General Yuzuru Chat

46 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

Last night, i watched this again, and he looks so confident :0009:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLrp-w_a5To

I just saw this video(at 12:04) , and he already said he had attempted 4A after Sochi, it's just 1/4 rotation short, and it can be recognized as 4A on the protocol, and think by now he definitely has it since he looked so confident like you said:devilYuzuf:

2 minutes ago, fluffypooh said:

I just saw this video, and he already attempted 4A after Sochi, it's just 1/4 rotation short,(at 12:04) and think by now he definitely has it since he looked so confident like you said:devilYuzuf:

actually there was a video sometime during 2015 where he fully rotated it but fell.

4 minutes ago, fluffypooh said:

I saw the 2015 attempt, but i was still surprised that he started trying it in 2014 (maybe even earlier he just never said), when everybody else just start adding quads

He was also trying 4Lz in 2014. At the time, didn't he say he wasn't sure what the next Olympics would bring in terms of jumps, just that he didn't want to fall behind? He wanted to be someone who kept up with (and surpassed) the skaters at the top at all times. Right now, though, he is trailing behind in BV. So what next season brings is going to be interesting. Which is why I am crossing all my fingers his 4Lz will get better during the off-season because he may need the flexibility that adding such a jump might give him.

And a good FS music choice that will be more consensual among judges and commentators. 

1 hour ago, Yuazz said:

I believe he will upgrade his layout (if he really want that second OGM, he must). He set himself to go beyond his ideal for Olympic season.

But let's guess.. How many percentage yuzu will put 4Lz in his program next season? You know, from the last interview he said he won't put 4Lz in his program but... Who knows? 

I'd say even if he doesnt have it in from the beginning, by Olys, there'll be a Lz

1 hour ago, Yuazz said:

I believe he will upgrade his layout (if he really want that second OGM, he must). He set himself to go beyond his ideal for Olympic season.

But let's guess.. How many percentage yuzu will put 4Lz in his program next season? You know, from the last interview he said he won't put 4Lz in his program but... Who knows? 

I'm thinking he already has 4lz, but his team are just waiting to see what the others come up with at the beginning of the season. I guess it's in the reserve for emergency scenarios where the BV of the young chasers is dangerously high. I don't think he'll go for it otherwise, and I'm glad for that. The lesser the risk of injury in this particular season, the better.

And btw, I :thumbsup:  your signature! :PMay it be a good sign for this season...

6 minutes ago, surimi said:

I'm thinking he already has 4lz, but his team are just waiting to see what the others come up with at the beginning of the season. I guess it's in the reserve for emergency scenarios where the BV of the young chasers is dangerously high. I don't think he'll go for it otherwise, and I'm glad for that. The lesser the risk of injury in this particular season, the better.

And btw, I :thumbsup:  your signature! :PMay it be a good sign for this season...

Nathan's BV is kind of already dangerously high, if we're talking about the BV he'd have had at Worlds if he'd repeated the 4F and 4Lz. Plus Nathan will be given better PCS than Boyang, someone else who will have very high BV with the 4Lo (and more so if he repeats the 4Lz). Sure, this doesn't guarantee they'll land everything and win, but their BVs will give them a very high cushion. 

4 hours ago, meoima said:

Not to mention Shoma doesn't have a true 4F. If I have to use Mishin's words, Shoma's 4F is just an illusion. It's more of a hybrid of a toe and edge jump. It's not even a quad because it's just 3.25 rotations.

Nathan is the only one with a true 4F at the moment.

Has Mishin really said that? Surprised...

I could agree with Shoma's PCS (even if still think Yuzurus crazy footwork in SP was underscored and underrated) but his jump scores are just insulting to the others. Wrong edge, wrong toe-pick, PR...I'm telling that even BV of that weird elements should be decreased, they are telling me about positive GOEs...

Javi's jumps are good but...he doesn't have better transitions, footwork and performance than Yuzuru!! 

Nathan's PCS also are just ridiculous. 

But hey Y.Kim has got less than +0.9 GOEs for almost every element in LP in OG2014. I think I should prepare myself to that "mesmerizing" judging next season for avoiding heart attack every time.

10 minutes ago, surimi said:

I don't think his team are waiting to see things. I think Yuzuru is still practicing rigorously so he can upgrade higher BV as much as he can. At the same time, he might have some choice for his LP, maybe some similar set up so he can skate cleaner.