General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, jinabee said:

depends on if he can get the 4lz stable in time. 4lz gives extra BV, as could the 4s3t, but if his lisfranc has healed, he's altered his technique to avoid re-injury and is confident he can land to combo in the second half consistently it's the better option. His 4lo is pretty stable and has good potential to get decent GOE, he gets good GoE on his 4t3t...it's a safe option that pays off. the 4lz is a risk and he's maybe a bit wary of 4s3t at this stage :P 

Yeah. I have a feeling that 4lo is gonna be a 4lz if it's stable enough. He's actually being pretty smart with his layout while still being conservative. He's going for jumps that he knows he can execute cleanly.

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I know 4lz is everyone's dream but 4lo is so beautiful I want it to stay forever. It's my favourite after delayed 1a and 3a.

4Lz and 4Lo performed together in a program will make me die happily :68556365:  even tho it will give a massive heart attack lol

Fingers crossed for this someday! but not next season I think my heart can't handle the olympic anxiousness with it :laughing:

1 minute ago, jinabee said:

depends on if he can get the 4lz stable in time. 4lz gives extra BV, as could the 4s3t, but if his lisfranc has healed, he's altered his technique to avoid re-injury and is confident he can land to combo in the second half consistently it's the better option. His 4lo is pretty stable and has good potential to get decent GOE, he gets good GoE on his 4t3t...it's a safe option that pays off. the 4lz is a risk and he's maybe a bit wary of 4s3t at this stage :P 

Oh yeah, 4Lz would be better in terms of the BV itself, but nothing guarantees it'll help the final score more than the layout with 4Lo because, well, it's a new jump with the added issues that'd bring. His goal is to start off with a clean SP as often as possible, I suspect, so as much as I'd love the 4Lz in SP, I'm not expecting it, even if it would make sense with 4T3T's return (as in, get a trusty combo back in order to afford a higher risk on the solo jump).

I'm still hopeful for a 4Lz in the FS, though. 

34 minutes ago, meoima said:

Jeff hasn't finished the ice shows. I still think there is a chance that once Jeff and Yuzuru have time together, they might think of a new SP. Or they might adjust something very big in the SP.

This.  Yuzu got LGC choreo around mid july last year, so there's still possibility of new SP :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

This.  Yuzu got LGC choreo around mid july last year, so there's still possibility of new SP :biggrin:

I still think his SP is still open up a bit for debate. Cause literally, he hasn't had a new SP choreography yet. I am just sure he already has the LP done somewhat during the time in Toronto. 

We shall see, from now until August if Yuzuru will decide to stay with Chopin and upgrade the layout or get a new SP entirely. 

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

You guys say this now that I've kind of fallen in love with the 4T3T right on musical cue. I might miss Chopin 3.0 if he has a new SP, who'd have thought!?

who'd have thought indeed. the power of yuzu haha. I swear if he ends up trolling us, there would be implosions everywhere :laughing:

His 4T was super reliable this season, 4Lo as well. I don't think he will put quad Lutz or 4S-3T until he's desperate but he has no reason to be. This season was more about his technical development, comparing to previous one when he focus of maximizing each element of his skating. From this season he got the message; 4Lo is good, 4S-3T won't let him survive lol. With reliable 4Lo and 4T, new confidence of putting quads in second half, I think he will make sure to really maximize TES and PCS like in 2015-16 season with what he learnt from this season.

OMG you guys... I can't believe I just caught up to almost 30 pages of this.. wondering what the hell happened only to find out it's you guys running commentary about that morning news program... :Poohgaveup: but hey I think I also learnt something new lol.

:laughing:

Yea guys let's chill don't get so worked up.. we wouldn't have any energy left for the remaining off season.. which I'm sure still leave us with some more surprises. :ohno:

I don't think he necessarily has to avoid 4S3T next season. Even if he doesn't put it in the short, he may leave it in the FS. 

As Tracy said, Yuzu had some problems with 4S3T this year, but it's something he can fix during off-season.

Tracy's words about 4S3T from @gladi translation:

"Interestingly, he succeeds (landing 4S3T) without any problems during practice. The mistakes come out suddenly during competition. I believe it is related to the energy during his performance. He is very musical and he loves the audience, so I wonder if [the trouble he has had] weren’t because he completely immerses himself into the music during competition, and ends up drifting from the timing (of the jump). He probably would have succeeded had he given up on dancing and gone simply for the jump, but that wouldn’t have been Yuzuru. I think he can overcome the choreography and timing issues, and perform the contents of his program next season right from the start, building upon the experience he had gained this season."

I can't believe I survived yesterday :Poohgaveup:

As everyone else I have also reached the final stage of grief. Chopin is beautiful, easily one of my favorite programs. The last few weeks I've been constantly watching it and lamenting the fact that I was never able to see it performed live. Well. Here's my chance

All we can do is trust Yuzu and his decisions. He has proven time and time again how intelligent and sensible he is.

And, tbh, I don't think I am physically capable of rooting for any other man to get OGM. (And I still can't imagine a podium without him on top.)

10 minutes ago, Roby said:

I don't think he necessarily has to avoid 4S3T next season. Even if he doesn't put it in the short, he may leave it in the FS. 

As Tracy said, Yuzu had some problems with 4S3T this year, but it's something h

Oh, I have no doubt whatsoever 4S3T will remain in the FS, unless he decides to upgrade to 4Lo3T or something. He conquered that combo monster in the FS.