General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:slinkaway:

It's like when you go to a dollar store and find a bunch of knockoff brands.

Watching this feels like when a bug creeps up on you, please make it stop:59227c768286a__s:

so far at least no tracy or briand yet... 

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Is this something that can be throw onto the ice? :P

They sell thin bowls that can be placed on top of rice so you can cook rice and one more dish at the same time. However I am a non-rice person in general so I used to cook soup and a dish with it. Um.. I am hungry now.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

We will wrap it up in layers of bubble foam and top it with golden foil paper (um, I suppose this is available somewhere). I am sure it will be so shiny he will not miss it!

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Re tossing a rice cooker onto the ice for Yuzuru: as per icecreamy above, I agree you will need a lot of bubble wrap and foam.

And someone standing near the rinkside - or someone who is good at shotput! And be very careful to not hit anyone when you throw it (unlike those Poohs that have been seen to land on Yuzuru's head, or fly near it). Or you could use something like a fishing rod, and lower it down to him in the K&C area? :smiley-laughing021: Might be safer, and become a moment of posterity on TV!

So yea, it's doable if not necessarily practical or standard! :laughing:

*edited since icecreamy beat me to it*

18 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Re tossing a rice cooker onto the ice for Yuzuru: as per icecreamy above, I agree you will need a lot of bubble wrap and foam.

And someone standing near the rinkside - or someone who is good at shotput! And be very careful to not hit anyone when you throw it (unlike those Poohs that have been seen to land on Yuzuru's head, or fly near it). Or you could use something like a fishing rod, and lower it down to him in the K&C area? :smiley-laughing021: Might be safer, and become a moment of posterity on TV!

Yeah a thrown wrapped rice cooker would be like a cannonball, probably end up knocking out a Pooh-gathering child. Aren’t there a lot of STEM types here? Maybe they could design some sort of portable parachute device. So it can land gently upon the ice. :surprised:

20 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Sounds more doable, I do have plenty of strong fishing lines. Also we should purchase mini cooker instead of the big ones, because when mama Hanyu is around I am sure he is well covered. So he only needs single portion. I have a mini slow cooker like this. My mom always laughs at it since it does look like a toy. 

We should also write on the cover that this is “life saving” purpose 

9 minutes ago, fishheadanon said:

seriously tho, I'm sure he has a rice cooker :laughing: I haven't yet met an East Asian without at least one rice cooker in the household  (I think the previous tenants of my apartment had 3 at a point) 

Makes me feel better about my two then!

By the way, OT, but love your sig: does make me think - if no man's actions can escape heaven's gaze, can a woman's actions escape? :P

8 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

Aren’t there a lot of STEM types here? Maybe they could design some sort of portable parachute device. So it can land gently upon the ice. :surprised:

Why not just use a drone? Might be easier...? I had hoped my fishing line idea might have been simplest.

6 minutes ago, icecreamy said:

Sounds more doable, I do have plenty of strong fishing lines.

Might have to braid a few fishing lines together to make it strong enough...and then spray paint the line shiny so it can't be missed!

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I love eating and I love cooking. I am opposite of Yuzu from this point of view. I'd do well as a substitute mom/wife. I have experience in boys primarily using me for my cooking skills

Oh I'm the opposite of you. My no. 1 criterion for boyfriend: has to be a good cook!

Didn't he have a package of noodles in K&C before? 

If we're throwing rice cooker may as well pack the inside with yummy things (fresh strawberries, tomatoes, noodles, etc). Balanced diet, good until the next competition. :)