General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

I finally caught up. So prologue is basically about closing his competitive chapter and giving us a nice summarization of the not-so-easy journey. The production was way above my expectation and I didn’t expect a collab with THE MIKIKO. It must have been very expensive to pull something like this so I doubt he made much out of this. But his goal is definitely not money.

I don’t know how he managed to prepare this in only 3 months, it should be rationally, logically, theoretically impossible but yeah, how? I can feel he had so many sleepless nights in the past months. This is way higher quality than FaOI and tbh, FaOI is the absolute king of ice-shows (the rest are practically unwatchable, not that competitions are anything better though lol).

I loved the attention to details, quality and the general content. Also, I loved how he acknowledged Patrick Chan as his only true rival. Good to know that he knows.

I have minor suggestions:

-        Putting a rest day between back to back shows. He was visibly (and understandably) tired in the second day. Putting a recovery day in between will be helpful to avoid extreme exhaustion. Skating alone for 90 minutes is insane on its own.

-        Improving the camera work, the aerial shots were gorgeous but I would like to see those glorious edge works too. Using multi-camera is going to do the work.

-        Skating to fewer number of programs but in more full content.

Anyway, if I were ISU (luckily I’m not as I’m not a stupid corrupted racist homophobic a**), I would be very worried now. Because his ice-show is exactly what crowd would want and follow: quality, sincerity, integrity, artistic, hardwork, passion, love. I mean comparing the mere number of attendances should already tell them.

Thanks Yuzu for all the hardwork, looking forward to how you can take this to another level of greatness. Rest well <3

1 hour ago, Madita said:

Perhaps it is possible to share it with the satellites on the planet? 💕

1 hour ago, Elly said:

I second this wish :tumblr_inline_n2pjd9Lx401qdlkyg:

I would love to be able to do it, but it turns out that the download is in the application itself, not on the laptop :13877886:

6 hours ago, Perelandra said:

The age app

:winky: Yuzu really is the perfect Ambassador for a skin care brand

The energy drink by the boards must be made with aqua vitae

Enjoying himself skating Prologue is part of the formula for the elixir of youth

At least the age app finally understands that he's a boy...for a while there it was 80-20 getting Yuzu's gender wrong

18 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

At least the age app finally understands that he's a boy...for a while there it was 80-20 getting Yuzu's gender wrong

Yes I remember that well. There was at least one time at TCC, that Yuzu was photographed with a little girl, who was at the around 8 or 9 yo and the age app put the girl symbol and very young age for Yuzu. Yuzu often registered as female and the youngest in the TCC group photos.

Does anyone know what this is about?

V6GUPcPK_x96.jpg

Embedded video
0:18
6.8K views

Quote Tweet

wdxK5erh_normal.jpg

すみれ

@yh_ys_127
·
16h

真っ青な会場喜んで貰えて本当に良かった😭💙めちゃくちゃ綺麗だった😭 ヤバい、、って泣きそうな羽生さん見てまた泣いた😭 #プロローグ #プロローグinYOKOHAMA
Show this thread
7 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

I finally caught up. So prologue is basically about closing his competitive chapter and giving us a nice summarization of the not-so-easy journey. The production was way above my expectation and I didn’t expect a collab with THE MIKIKO. It must have been very expensive to pull something like this so I doubt he made much out of this. But his goal is definitely not money.

I don’t know how he managed to prepare this in only 3 months, it should be rationally, logically, theoretically impossible but yeah, how? I can feel he had so many sleepless nights in the past months. This is way higher quality than FaOI and tbh, FaOI is the absolute king of ice-shows (the rest are practically unwatchable, not that competitions are anything better though lol).

I loved the attention to details, quality and the general content. Also, I loved how he acknowledged Patrick Chan as his only true rival. Good to know that he knows.

I have minor suggestions:

-        Putting a rest day between back to back shows. He was visibly (and understandably) tired in the second day. Putting a recovery day in between will be helpful to avoid extreme exhaustion. Skating alone for 90 minutes is insane on its own.

-        Improving the camera work, the aerial shots were gorgeous but I would like to see those glorious edge works too. Using multi-camera is going to do the work.

-        Skating to fewer number of programs but in more full content.

Anyway, if I were ISU (luckily I’m not as I’m not a stupid corrupted racist homophobic a**), I would be very worried now. Because his ice-show is exactly what crowd would want and follow: quality, sincerity, integrity, artistic, hardwork, passion, love. I mean comparing the mere number of attendances should already tell them.

Thanks Yuzu for all the hardwork, looking forward to how you can take this to another level of greatness. Rest well <3

Absolutely love your summary and suggestions, particularly the point on less numbers but fuller content :-) 

I keep thinking about the moment in Prologue when when the the video of RJ1 in Nice segued into the live performance. If he chose to, Yuzu could use similar techniques to construct long-form narrative programs for future shows, with or without other skaters. Some segments could be video, and some could be live skating, perhaps including footage shot by Jordan Cowan in addition to footage from fixed cameras. Yuzu could even play multiple roles, perhaps interacting with himself in video or holographic form. 

I can see something like the saga of Uesugi Kenshin lending itself to that sort of treatment, just for starters. Yuzu would never lack for material, given the entire sweep of Japanese history and culture. 

This type of theater/opera/ballet approach may not appeal to him. But if it does, the possibilities are pretty mind-blowing, given the technical tools at his disposal and his obvious desire to explode the traditional concept of ice shows. Personally, I hope he does experiment with developing a complex narrative over the course of an entire show. But I know that any show he presents will be extraordinary, and I'll watch every single one of them!

:nod2:

Guest Mary_kyo

Past, no matter how challenging and unfair it was, has gone (but not forgotten or forgiven ofc). I hope this new exciting chapter will be filled with only happiness and many happy programs from now on. That little heart of him only deserves good things.