General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Plushy telling it like it IS

But ISU never really liked him...and I suspect they didn't like Yagudin either. If the idea was we hate quads, Yagudin and Plushy really pushed it, especially Plush with his yolo combos....

1 minute ago, Xen said:

But ISU never really liked him...and I suspect they didn't like Yagudin either. If the idea was we hate quads, Yagudin and Plushy really pushed it, especially Plush with his yolo combos....

Yes but Plushenko is still one of the most famous skaters ever, so I think he does have a say in the argument. Even if just by influencing thousands of fans. I like that he expresses himself this clearly. Yuzuru is too polite to do it, maybe is too used to put the responsability upon his shoulders, especially since he's still competing. But when he's retired? Who knows. Sparks may be flying. 

2 hours ago, Yoa said:

Can Yuzu come to Poland and visit Chopin's house or something?  for luck... :winky:

We'd welcome him with open arms, since his interpretation of Chopin is basically Chopin's whole life (unlike certain clinical death, Zhenya...please change choreographer, for Chopin at least...) Plus, my sister just send me a pic of the flights from the Chopin airport in Warsaw (yes, there's ALOT of things named after Chopin in Poland xD), which is the closest to Żelazowa Wola (Chopin's house still stands and is a museum there), and there are direct flights from and to Toronto, so he wouldn't even waste too much time...

On a side note, when I started reading about ISU proposed changes, from my brother's room (he's playing osu! I guess) 'thanks for the memories' started playing, and I just burst out laughing...

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I don't think anyone knew at the time. I watched again just now after reading her comments and I see what she means. His face was not expressive at all, which is understandable once you know why, but I think that's what she picked up on. She did say he usually skates with passion and emotion so I don't see why people are taking it so harshly. Her words about 2017, unless I'm missing something, were flattering, too.

Has she said things in the past to make people take her comments as assissination attempts?

ETA I see her love of Fernandez, though. 

I read both her pieces on Worlds and the GPF from both years. I think it's the unevenness of her comments that show her bias. Javi basically had a worst performance than what Yuzu showed at Boston in 2016, but I didnt see her comment that he should've potentially been scored lower on his PCS. 

I'm not sure if she's still with the ISU (I don't think she is a a I thought she retired) so she is entitled to her opinion and to publish it how she sees fit. However, I think in her writing you probably see a lot of the same opinions that her son, Fabio, who is featured in the article on the upcoming changes and is spearheading them, has. It's likely they share similar tastes and I think Sonia at least prefers that overt style of expression that a skater like Javi or Ashley Wagner displays. Personally, this is not the type of expression I respond to, but there's room in the sport for variety and that diversity should be encouraged, celebrated, and rewarded. 

As for the popularity of the sport, it's clearly doing very well in certain countries and less so in others. Perhaps the ISU needs to study the success of the sport in these areas to see how they can apply it in countries where it's not thriving. If tickets for events like NHK Trophy and GPF are selling within minutes then clearly there is a demand and money to be made in that market. 

Also, if you read enough of her writing you will notice she recycles her compliments from event to event verbatim. 

Wohooo.... Now I will call this....... stupid rule change by ISU as the official start mark of Olympic season! :clap::smiley-happy085::laughing: What is Olympic without drama?

Well, I do think this rule change is quiet stupid ... but what can we say...??

I will root for Yuzu if he wants to be the president of ISU lol! I think his way of thinking will make FS better...

4 minutes ago, BeningLin said:

Wohooo.... Now I will call this....... stupid rule change by ISU as the official start mark of Olympic season! :clap::smiley-happy085::laughing: What is Olympic without drama?

Well, I do think this rule change is quiet stupid ... but what can we say...??

I will root for Yuzu if he wants to be the president of ISU lol! I think his way of thinking will make FS better...

I doubt he will? But Misha is someone more likely to enter into this sort of thing so maybe we can send Misha in xD

1 minute ago, the50person said:
I doubt he will? But Misha is someone more likely to enter into this sort of thing so maybe we can send Misha in xD

Misha is also alright! basically, someone who used to be a skater should take over ISU so they have a representative who ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS how it feels to be a skater who follow the rules ISU made.

42 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

We'd welcome him with open arms, since his interpretation of Chopin is basically Chopin's whole life (unlike certain clinical death, Zhenya...please change choreographer, for Chopin at least...) Plus, my sister just send me a pic of the flights from the Chopin airport in Warsaw (yes, there's ALOT of things named after Chopin in Poland xD), which is the closest to Żelazowa Wola (Chopin's house still stands and is a museum there), and there are direct flights from and to Toronto, so he wouldn't even waste too much time...

He also won his first important international competition in Toruń. When he still was a little mushroom :mushroom6: So come here Yuzu, come... 
But I just realised.. he would just ninja his way in and out of Poland... and nobody would know :headdesk: 

20 minutes ago, Anony said:

Everyone needs to breathe in some pure and wholesome Hanya smiles :10815002::10742289:

Not a Hanya smile,  still pure and wholesome :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

Cute!! I changed my profile because I needed his smile to treat my saltiness after all that ISU stuff :tongueyuzu: and of course a hint of SEIMEI in the background for this season :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, kiches said:

As for the popularity of the sport, it's clearly doing very well in certain countries and less so in others. Perhaps the ISU needs to study the success of the sport in these areas to see how they can apply it in countries where it's not thriving. If tickets for events like NHK Trophy and GPF are selling within minutes then clearly there is a demand and money to be made in that market. 

Figure skating needs stars (well all sports need stars, but team sport less so a bit). The only way ISU can develop strong interest in some countries are making stars out of them. Which is why we see they're working on it with junior grand prix, streaming through YouTube and do interviews with young promising skaters to attract viewers.

However, it depends on each culture to see if the stars can be made. You want to attract American casual views? Americans need to develop strong ladies. They only need like half of the dozen ladies that Russia has right now.

15 minutes ago, meoima said:

Figure skating needs stars (well all sports need stars, but team sport less so a bit). The only way ISU can develop strong interest in some countries are making stars out of them. Which is why we see they're working on it with junior grand prix, streaming through YouTube and do interviews with young promising skaters to attract viewers.

However, it depends on each culture to see if the stars can be made. You want to attract American casual views? Americans need to develop strong ladies. They only need like half of the dozen ladies that Russia has right now.

Yeah, or like one. I'm sure we would really value a former world champion in this quad who probably won't even make the olympic team this year. 

Can one of them ask to be released and come skate for us? Pls.