General Yuzuru Chat

While the rule changes suggestion is beyond stupid - I also wonder how exactly having an athletic competition only is supposed to help keep skaters healthy - and I agree that this is simply ignoring the actual problems of the sport, I have full confidence that IF Yuzu decides to continue under some of these rule changes, he will do his best to get the best results under them, in ways that will not leave anyone much room to comment. Like my favorite F1 driver always says about the eternally - and sometimes not much less stupidly - changing rules in his sport - and like Yuzu has actually said about FS in the past, too - the rules are the same for everyone. (That they're not always applied in the same way is another issue, but as we know, Yuzu will never bemoan that, he will instead strive to be even better not to give people a chance to mistreat him.) But it is entirely possible he'll decide not to continue. However, as far as I can tell, the more stupid of these aren't likely to take shape until close to the next Olympics, if not after it, so it might not be an issue for Yuzu anyway. (Not sure when the quad BV decrease is aimed for, though...)

However, this also made me think again about the now and the judging issues. I think Brian's comments about the GOE and PCS Yuzu deserves was a way of saying "I know he deserves that, you know he deserves that, everyone knows he deserves that, and if they didn't know, I just told them. If you still insist on not giving him the scoring he deserves, no problem. We'll find other ways." And by other ways, I'm thinking of upping the technical difficulty.

There's been talk that Yuzu might wait with the 4Lz until he sees what his rivals are doing. I'm thinking maybe he'll be waiting to see how his rivals get scored. Because if judges keep going PCS happy on the simple presence of quads, then adding the 4Lz will definitely be a worthwhile risk. And if there's major overscoring of some of the more quad happy kids at some important event, maybe throw in a 4A for good measure. Maybe Brian oh so casually mentioning Yuzu has been training those is a way of saying: "We have 'secret weapons', don't mess with us. And if necessary, we'll bring them out."

I'm sure Brian is aware of the scoring issues and in the same time, he is so confident... feels like they have some aces up their sleeves... Or at least I hope they do ^_^;

8 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

There's been talk that Yuzu might wait with the 4Lz until he sees what his rivals are doing. I'm thinking maybe he'll be waiting to see how his rivals get scored. Because if judges keep going PCS happy on the simple presence of quads, then adding the 4Lz will definitely be a worthwhile risk. And if there's major overscoring of some of the more quad happy kids at some important event, maybe throw in a 4A for good measure. Maybe Brian oh so casually mentioning Yuzu has been training those is a way of saying: "We have 'secret weapons', don't mess with us. And if necessary, we'll bring them out."

I'm sure Brian is aware of the scoring issues and in the same time, he is so confident... feels like they have some aces up their sleeves... Or at least I hope they do ^_^;

I'm not sure if this was posted but just to share this here from source

tumblr_ow61t18NbW1w20jz5o1_500.jpg

In the new issue of the Pirouette (No.7/2017) is a small article about Yuzu’s training in Toronto. Article written by Klaus-Reinhold Kany

Kany was there before the media days with Yuzu, so the infos in there are not new. Kany talked to Brian Orser.

Here are the main points translated by me:

- most of the time Yuzu was in Toronto, he rarely did ice shows

- Yuzu is already fit (for the new season) , he knows his body well and found a good rhythm and he focuses on not getting injured “if tomorrow would be the olympics, Yuzu would be ready!”

- 4lz is included in the plan for the season

- SP is Chopin again because it was a masterpiece and Brian hopes judges like it again like they did two years ago

- Brian was not allowed by the Japanese Fed to talk about Yuzu’s FS program at this point of the interview, but there is the media day for the Japanese journalists and if the music is announced then he can write about it

- Brian do not decide when to talk about the music choices, it is the Japanese Fed decision if Yuzu is allowed to talk about it

When the magazine was printed they already knew that Yuzu would return to Seimei and Kany wrote it in his article in the end.

SOURCE

I'm sure by now that all the 4Lz,4A,4F talk is not just empty talks. Sometimes you gotta give a few hints :knc_brian2:

7 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I'm sure by now that all the 4Lz,4A,4F talk is not just empty talks. Sometimes you gotta give a few hints :knc_brian2:

I personally hadn't seen this before, so thank you for sharing!

However this: "it is the Japanese Fed decision if Yuzu is allowed to talk about it" has me quite :crazyshit: I don't want anyone but Yuzu himself to make this kind of decision...

18 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

This is interesting. Brian hints some things while Yuzu keeps a bit more quiet and conservative this time. Yuzu gives out to the Japanese media a layout he'll do not involving 4Lz but then seems to talk to Tsusuki-sensei about the 4Lz, which is casually dropped in an article. There's a Nikkan article that I didn't bring here because google translate gave me a dramatic and negatively tinted translation, that seemed to imply that Yuzu didn't intend to add 4Lz because he wanted to first do clean Seimei (at least once with the current layout?). So I've been wondering if Yuzu will use ACI to test his 5-quads layout and see how clean he can be in competition before he considers bringing out the 4Lz. At the same time, Nathan and Shoma and Javi will also be testing their programs to judges, which might influence, or not, the decision on 4Lz.

I wonder how many runthroughs he's been doing WITH the 4Lz and how successful they've been....

10 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This is interesting. Brian hints some things while Yuzu keeps a bit more quiet and conservative this time. Yuzu gives out to the Japanese media a layout he'll do not involving 4Lz but then seems to talk to Tsusuki-sensei about the 4Lz, which is casually dropped in an article. There's a Nikkan article that I didn't bring here because google translate gave me a dramatic and negatively tinted translation, that seemed to imply that Yuzu didn't intend to add 4Lz because he wanted to first do clean Seimei (at least once with the current layout?). So I've been wondering if Yuzu will use ACI to test his 5-quads layout and see how clean he can be in competition before he considers bringing out the 4Lz. At the same time, Nathan and Shoma and Javi will also be testing their programs to judges, which might influence, or not, the decision on 4Lz.

I wonder how many runthroughs he's been doing WITH the 4Lz and how successful they've been....

If he says it's stable to Tsusuki sensei, then I would imagine the only issue remaining for Yuzu is to twizzle or not to twizzle? Actually I imagine a spread eagle sandwich more likely....:facepalm: