General Yuzuru Chat

Specs said:
lynne001 said:
Today's TV show about Yuzuru. [170506 THE★LEGEND]

Cr : YzRIKO

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5l5ya ... gend_sport

I made a quick translation of this, others will no doubt do a more accurate job later.

Showing clips of commentary from Spain, Russia and Italy after his LP performance.

Spain "His Majesty Hanyu" Russia "Pooh Rain and 90% of pooh bears are at his house" Italy "Planet Hanyu" of course.

At the Sendai Monument unveiling ceremony, some fans attending traveled from the States and China to see him.

7:48

Oda discusses Yuzu's popularity at shows. "Usually, gifts are put in the hallway temporarily, but in Hanyu's case it doesn't fit, so it's put in a separate room."

Oda also talks about how commentators coined the expression "doing an Oda". "I think my name was mentioned because the skater in question jumped too much." (explanation that jumping the same kind of jump too many times causes the jump to have 0 points attached)

"I'm like, wait, how many times have I jumped so far? I get flustered! I get flustered..."

Oda and Hanyu are best friends, about what Hanyu's really like, Oda said, "He's such a gentleman! When ladies leave he holds the door for them, or pulls out a chair for them, he's really kind to women."

"He doesn't like to eat much. He doesn't eat much, when eating a meal he often says, oh I'm full. I've never seen him eat fried food. He says it's too heavy on his stomach."

The last clip is Rafael Arutyunyan asking Hanyu for an autograph and Hanyu being surprised.

Thank you for the translation! :clap: 

I love how Oda-san talked about how Yuzu is such a gentleman.

And I also smiled at Yuzu's slightly bemused-surprised face when Arutunyan asked him for an autograph, and his "びっくりした..." afterwards was cute lol.

Hi guys!! Came back for the weekend. Tried posting a few days ago but it didn't get through seems like.

The technical talk about flip n lutz was awesome.. though I have no problem differentiating those it's such an insight!

Also I'm totally on board with the fact that a lot of people put a crazy standard for Yuzu. It's like he's expected to perform well each and everytime and if he slips even just a little, people start wondering and so quick to put him down. Another thing is the fact that considering what he does, how he does stuff, judges still feel reluctant to reward him as it is. I know it's subjective, yada yada.. but in comparison with most of other guys, he stands out pretty clearly so that kind of thing is unfortunate. It's not easy what he does, he bothers to put so much into an element, yet he's getting the similar point as one who barely puts extra effort. I think for others it can be disappointing, like would feel it's kinda a waste to do extra effort and take risk (if you will) yet the reward doesn't reflect it.. but since it's Yuzu, he doesn't let it get to him, he stays driven and continuously strives for improvement towards perfection. That's a thing to admire and it's really not easy I bet.

Anyway.. all the talk for the new programs never fail to entertain!! I'd like something dramatic, with stand out character, so he can emote 110% fully and have no one complain about it :s_yes lots of sparkles (lol)..

I don't think I need to worry because I believe he and his team will make a smart choice for his own benefit.

Neenah said:
I guess I am one of the lucky people who haven't watched figure skating for long, so any music he comes up with will be new to me :space: 

Yeah! I haven't had time to get tired of warhorses since I haven't followed any full seasons before. It did get a little amusing finding so many R+J programs this year, from juniors to seniors.

xeyra said:
Neenah said:
I guess I am one of the lucky people who haven't watched figure skating for long, so any music he comes up with will be new to me :space: 

Yeah! I haven't had time to get tired of warhorses since I haven't followed any full seasons before. It did get a little amusing finding so many R+J programs this year, from juniors to seniors.

You're right. I also have contact with the figur skating after many years (thanks to Yuzu). Although I have seen a lot of his SP and FS from different years. I couldn't say that the music of the warriors was muted me. Yuzu's delicate body and its subtle lines, soft movements contrast with sharper music, creates a wonderful whole. That's why I would like the music "harder" for FS. :hachimaki: 

I guess I am one of the lucky people who haven't watched figure skating for long, so any music he comes up with will be new to me

No worries, you'll catch up really quickly with the rate those multiply.

Shae? Do we have any news about Shae?

Scheduled to do Radionova's LP May 2-7.

Oooh thanks. I wonder if they might start working from Mon then. Also this may easily be one of the things that halted him in joining FaOI, at least the first dates.

Lol all the (possible) choreographers are busy then? But Jeff is doing SOI in toronto right? And if he goes for DW I don't think DW would spend all day/the entire day with Marin Honda? Is Elena going to Toronto then?

Neenah said:

Same boat, hand shake! I'm rather looking forward to getting to know some warhorses in the Olympic season tbh :space: Check them off my list!

And we have twin avatars! :love: 

PomeloPooh said:
Neenah said:

Same boat, hand shake! I'm rather looking forward to getting to know some warhorses in the Olympic season tbh :space:  Check them off my list!

And we have twin avatars! :love: 

Looking forward to the Olympic season too and seeing everyone's programs, playing Warhorse Bingo, and hoping that Yuzu would pick a not overly warhorse-y classical piece to skate to.

(No Carmen or Carmina Burana please!)

mcq said:
Dara said:
meoima said:

Lol all the (possible) choreographers are busy then? But Jeff is doing SOI in toronto right? And if he goes for DW I don't think DW would spend all day/the entire day with Marin Honda? Is Elena going to Toronto then?

Yup, Lena should be in Toronto now.

Last year she posted photo with Shae:

radionova3jpg.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think it was taken at the same rink Shae does choreo with Yuzu?