General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Madita said:

My biggest wish would be that TV Asahi also broadcasts live a day of Prologue in Hachinohe

Yes please, they could film all of the days and air them after the show. They would never be short of tv ratings 

A great many supporters are hoping for a Blu ray/DVD from Axel Store

Guest Mary_kyo
19 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Details from the galaxy brain

And to think this was all accompanied with claps from the audience, supporting him to the next stage:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
17 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

I finally caught up. So prologue is basically about closing his competitive chapter and giving us a nice summarization of the not-so-easy journey. The production was way above my expectation and I didn’t expect a collab with THE MIKIKO. It must have been very expensive to pull something like this so I doubt he made much out of this. But his goal is definitely not money.

I don’t know how he managed to prepare this in only 3 months, it should be rationally, logically, theoretically impossible but yeah, how? I can feel he had so many sleepless nights in the past months. This is way higher quality than FaOI and tbh, FaOI is the absolute king of ice-shows (the rest are practically unwatchable, not that competitions are anything better though lol).

I loved the attention to details, quality and the general content. Also, I loved how he acknowledged Patrick Chan as his only true rival. Good to know that he knows.

I have minor suggestions:

-        Putting a rest day between back to back shows. He was visibly (and understandably) tired in the second day. Putting a recovery day in between will be helpful to avoid extreme exhaustion. Skating alone for 90 minutes is insane on its own.

-        Improving the camera work, the aerial shots were gorgeous but I would like to see those glorious edge works too. Using multi-camera is going to do the work.

-        Skating to fewer number of programs but in more full content.

Anyway, if I were ISU (luckily I’m not as I’m not a stupid corrupted racist homophobic a**), I would be very worried now. Because his ice-show is exactly what crowd would want and follow: quality, sincerity, integrity, artistic, hardwork, passion, love. I mean comparing the mere number of attendances should already tell them.

Thanks Yuzu for all the hardwork, looking forward to how you can take this to another level of greatness. Rest well <3

As you know, I had my doubts about how fast everything was going, but just like you, Yuzu beat me. He did it, he has done it in record time and with honors. I also agree with all your points.

5 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

I keep thinking about the moment in Prologue when when the the video of RJ1 in Nice segued into the live performance. If he chose to, Yuzu could use similar techniques to construct long-form narrative programs for future shows, with or without other skaters. Some segments could be video, and some could be live skating, perhaps including footage shot by Jordan Cowan in addition to footage from fixed cameras. Yuzu could even play multiple roles, perhaps interacting with himself in video or holographic form. 

I can see something like the saga of Uesugi Kenshin lending itself to that sort of treatment, just for starters. Yuzu would never lack for material, given the entire sweep of Japanese history and culture. 

This type of theater/opera/ballet approach may not appeal to him. But if it does, the possibilities are pretty mind-blowing, given the technical tools at his disposal and his obvious desire to explode the traditional concept of ice shows. Personally, I hope he does experiment with developing a complex narrative over the course of an entire show. But I know that any show he presents will be extraordinary, and I'll watch every single one of them!

:nod2:

I think your idea fits well with Yuzu's own concept of his figure skating. There is always a story in his programs, now the story could be extended to the whole show. Yuzu can do it alone, we just saw it, or surrounded with other professionals who are at the level and willing. Thus, instead of the classic format of ice shows of unconnected performances, Yuzu could create shows with a story, with a common thread, interspersing videos and using mapping to create the scenarios. I really see it.

:nod2:

Hope that the collective love and kindness of so many supporters has conveyed to Yuzu how much people care about him and his skating.

May these wonderful sentiments help to start the healing process. Just like the little bracelet lights in the arena we can banish the pitch black darkness and all go forward into the light.

Amor vincit omnia

9 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Yes please, they could film all of the days and air them after the show. They would never be short of tv ratings 

A great many supporters are hoping for a Blu ray/DVD from Axel Store

I sincerely believe that Yuzuru's artistry and mastery of ice figureskating =his performances should be recorded in the best format technologically available, for all posterity to marvel at his genius.  Did I mention that I actually bought a 4K capable large screen TV specifically to view his performances? Prior to my falling down the rabbit hole, I rarely watched TV and had a run of the mill screen.  Blue ray please, Yuzu:ganba:

Guest Mary_kyo

Yuzu is far bigger than his "sport". The aesthetics of Prologue were extremely high quality, as expected from Mikiko. She was in charge of a part in closing ceremony of Rio 2016 and was supposed to do the opening for Tokyo 2020. Let that sink in. Yuzu collaborated with a giant that only works on Olympics level. All for his ice-show. I hope this collaboration continues.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].