse their interest perhaps to the point that they decide to go into that field.  I can use my own experience to show that.  I started university as a music major but ended up finally with a PhD in English.  Obviously I changed my mind along the way and it was my exposure to literature that moved me away from music.  So don't see those credits as useless.  They just might open up a whole new vista for you, a vista that makes you decide that that's the particular landscape you want to devote your life to.

1 minute ago, micaelis said:

I know this is somewhat off-topic for this thread but the issue was raised and I think the person who wrote what I'm quoting here is misunderstanding the purpose of  those credits that are supposedly not needed.  Actually, they are.   They comprise what one could call a well-balanced intellectual diet.  At the time of one's life when one is finishing up one's schooling it is felt that the individual should have contact with a wide range of subject matter in order to avoid the tunnel vision that afflicts those who started specializing at too early an age and also to expose them to areas that just might arouse their interest perhaps to the point that they decide to go into that field.  I can use my own experience to show that.  I started university as a music major but ended up finally with a PhD in English.  Obviously I changed my mind along the way and it was my exposure to literature that moved me away from music.  So don't see those credits as useless.  They just might open up a whole new vista for you, a vista that makes you decide that that's the particular landscape you want to devote your life to.

I understand the reason for the credits, but when your school is like mine and the other offered classes are autoshop, building a house, medical careers, interior design, flower arrangement, design, they force you into the little corners of what you will take in class (I load in sciences and math and when I load in sciences and maths I end up even more repelled from say design and medical careers) and it makes gaining required credits difficult when your options are very... obscure. I can safely say I do not wish to be an auto technician in my life.

38 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I don't doubt my abilities but i am a very lazy student :rofl: i don't feel too bad because the Overlord doesn't like school too much either :P

And yeah, that's what i am! I have my record or nail beds poked by wires and soldering-iron inflicted burns on my hands too :embSwan: that gave me an unexpected skill which is how to make my nail polish resistant enough to not chip through a week of soldering, cable peeling and acid washing printed circuit boards :rofl:

But here i am, making a map with Pooh as markers. If that isn't applying what i learned at school for the greater good then idk what it is!

Can I call you sister? Because I'm lazy af too! :laughing:. Back when I was in elem and hs I felt like I need to prove myself (being a teacher's daughter). I was so competitive to the point that I study till dawn reading piles of books every single day, in quarter tests all the more. Then college came and I need to go elsewhere to study. Finally freedom!! There are days that after reading just a single page I would be fast asleep. :slinkaway:. Thank heavens I passed college! 

And I'm right you really are a computer engineer!! :smiley-happy085:. Also be proud of that hands! That's battle scars! Quite envious on nail polish though. I can't really have it (need to keep sterile environment).

That map is for a great cause! Your effort won't go to waste! 

36 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I just realized that he also has an "english" laugh :slinkaway:

"English" laugh? 😮