General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I feel like what we're seeing is the difference between figure skating fans and Yuzu fans.....

I completely, honestly completely (!!) understand the feelings of wanting Yuzu to do well to the point of hoping that others don't do well. But I hope that we can try to rise above such reflex emotions. It's an understandable feeling, but I hope we can try to be better than that, beccause it's hardly an admirable way to think or feel. 

Yuzu himself says what he wants is for everyone to skate clean, and then for himself to skate clean and WIN. Yuzu wants everyone to be skating their best. As a figure skating fan, I want to see everyone skating well, and to see beautiful programmes. If someone beats Yuzu and he deserves too, all congratulations to him. (But of course the problem is the judging... let's not go down that tiresome rabbit hole again) 

This is one of the reasons I admire him so much. And he is right. It's not fun to win by default because you have weak opponents. The reason Yuzu stands out among the champions is not only what he achieved, but also how he achieves them against worthy opponents. 

8 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

We dont doubt Yuzu persay. Its rather Boyang and Nathan are quad monsters...

Quads have such high BV and the PCS points that Yuzu has an advantage over may not be enough in the future. 

We dnt wnt Yuzu attempting crazy quads after injury.

We therefore are, well I feel threatened by Boyangs potential growth at TCC. 

How can I help my natural fan instinct of wnting Yuzu to stay No. 1?

Cnt help it. If yuzu competes I wnt him to stay on top. If he doesnt I would still love him the same but Im not gonna lie.

I love seeing Yuzu win. 

I'm not sure how Yuzu is not a quad monster? Let's see- Boyang has 3 quads (4T, 4S, 4Lz) that are stable, potentially a 4Lo and no 4A yet. That's 3 stable ones

Yuzu has 3 stable ones-4T, 4S, 4Lo, and a slightly unstable 4Lz, and potentially a 4 A coming up.

If 3 quads is enough to be a quad monster, are we sure Yuzu isn't a quad monster? He's the only one with a potential 4A, so how is he not a quad monster? None of the other top guys as far as we know, are even trying it in harness. Then there's the -4T combos that he and Shoma are trying.

As for Boyang vs Yuzu-um, much as I love Boyang, I don't think he's a threat yet. He's got a couple years to go before he can challenge Yuzu on the PCS front, and at least in China, Shoma, Javi and Nate were considered bigger "threats" to Yuzu getting gold. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm not sure how Yuzu is not a quad monster? Let's see- Boyang has 3 quads (4T, 4S, 4Lz) that are stable, potentially a 4Lo and no 4A yet. That's 3 stable ones

Yuzu has 3 stable ones-4T, 4S, 4Lo, and a slightly unstable 4Lz, and potentially a 4 A coming up.

If 3 quads is enough to be a quad monster, are we sure Yuzu isn't a quad monster? He's the only one with a potential 4A, so how is he not a quad monster? None of the other top guys as far as we know, are even trying it in harness. Then there's the -4T combos that he and Shoma are trying.

Quad lutz and triple toe combination are Nathan and Boyangs stable combinations. And they perform them very well. .

As with Quad flip too.

Boyang and Nathan have higher BV because of their large quad varieties. 

I love Yuzus jumps more. They deserve higher GOE for sure.

Yuzu is a quad monster. But not in the sense that Nathan is called Quad King by the media.

To be honest Nathan attempting 6 quads in Free or Boyang doing similar is funny to me.

It looks like Half Pipe or a jumping competition (borrowing yuzus words on describing jump centered programs).

I dislike such approaches to skating and laugh at how technical the sport has reverted to.

I called them quad monsters simply because quads are their main weapons for winning, and this sort of brutal quad force strategy, though not artistically appealing, it works. (Sometimes)

I'm smh in disappointment.

Yuzu likes being pushed. He's never been one for looking around and constantly watching his back. He's always competed against himself, reaching for his ideal for himself. He pushes himself more than anybody else. Of course he's aware of how things are changing, and he's adapted to it throughout his career, even pushing some of those changes himself, but he's always been going for his own perfection. He knows his perfection will get him his wins.

If anybody else does improve to the extent that they begin to genuinely become his competition when they both do their best, becoming his equal, then they deserve to be called a real rival. I could never wish for them to not fulfil their potential. If Boyang has the potential to one day beat Yuzu even on his best day, then so be it.

Though I think the only way Yuzu could be beaten in the next quad is if his body cannot keep up with his ambitions. That's why I'm glad he has fulfilled most of his big goals. He won't have regrets now, when he looks back one day. Or so I hope.

But my hope is that all of the skaters who are challenging him are given every opportunity to improve themselves in every way they choose. If one of them chooses to work as hard as Yuzu has done and one day truly surpass him in quality, then I'll have no complaints about it. I doubt it will happen because Yuzu is simply too good to be beaten as long as his health allows him to be at his best. 

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Exactly. Yuzuru's quads are in another League, and so far he's the only one who ever delivered a balanced program with sublime quality and 4 quads. So the quad Monster really is him.

You know at what else Yuzu is Number One? Becoming motivated thanks to the competition. It's when Jin Boyang skated a wonderful SP at NHK that Yuzuru smiled and brought a figure skating Revolution on Ice. 

We also cannot spend hours complimenting Yuzuru's fair game spirit and then fail to do the same. 

I hope Jin or any other young figure skater will reach their full potential, because that's what Yuzuru or any other wise athlete would hope for. Because it's good for the sport as a whole. 

Also, Jin is the only one in the sQuad currently who is trying to develop a complete package. His So at Worlds 2018 was Amazing. Too bad he seems to have Javi style laziness sometimes and he bombed gloriously because of lack of practice. I don't wanna see him do that again. 

So remember, the stronger the competition gets, the stronger Yuzuru will become. As long as health is with him, which we hope will be for many years more. 

Basically, I'll throw all toys out of my pram and then set the world on fire if Yuzu is beaten because of dodgy judging. If he's beaten because he bombs or because somebody actually surpasses him in time - well, I'll always love Yuzu best, and Yuzu will still be GOAT because we should compare athletes at their peaks, but I will also accept it and applaud them. Probably while crying a lot. But then I cry a lot when Yuzu wins, too. This boy is responsible for my dehydrated state. 

Yuzu acknowledges Boyang. I want Boyang to grow into his potential and prove Yuzu right. I acknowledge other skaters potentially beating Yuzu in a competition and i'd rather them beat Yuzu because they deserve the win than because of fudged up judging. Besides, at this point, i just want to revel in Yuzu being in competitions. And i'm glad he seems to also now skate for his enjoyment. I don't feel "threatened". Yuzu is a double Olympic champion, that can't be erased. He's not obligated to win all the time. If they rightfully beat Yuzu then, congratulations. But if their fans make fun of Yuzu, i swear to all skating gods... 

4 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Quad lutz and triple toe combination are Nathan and Boyangs stable combinations. And they perform them very well. .

As with Quad flip too.

Boyang and Nathan have higher BV because of their large quad varieties. 

I love Yuzus jumps more. They deserve higher GOE for sure.

Yuzu is a quad monster. But not in the sense that Nathan is called Quad King by the media.

To be honest Nathan attempting 6 quads in Free or Boyang doing similar is funny to me.

It looks like Half Pipe or a jumping competition (borrowing yuzus words on describing jump centered programs).

I dislike such approaches to skating and laugh at how technical the sport has reverted to.

I called them quad monsters simply because quads are their main weapons for winning, and this sort of brutal quad force strategy, though not artistically appealing, it works. (Sometimes)

I see where you're coming from, but I still don't get how this will affect Yuzu more than it already does now?? Yuzu is determined to attempt 4A and 4Lz anyway, he never stands still, isn't that why he's still continuing to skate and to be on top. Yuzu is not that easily changed or affected by the odds around him. It's kind of impossible to keep him completely safe from new risks while still wanting him to stay no.1. I suggest we have a thoughtful balance between the 2.

Let's trust him that he'll put up a fight even with the tougher competitors than there is now, for all we know that's what's keeping him around.

2 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

I see where you're coming from, but I still don't get how this will affect Yuzu more than it already does now?? Yuzu is determined to attempt 4A and 4Lz anyway, he never stands still, isn't that why he's still continuing to skate and to be on top. Yuzu is not that easily changed or affected by the odds around him. It's kind of impossible to keep him completely safe from new risks while still wanting him to stay no.1. I suggest we have a thoughtful balance between the 2.

Let's trust him that he'll put up a fight even with the tougher competitors than there is now, for all we know that's what's keeping him around.

Haha yes I see. 

😅😅😅😅😅 Maybe Im just a jealous fan who doesnt like feeling threatened by potential threats.

I like how Yuzu is GOAT atm and dnt wnt that to change until yuzu finally retires. 

3 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Totally agree! You can only stay on top if you keep improving yourself, and what's better motivation to improve than good competitors around? At least, the King won't feel lonely on his top spot because he has people trying together with him. The sport will be better too. I have nothing but support for these hard-working athletes. I just hope the judges do their job well so people won't be bitter toward the athletes.

1 minute ago, cinemacoconut said:

Haha yes I see. 

😅😅😅😅😅 Maybe Im just a jealous fan who doesnt like feeling threatened by potential threats.

I like how Yuzu is GOAT atm and dnt wnt that to change until yuzu finally retires. 

Oh yeah, I completely understand. That feeling can't be helped when we have a bias. But hey, our bias is one hell of an alien. Let's not surrender to the dark thoughts, and let him rock the world for us. He's proven why he's over-worthy to be our bias, as well as his GOAT-ness damn well by now and I don't think that name can easily be taken even if he's beaten *cough* by his health *cough* :9: 

5 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Haha yes I see. 

I understand how you feel and thankfully, we have this planet where we can share our worries and be comforted by other satellites. So don't worry, just trust in Yuzu. 😊 

As for trying not to let your love for Yuzu overrule everything, think of it this way.

That love overruling everything is why some of Chan and Takahashi fans become what they were when Yuzu start beating their beloved skaters.

Don't. go. to. that. level.