General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, meoima said:

Did anyone mention the boobskirt? DO they want to be skinned alive and being eaten by my cats? 

I love cats :img_20:, but sadly my current home doesn't allow pets.  If you don't mind me asking---what kind of cats do you have and do you have more than one?  If I'm going to be eaten :party0021:by them  if I favor the wrong costume , I should at least know what to run away from :runaway: At least I don't favor the boob shirt, so I don't need to worry, but would like a dark teal costume :smile:

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

What does this mean?

They already replied, but I wanted to specify that in Japanese there's a whole category of vocabulary called wasei-eigo, which are pseudo-Anglicisms, which to me are probably one of the most hilarious things about Japanese (I don't mean this in a disrespectful way - I find Japanese vocabulary absorption from the outside particularly intelligent), because these English vocabulary are adapted to Japanese pronunciation, creating things like: teeberu (table), nooto (notebook), or even complete expressions like karesu missu (Careless mistake) or, as I've learned yesterday, adobaisu purizu. So I googled this expression because I wanted to find out whether Yuzuru had made it up, or it was a codified wasei-ego! 
(OT :img_11:)

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

They already replied, but I wanted to specify that in Japanese there's a whole category of vocabulary called wasei-eigo, which are pseudo-Anglicisms, which to me are probably one of the most hilarious things about Japanese (I don't mean this in a disrespectful way - I find Japanese vocabulary absorption from the outside particularly intelligent), because these English vocabulary are adapted to Japanese pronunciation, creating things like: teeberu (table), nooto (notebook), or even complete expressions like karesu missu (Careless mistake) or, as I've learned yesterday, adobaisu purizu. So I googled this expression because I wanted to find out whether Yuzuru had made it up, or it was a codified wasei-ego! 
(OT :img_11:)

Borrowed English words with Japanese pronunciation were one of the hardest things for me, since I'm from the US, because I would pronounce something in the way I'm used to and some Japanese people would not understand me. However, the reverse side is that putting borrowed words in Katakana makes it more difficult to learn English conversation. Also, I think that it sometimes makes for some rather amusing printed sayings on tee-shirts :smiley-whacky059:.

:free-random-smileys-838:Guess who's in this picture ?  

http://blog-imgs-110-origin.fc2.com/b/l/t/bltraveler/20170521111251a66.jpg

It was a seminar for foreign students who had the intention of studying in Japan

held by the Japanese Embassy to China (No idea which city as not shown here).

And this was probably the turn of Waseda University where Yuzu's a student on the register. They introduced him as someone well known and  :BeatingHeart:  by Chinese people, I suppose.  :smiley-love017:

Also, those famous alumni were there.

Explanation to Pictures (as shown only) :

Right Top.   :  7 Japanese former Prime Ministers

Below L>>R: 1) Tadashi Yanai, CEO of "UNIQLO"

Born 7.2.1949/ The faculty of Politics

& Finance

Japanese Billionaire Ranking        

No.1/World Ranking No.41; 

Property : ¥202,000,000,000

2) Haruki Murakami, a novelist,short-

story writer,translator,essayist

Born 12.1.1949/The Faculty of

Literature

One of his notable works, "1Q84"       

has been translated into

more than 50 languages;

Several times already has been

nominated for Nobel Prize

3) Yuzuru Hanyu, the Legend/Megastar

of Figure Skating

(Too many details,impossible to fill in

this little tiny space. :laughing::laughing::laughing:)

........................................................................................

:free-random-smileys-838:Lotte welcomes him home now at Sendai Station !  He should be home soon or directly head for Makuhari (FaOI/ 26-28) ?!

https://t.co/kaGnCniK4Q         

https://t.co/QE6JYH8vsu (added on 24.5.2017)

2 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

If I can say this here :hopelessness:, I don't think the boobshirt is suitable anymore for his current more :free-random-smileys-213: physique. 

So he no longer can be a Juliet on ice? Good thing he didn't miss his chance back in 2013-2014 then! :rofl:

3 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I really hope he will not  be Juliet nor Romeo this time! A R&J.03 is too much! 

... and off topicness continues! LOL

Let's blame it on @meoima - she didn't have to mention the boobskirt, did she? :P