General Yuzuru Chat

36 minutes ago, kiches said:

When I read the line, "the willowy Hanyu looked like an oak tree beside the slender, blond, five-foot teen" it immediately brought me back to the video footage of last year's media day. There was that one moment during Yuzu's Seimei run-through where Stephen had fallen and slid near him and he just sort of glances over (sorry for the crap screenshot, I don't have the original video handy at the moment). That's one mighty oak tree.

170809_SEIMEI_2_Open_Practice_Run_Throug

Last year media day  :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5: 

15 hours ago, Neenah said:

NO

That is the one piece of music I will not forgive him for using  :animated-smileys-angry-041:

:notamused: And why is that? hahaha. I won't forgive him if he skates to Scheherazade though. That piece has been overused too many times for me. 

But I do love the thought of Yuzu skating to Tango de Roxanne. I think he will bring a new side to it with his charisma.  

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu revisiting "Modern Times" wearing baggy janitor overalls and sporting a fake moustache?

The funny thing is, you know he'd make it work.

About any Gogolev hype: I think it would be hard not to get hyped about a kid Brian's training who's only 13 and can already do all 5 quads and 3A (it seems a given that once he gets old and strong enough, he'll be trying for Nessie,  too - who wouldn't?) and especially in Canada, where we seem to be able to train 'em, but we can't win 'em when it counts. That being said, he's not a hockey player, so the hype from our press will be minimal by comparison to what might happen in other countries (like Japan). 

If he were a hockey player, though, well...Sydney Crosby comes to mind...the coverage that guy got before he was even old enough to drive was nearly nauseating...talk about pressure. 

Besides the music and the hair, what moves would you all really like to see in this year's programs? The jumps are a given but what else would you like to see? 

Personally, I love Yuzu's travelling sit spin and want to see more of it. It's a really unique move and I can't think of anyone else who's currently doing it in the men's. I'd be quite happy if it turned up in both programs, along with the Ina Bauer. 

Are there any of his moves that you could do without? I never want to see that blasted A- spin (butt spin) again, from anyone, ever. 

22 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Besides the music and the hair, what moves would you all really like to see in this year's programs? The jumps are a given but what else would you like to see? 

Are there any of his moves that you could do without? I never want to see that blasted A- spin (butt spin) again, from anyone, ever. 

He did a layback spin at FaOI. Will be interesting to see if he really use it in his programs this year. 

At this moment I just want to know which songs he decided to use though. :sadPooh:

6 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu revisiting "Modern Times" wearing baggy janitor overalls and sporting a fake moustache?

The janitor overalls might be fine, he can probably make it look like runway wear.

The fake moustache...ugh no.

5 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Though we probably shouldn't spread this idea too much; who knows Zu might go ooooh and use it for quads, and Brian will go aaaaah and start shedding even more.

It'll probably be more like TCC practice, the triples and quads edition. Probably at some point, even steady Cha and Jason Brown will get involved.  Poor TCC coaches-the shedding will be terrible.

@Yatagarasu: I'm glad that our continuous effort to insert the idea of Tango+Zu has persuaded some people to the idea of Yuzu doing a tango or latin piece. Exceeeellleeeennnnt

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Personally, I love Yuzu's travelling sit spin and want to see more of it. It's a really unique move and I can't think of anyone else who's currently doing it in the men's. I'd be quite happy if it turned up in both programs, along with the Ina Bauer. 

I want to see more variations of his spins. Like I know all his variations by now and want to see something unique and new. 

4 часа назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Those sit twizzels from R&J1 and Swan

Спойлер