General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Believe EX also amazing. :pbow::POOH:

Yes, Believe was amazing. The Ina Bauer in that always gives me the chills :smiley-love017:, every time I watch it. When the camera showed parts of the audience, they all seemed to be so emotionally involved watching him skate to that piece.

4 hours ago, Yoa said:

I hope he will avoid Johnny Weir because we don't need another boobskirt... unless it's a lucky item for Olympics.

One can argue that PW blue shirt brought him much more luck than the bookskirt. He better pick something not overly extravagant and, most importantly, blue for at least one program.
Sorry if I went :offtopic:with a small comment outside the costume thread.

53 minutes ago, Icy said:

One can argue that PW blue shirt brought him much more luck than the bookskirt. He better pick something not overly extravagant and, most importantly, blue for at least one program.
Sorry if I went :offtopic:with a small comment outside the costume thread.

In the monument thing interview he mentioned blue being a lucky color for olympics, so i believe he will try to wear blue again :P

Re: Thinking about our HERO's r****ment 

:acceptable:used to give a comment to Media that he's still young, when they said things to him as if he'd already been an old guy. The atmosphere of pushing him to put an end to his competitive career to give way to the younger was there.....

They seemed to forget that he became a senior only when he's 15 (the youngest ever for Male Single in JPN, even now), got his 1st WR (out of 11 up to now) at 17, and became the Champions of GPF/Olympics/ World at the same season at 19, 2nd youngest in the World History of FS to win a OLG at 1st appearance.

And more, the WR holder of SP/FS/TS(110.95, 223.20, 330.43 in order since 2015 (FS score =2017WFC/his own previous record: 219.48 at 2015GPF), the 1st ever to reach/surpass the scores of 110/220/330(and still hold it, even now), the 1st to execute Quad Loop in official competition, the 1st to win GPF 4 times in a row, the 1st Japanese/ Asian(Male) to win the OLG & twice the WCG, the youngest ever (M/15 yo) to be on the podium(silver) at FFC, etc...with these achievements mean that he's too old to continue his history of skating as an amateur?  Where is the relationship between the success and the age ? And, he's still 22 !  It'll be a BIG loss for the figure skating World in many ways, won't it?

....................................................................................

So, to back up Yuzu's word that he's still young, the following data are some certain Jr./Sr. competitors' dates of birth for your consideration.

(Ref:  ISU WS Record)

1987 :  S.VORONOV( :ru: /3.10) 

1988 :  A.BYCHENKO( :il: /5.2)

1989 :  A.RIPPON( :us: /11.11)

-------------------------------------------------------------

1990 :  M.BREZINA( :cz: /30.3),  S.RABBIT( :us: /8.4),

G.HOCHSTEIN( :us: /16.7), K.REYNOLDS

(  :ca: /23.7),  P.CHAN( :ca: /31.12),

1991 :  D.MURAKAMI( :jp: /15.1),  T.MURA( :jp: /11.2),

J.FERNANDEZ( :es: /15.4),  J.RAYA( :es: /20.4)

1992 :  M.AARON( :us: /25.2),  J.HENDRICKX( :be: /18.5),

L.FIRUS( :ca: /2.7,  T.DOLENSKY( :us: /18.7)

1993 :  D.TEN( :kz: /13.6)

1994 :  K.TANAKA( :jp: /22.11),  Y.HANYU( :jp: /7.12),

J.BROWN( :us: /15.12)

1995 :  R.HINO( :jp: /12.2),  M.KOLYADA( :ru: /18.2),  

M.KOVTUN( :ru: /18.6)

1996 :  H.YAN( :cn: /6.3),  S.NAKAMURA( :us: /7.9),

M.MARTINEZ( :ph: /4.11),  

JIN SEO MIM( :kr:/29.11)

1997 :  J.YEE( :kr: /26.5),  N.NADEAU( :ca: /30.9),

B.JIN( :cn:  / 3.10),  S.UNO( :jp: /12.17)

1998 :  D.SAMOHIN( :il: /12.3),  K.TOMONO( :jp: /15.5),  

A.PITKEEV( :ru: /16.5),  N.NGUYEN( :ca: /20.5),

A.SAMARIN( :ru: /15.6),  M.RIZZO( :it:/5.9)

1999 :  A.PETROV(:ru: /26.4),  N.CHEN:us: /5.5),  

R.SADOVSKY(:ca: /31.5),  D.ALIEV( :ru: /1.6),  

D.VASILJEVS( :lv: /9.8),  R.SAVOSIN(:ru: /4.12)

-------------------------------------------------------------

2000 :  S.YAMAMOTO( :jp: /10.1),  T.HIWATASHI

( :us: /20.1),  A.KRASNOZHON ( :us: /11.4),  

V.ZHOU( :us: /25.10)

2001 :  M.SUMOTO( :jp: /4.2),  K.SHIMADA( :jp: /11.9),

Y.KISHINA( :jp: /15.10),  

JUN HWAN CHA( :kr:   /21.10)

*Remarks: The Bold / Underlined  = Top 6

.......................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jmo, as long as he's healthy, he'll continue ENJOY his skating life for sure. Remember during the end of last season that he said he really enjoyed/was excited to skate with his big smile. Besides, he did say after Sochi in the interview with Oda-San (during 2014FaOI) that it's gonna be a period of Quad Battles soon and it'd be great that the level of the sport would be up. He also added that he loved to have rivals 'cause it could only make him stronger!!  Now, that it turns out to be like what he's expected so I don't see the point of his r****ment any more.

Btw, the PERSON who named this Quad Battle Boom as "SHIN-Yonkaiten Jidai"(REAL Quad Period) was HIM and then Media've continued using it on and on since then.  (Ref: "SHIN" in Japanese has a lot of meanings depending on which Kanji (Chinese Character) being used. In this case, instead of the meaning of "NEW"as expected, he indicated his "SHIN" as "THE REAL THING".

(As a suggestion, please make sure to check up with what he put in words in the past, you may find how incredible he was to be so thoughtful, smart and even be capable of foresee things in the future !  :thumbsup: )

One more thing, he'd already said long ago that he wanted to execute all kinds of jumps including Quad Excel before his farewell to his beloved sport but that had nothing to do with the competitions.

And then,at his latest interview with Asahi TV's "Sunday Station"(23.4.2017), he said that he felt like he could execute QE after looking at the data researched to comparing TE with QE which showed that in order to jump QE, he needed 17cms more of the height and so, 10% more of the speed of an approach run to the QE was a must. Besides, didn't he also claim that jumping's something to do with SENSE, not AGE ?  I guess he meant most for the quality, though.

Finally, last Aug, didn't he comment that he realized more than ever before how much he loved skating after those days of patience owing to injuries ?

(Not to refer to twice in his life that he lost his home rink which surely made him to be more alert to his PURE love of skating.)

:offtopic:Doesn't anyone think if he had no problem with his rink and even more if he had a fully-equipped/like-others one, how many more records he'd have made ?

After all, let's leave it to him to decide whatever, it's his one and only life :clap:

Thank you:space:

I was also wondering why everyone was tiptoeing around the R word. Because he is just 22? And most people kind of start skating well at 20-22? Like, people still consider Jason Brown to be developing..  and legends like Plushenko r****d when he was nearing 30? No one talks about Javi r***ng and he like 26? When Yuzu would be 26, it would be the next Olympics. But I don't get why everyone tries to hustle him out of the rink now. 

2 hours ago, yuzuthebest said:

Jmo, as long as he's healthy, he'll continue ENJOY his skating life for sure. Remember during the end of last season that he said he really enjoyed/was excited to skate with his big smile. Besides, he did say after Sochi in the interview with Oda-San (during 2014FaOI) that it's gonna be a period of Quad Battles soon and it'd be great that the level of the sport would be up. He also added that he loved to have rivals 'cause it could only make him stronger!!  Now, that it turns out to be like what he's expected so I don't see the point of his r****ment any more.

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/yuzuru-hanyu-figure-skating-winter-olympics-2018-pyeongchang/

Last week, the Japanese star was quoted as saying, “It’s been my plan since I was very young to win a gold medal in Sochi and end competitive skating with another [gold medal] at the next Olympics and join the professional ranks.”

Hanyu, who dropped to silver behind Spain’s Javier Fernandez at this year’s World Championships, said in a more recent interview that those comments didn’t mean he would stop competing after the 2018 Olympics.

“I was very surprised to learn that [my remarks] were regarded as a kind of r****ment statement,” Hanyu said, according to the Yomiuri Shimbun. “I just mentioned a future plan I envisioned when I was a child. I guess I failed to give a proper explanation. I haven’t decided what I will do after the Pyeongchang Games.

“In reality, I’m not sure what I will think until the moment actually arrives. If I’m dissatisfied after the Pyeongchang Games, I’ll continue skating until I become satisfied. It’s not something concrete.”

Who can believe he'll ever be satisfied? He recently said he was still a long way off his ideal skate, which is just mind-blowing. He's as spectacular as he is because he's never completely satisfied. He's harder on himself at press conferences after winning gold than the guys who win bronze.

Even if he wins a second Olympic gold medal I don't think he'll r**** straight away. And as you said, he's still very young and finally injury-free!

6 minutes ago, Yolo3a said:

I was also wondering why everyone was tiptoeing around the R word. Because he is just 22? And most people kind of start skating well at 20-22? Like, people still consider Jason Brown to be developing..  and legends like Plushenko r****d when he was nearing 30? No one talks about Javi r***ng and he like 26? When Yuzu would be 26, it would be the next Olympics. But I don't get why everyone tries to hustle him out of the rink now. 

Not to mention there's always a chance of coming out of r****ment like Plushenko and Midori Ito did. 

I said the other day that I expect he'll be the Miyazaki of skating and if he were to r**** would find himself unable to stay away, only to then read that, yes, Miyazaki has once again come out of r****ment! It's his 3rd or 4th time now. Geniuses really can't help themselves.

29 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Not to mention there's always a chance of coming out of r****ment like Plushenko and Midori Ito did. 

I said the other day that I expect he'll be the Miyazaki of skating and if he were to r**** would find himself unable to stay away, only to then read that, yes, Miyazaki has once again come out of r****ment! It's his 3rd or 4th time now. Geniuses really can't help themselves.

Well, all we need is Plushy to push him, and he'll just go on and on and on....like an energizer bunny....Plushy only truly "r'ed" this year, and he's 34?And he's had waaay more surgeries than Yuzuru-space-alien-Hanyu...

Would be amused and love to see what would happen if Yuzu and Javier decide to coach together...like TCC v 2.0. Wonder what that dynamic would be like, would they even teach or would there be daily quad battles between the coaches?

32 minutes ago, Xen said:

Would be amused and love to see what would happen if Yuzu and Javier decide to coach together...like TCC v 2.0. Wonder what that dynamic would be like, would they even teach or would there be daily quad battles between the coaches?

I imagine they would argue like parents. Yuzu will be strict and Javi would be more laid back.... unless their students are little kiddies then Yuzu will just spend the entire time ruffling their hairs. hehehe :snpeace:

11 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I actually just looked up "adobaisu purizu" in Katakana and it's a thing. I KNEW IT. This is why Japanese is the best language ever. 

Anyways, from what I've read around, since he's not doing Doi, 9 summer shows is actually a very limited amount of shows! Yuzu might be the one doing the least summer shows this year (well, last year as well, but it was for different reasons). 
I think he's going to keep everything a secret until the very beginning of the season, which is a terrible, wonderful tease for all of us. 
Have there been, in the past, seasons in which the music he skated to wasn't revealed until the first competition?

What does this mean?