General Yuzuru Chat

What if the reason for delaying  the gp assignment is connected to tomorrow presscon?maybe if he is indeed retiring or skipping the gp this season but if the assignment came out before the presscon,it will definitely defeat the purpose of the prescon.Unless the presscon is about another reason

11 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

What if the reason for delaying  the gp assignment is connected to tomorrow presscon?maybe if he is indeed retiring or skipping the gp this season but if the assignment came out before the presscon,it will definitely defeat the purpose of the prescon.Unless the presscon is about another reason

I cannot think of such a considerated ISU...

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Just went to JSF website

Sure enough Yuzuru Hanyu is still listed as strengthening player. 

Yuzu has always been considerate. I have mentioned this before, undoubtedly he would have informed JSF about any plans regarding not competing prior to the new competition season, because Yuzu would want funding for training to be allocated to an actively competing skater. He would not inconvenience the admin and financial staff, pretending that he would stay active in comp and then not doing so, if he already had had plans not to compete in the upcoming season

That's why what I'm most worried about, right now, is that something happened this past few weeks to radically change everything 😣

idk, I've seen speculations that he may have been waiting to call for this presscon after FaOI and GP assignments, but then ISU made a mess, the former JpnPM was killed and so he delayed it... 

But in FaOI Yuzuru had talked about 4A, which can only be officially acknowledged in ISU competitions, and he was no doubt very much still loving FS, so it felt that his motivation to carry on was strong. If he is really r. (we'll know in less than  24h), the one thing I need to know is that it is truly what he wants, not what whatever new circumstances forced him to do.

(It helps knowing that Yuzuru doesn't wishes to leave fs entirely. Not like Patrick who got into real estate or TessaV. who happily kissed goodbye to her skates the moment she and Scott were done with their thank you tour😅)

55 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

This is just extreme...

This is so dramatic and over the top, spelling such doom&gloom😅😅 (well, for ISU&FS finances, the day Zuzu decides he's finally done with them would indeed be doom&gloom):brain-slug-smiley:

An aside, I'm wondering why announcement came from Sirious team (afaik more of a legal team working behind the scene), rather than ANA which should be Zuzu's "employer" and acted as spokesperson for him in the past, at times. Anyone remembers who previously issued his press con statement in Beijing or e.g. in early 2016 when it was about the dating rumours?

I think instead previous statements of WD from GPseries in 2020-21 or e.g. Nationals or WC all came through JSF

For sure must be something big enough to be done in Tokyo... I guess the choice of location is so not to inconvenience the media interested in covering it. Could be arranged in Sendai too, but it's easier for one person to travel to Tokyo than for dozens of networks&press, and it's something Yuzuru would be mindful of, IMO

I veer between fear that there has been some catastrophic career ending injury since FaoI and hope that it’s just a more low key, no demonstration version of the old media days.

The presence of ANA and this legal team is a bit different.  It reminds me of when Kohei Uchimura left Konami and set up on his own after Rio.  It may be that family can no longer cope with managing his endorsements etc and he is setting up a structure for that, coaching change, some sort of change in the way he manages his career.  If it were just retirement he might need a press conference but would he need his main sponsor and a legal team to be present?

not at people on twitter saying he’s announcing his marriage lol but tbqh I’d much rather have that than to hear news of retirement and injury. If he does retire, I hope that it’s on his own accord and not because of a career-ending injury.

I sat down with my thoughts for a while and could not fathom why JSF is quiet and the announcement was coursed through his team instead.  I keep going back to him announcing his retirement because if it’s announced by his team, it could be more personal. Whatever it is, I just hope all goes well tomorrow. 

OMG, what I've waken up to? I have so many speculations and a lot of them are just to spite ISU and JSF so I won't tell, but the funniest I came up to is that he is leaving JSF and skating for Chinese federation, being adopted by the Chinese as a peace maker.

Seriously though, The timing of ticket sales in Finland and this announcement seems right to me. As in "Fanyus I know everyone against me keep using me as a sales thing so wait for my announcement before purchasing tickets. And I'm doing all challenger series this time so I won't participate in GP. Arigatou gozaimashita, bye." (this is only for fun, I do not believe this is the real announcement, even though I will laugh so hard if it is something similar.)

51 minutes ago, EisElle said:

That's why what I'm most worried about, right now, is that something happened this past few weeks to radically change everything 😣

33 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I veer between fear that there has been some catastrophic career ending injury since FaoI and hope that it’s just a more low key, no demonstration version of the old media days.

I think it would be a huge coincidence and extremely bad luck if something happened right after FaOI, when most likely he was resting and not even going to the rink. So while we can never exclude this possibility, I think it is very unlikely that he had an injury just recently. 

This is a translation thread of one of the articles. The biggest new information for me was that Yuzu has reserved the press conference place and time for some time ago, so what ever it is, it is not something sudden but rather something he has known for some time. Also the article is written in hopeful way, not retirement way. But I doubt the journalist knows anything more than we right now.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].