General Yuzuru Chat

A late report to everyone.

So everyone knew about Hydroblade's paper swans. What you don't know is that her paper swans have gone feral/wild and have even invaded enemy territory (aka Skate Canada). Leaving to go to the restroom, I noticed one of the volunteer ladies heading to the stairs leading to the skaters, teams and volunteers only area. I panicked and initially wondered if they confiscated her swans, so I asked a door guard what happened and if indeed, that was that box of swans. The door guard just smiled, nodded and confirmed that yes, indeed they were the swans. That some fan folded them and it is a nice gesture, and was passing them out to other fans. It might not have been intended for the volunteers today, but somewhere alone the telephone line, the message changed to give some to the volunteers. So, a volunteer lady was rushing them downstairs to be shared with all the other volunteers!

So now we have some wild, feral paper swans that have invaded the Skate Canada enemy territory! :clap: Now if only someone handed a swan later on to Pchiddy....XD

1 minute ago, Xen said:

A late report to everyone.

So everyone knew about Hydroblade's paper swans. What you don't know is that her paper swans have gone feral/wild and have even invaded enemy territory (aka Skate Canada). Leaving to go to the restroom, I noticed one of the volunteer ladies heading to the stairs leading to the skaters, teams and volunteers only area. I panicked and initially wondered if they confiscated her swans, so I asked a door guard what happened and if indeed, that was that box of swans. The door guard just smiled, nodded and confirmed that yes, indeed they were the swans. That some fan folded them and it is a nice gesture, and was passing them out to other fans. It might not have been intended for the volunteers today, but somewhere alone the telephone line, the message changed to give some to the volunteers. So, a volunteer lady was rushing them downstairs to be shared with all the other volunteers!

So now we have some wild, feral paper swans that have invaded the Skate Canada enemy territory! :clap: Now if only someone handed a swan later on to Pchiddy....XD

We should do this for all Yuzu competitions this season! The invasion of Notte Stellata! :2thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, kaerb said:

okay last twitter post spam from Dice, who is the real MVP

I'll give it to Daisuke for taking and uploading these photos! =P  Yuzu is of cos the most adorable though =P. Javi is a close 2nd in the 2nd photo. =P  I wonder how old will they be recognized as using these photos. =P

49 minutes ago, dreamelena said:

:pancake:

well we've got just enough quota of a perfect pancake for now.. it's alright! I'm sure he is too.. there's nothing to worry especially if he's physically healthy. Like he said, his mind messed him up and that happens. 

I think it's interesting that all this while, his lutz is used as his last jump, and now it's to begin his program, and when he messed it up, it startled him to the point of overthinking what could he do what must he do, is it this or that.. then it's just sort of a domino effect from there. 

Some ppl mentioned about doing different layout than what originally practiced is tricky and I agree.. Yuzu said it's frustrating (that he had to omit few quads) but he knew he had to do it. He'll reap the result later on. 

About the costume.. while it has more blings patterns, I feel like the overall bling effect isn't as much as the old one because the old one has all the patterns and blings all over the costume. The new one focuses blings on certain parts.. idk if it's the finished one or they're gonna add more blings.. 

I'm curious to see the new Chopin costume.

It might be true in picture, but trust me, it almost blinded me when he removed his jacket

Can someone advise me on whether I should watch Rostelecom live? Cuz I missed the short with a WR and then made the free with... something else. (And I cut myself peeling chestnuts trying to stay calm...) :facepalm: 

You can tell he was way too intense before the start, which kind of reminded me of WTT LGC, and that poped lutz was indeed expected. I am not worried since it did seem like it was a mental issue, and linked to lack of training. Seimei is a very demanding program performance-wise so when his SS is off, even the fall on the 3A doesn't seem that unexpected. The changes in transitions are lovely, though, and so is the emergency 4T despite the UR. After all, did anybody seriously think we're gonna get a clean Seimei at ACI? One silver in Canada to trade for all the golds!

I like the new costume, strangely enjoy the bright purple and green parts! The small white patterns look really nice in close-ups, too. But nothing matches that angelic smile!

Looking forward to new Chopin~:10742289:

Regarding Japanese media:

Spoiler

I'm totally fine with Japanese media writing him down and I think it is a good thing.

I follow Japanese news quite constantly and I feel they don't have many good words to say about Yuzu no matter how he performs. Maybe it's only me but I often find them using funny photos taken from strange angles when you can just printscreen and get a thing of beauty. And I sometimes find their titles very unpleasant. Their narratives do create an arrogant image when we all know Yuzu's just very clear about his goal.

In the meantime, their descriptions about Shoma are the exact opposite. I once read a news article under a title which was something like "Japan's rising star treating fans and colleagues humbly and with respect." And so the comment area was filled with messeges like "being humble is the basic moral character for a human being" and "arrogance will lead you nowhere" etc. I like Shoma, enjoyed his skating since 2012 MOI, but such promotion really makes me uncomfortable, like saying everyone else has bad manners.

The point is, the Japanese media is pushing Shoma all along, it doesn't matter whether Yuzu does well or bad, Yuzu is never JSF's favorite. They expect him to do well each time, but they don't give credits anywhere near enough for it. So I actually would prefer to see media put him behind Shoma, it takes a lot of pressure off and Yuzu can produce wonders being the chaser.

3 minutes ago, norwhite said:

Can someone advise me on whether I should watch Rostelecom live? Cuz I missed the short with a WR and then made the free with... something else. (And I cut myself peeling chestnuts trying to stay calm...) :facepalm: 

You can tell he was way too intense before the start, which kind of reminded me of WTT LGC, and that poped lutz was indeed expected. I am not worried since it did seem like it was a mental issue, and linked to lack of training. Seimei is a very demanding program performance-wise so when his SS is off, even the fall on the 3A doesn't seem that unexpected. The changes in transitions are lovely, though, and so is the emergency 4T despite the UR. After all, did anybody seriously think we're gonna get a clean Seimei at ACI? One silver in Canada to trade for all the golds!

I like the new costume, strangely enjoy the bright purple and green parts! The small white patterns look really nice in close-ups, too. But nothing matches that angelic smile!

Looking forward to new Chopin~:10742289:

Regarding Japanese media:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm totally fine with Japanese media writing him down and I think it is a good thing.

I follow Japanese news quite constantly and I feel they don't have many good words to say about Yuzu no matter how he performs. Maybe it's only me but I often find them using funny photos taken from strange angles when you can just printscreen and get a thing of beauty. And I sometimes find their titles very unpleasant. Their narratives do create an arrogant image when we all know Yuzu's just very clear about his goal.

In the meantime, their descriptions about Shoma are the exact opposite. I once read a news article under a title which was something like "Japan's rising star treating fans and colleagues humbly and with respect." And so the comment area was filled with messeges like "being humble is the basic moral character for a human being" and "arrogance will lead you nowhere" etc. I like Shoma, enjoyed his skating since 2012 MOI, but such promotion really makes me uncomfortable, like saying everyone else has bad manners.

The point is, the Japanese media is pushing Shoma all along, it doesn't matter whether Yuzu does well or bad, Yuzu is never JSF's favorite. They expect him to do well each time, but they don't give credits anywhere near enough for it. So I actually would prefer to see media put him behind Shoma, it takes a lot of pressure off and Yuzu can produce wonders being the chaser.

This is something I'm curious about. That is, any athlete that is not fully born and trained in the native land is viewed less favorably than the "pure native" athlete. Does Japan tend to not treat its stars as "pure natives" anymore if they train extensively overseas? Like having Yuzuru contributes less to national pride over its own skating system? And instead of it really being Yuzuru vs Shoma, it's more of the pure native, japanese only training system (Shoma) versus the foreign system (Yuzuru). Yes, Japan had Mao who did train with Tarasova, and Shoma has a foreign jump coach, but in both cases they both returned to the native system-Mao had a japanese coach most of the time (and left Tarasova), and Shoma only works with a foreign jump coach periodically, his main coach is still Japanese.

As for the seimei costume, at the arena, I got to sit behind the skater's entrance zone. If you pay attention to the white cloth sections, it looks very textured, as if it's got very heavy embroidery on it.

Oh ACI, Canada curse continued. :laughing:

I feel calmer now but still feeling disappointed after the result. I don't know if loving this extra overlordzuru will makes me suffer from nervousness. But to see myself still alive after 4CC, GPF, WTT and World's SP from last season, I think I'll be fine until Olympic (I hope so). 

And yuzu, I trust him. He'll be fine. :snonegai:

1 minute ago, meoima said:

Well I guess I am the only one who feels relieved? Didn't I say something a while ago if he did too well in his first competition of the season I would be scared?

now this is ok. Let him go back to Toronto and heal his knee properly. He will be fine by Cup of Russia.

I wouldn't say I'm relieved, but I think it's ok. And that many people worry too much. I posted my own analysis of what I think happened in the ACI FS thread, so won't do it again, but I think Yuzu knows what happened and will work on fixing it. It's fine. I was only worried about the axel fall, but it seems fine, hopefully is fine and bring on COR!

3 minutes ago, meoima said:

Well I guess I am the only one who feels relieved? Didn't I say something a while ago if he did too well in his first competition of the season I would be scared?

now this is ok. Let him go back to Toronto and heal his knee properly. He will be fine by Cup of Russia.

Thanks meoima :10742289: I will always believe your words haha.