General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, meoima said:

Well, apparently Yuzuru is very sensitive to the surrounding that's why he is so emotional. He can feel bad or good energy from people. He has great mentality, of course every one has weaknesses but of all the men in the top, his mental strength is the strongest.

He isn't calm and collected and he doesn't act so chill like Nathan Chen for example. But he can be strongest when needed. And after all those years, he has proved he is the leader people always look up to,

Without Yuzuru as the leader, the men can not reach where they are today. And if Yuzuru just do not take the burdens, the rest of the men will be clueless.

In a Japanese documentary aired after the 2016 Worlds, Yuzu said he is lonely and he recognised this as the price to pay for staying on top of his game. He said he had to shut down from the world so that he could focus on skating. He said he is weak because if he were strong enough, he wouldn't be affected emotionally. 
Yuzu is honest about his fears, and he always strives to turn pressures into propellants.
He is the driving force for the development of figure skating and, with or without admitting, the young guns owe (partly) what they've accomplished to him.

20 minutes ago, raebia said:

At Sochi, I was already a Yuzu fan, and watching it on tv was pure terror to me...

Sorry I can not say anything more uplifting:rofl:

About the whole Olympic season I strangely do not remember so much, but Sochi itself was tv- hell- and at this time, I had no comrades in arms in a forum to tremble and cheer with:hand::pbow:

Became a fan at Worlds 2012, so was also a fan before Sochi and It was super stressful :smiley-scared003: watching on TV by myself.  Remember closing my eyes for the first 2 jump passes and only listening.  Have gotten less calm about competitions he's in over time even, but there are people to worry with me on this forum , so we should stick together  and be strong :lifting:!

27 minutes ago, raebia said:

At Sochi, I was already a Yuzu fan, and watching it on tv was pure terror to me...

Sorry I can not say anything more uplifting:rofl:

About the whole Olympic season I strangely do not remember so much, but Sochi itself was tv- hell- and at this time, I had no comrades in arms in a forum to tremble and cheer with:hand::pbow:

I didn't even have the nerve to watch the stream!!  Congratulate for passing that time

:rofl:

11 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

Became a fan at Worlds 2012, so was also a fan before Sochi and It was super stressful :smiley-scared003: watching on TV by myself.  Remember closing my eyes for the first 2 jump passes and only listening.  Have gotten less calm about competitions he's in over time even, but there are people to worry with me on this forum , so we should stick together  and be strong :lifting:!

:lifting::lifting::lifting:!!

12 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

I am to emotionally that I can feel the tense from your word...:smiley-sick030:

But it's must be very happy to witness his OGM

:space:

19 minutes ago, dd2_edge said:

In a Japanese documentary aired after the 2016 Worlds, Yuzu said he is lonely and he recognised this as the price to pay for staying on top of his game. He said he had to shut down from the world so that he could focus on skating. He said he is weak because if he were strong enough, he wouldn't be affected emotionally. 
Yuzu is honest about his fears, and he always strives to turn pressures into propellants.
He is the driving force for the development of figure skating and, with or without admitting, the young guns owe (partly) what they've accomplished to him.

It's always easy to be the chaser than the top of the top. That's why most Olympic gold medalists r****d, lost motivation or just withdrew from most competitions after wining Olympic. Yuna didn't come back to GP series after Vancouver. Plushenko also didn't do GP or even WC after 2005.

No men in the field could understand the pressure that Yuzuru is enduring in every competition. 

The mentality of being the ice king comes with a huge price. I can't understand how people dare call Yuzuru as weak. I laugh at people calling his rivals as having nerves of steel and Yuzuru not.

The other men are not mentally stronger than Yuzuru. They're just at better place to feel less stress.

I dare all the current men to compete with the pressure Yuzuru has suffered in the last 4 years. I am sure all of them would rather not being on top for such pressure and attention.

That's why Nathan doesn't seem to stick around for 2022. He just wants to be the chaser, easier to do, and be done with it. 

4 minutes ago, meoima said:

It's always easy to be the chaser than the top of the top. That's why most Olympic gold medalists r****d, lost motivation or just withdrew from most competitions after wining Olympic. Yuna didn't come back to GP series after Vancouver. Plushenko also didn't do GP or even WC after 2005.

No men in the field could understand the pressure that Yuzuru is enduring in every competition. 

The mentality of being the ice king comes with a huge price. I can't understand how people dare call Yuzuru as weak. I laugh at people calling his rivals as having nerves of steel and Yuzuru not.

The other men are not mentally stronger than Yuzuru. They're just at better place to feel less stress.

I dare all the current men to compete with the pressure Yuzuru has suffered in the last 4 years. I am sure all of them would rather not being on top for such pressure and attention.

That's why Nathan doesn't seem to stick around for 2022. He just wants to be the chaser, easier to do, and be done with it. 

This is so true. Great post.

1 時間前, anyanee said:

Guys, I have a silly question to ask but I really want to know from pre-Sochi era fanyu......How do you guys survive olympic season....

Sorry for off topic....

First (after Worlds2013) I was worried about his knee, then relieved to see him getting better, (he still wasn’t in good shape in June, but in July he finished each shows with crazy jump sequences, like in first week he did 4T-3A-3A, then next week he did 4T-3A-3A-3A…) then got worried again seeing Skate America (where Tatsuki Machida skated pretty well) and Skate Canada (where Yuzu did not skate so well…,) but relieved to see perfect PW again in TEB, thrilled to see GPF and almost dead from fatigue after Nationals, struggling to catch up everything happened in Sochi each day and fell asleep after seeing men’s FS, crossing my finger all through the season for his opening 4S in FS.

Being written out, it doesn’t seem especially tough. Seasons after Sochi might be a lot tougher for him and for fans, because the roller coaster has become more huge and complex than before, though he got stronger, too.

As for 2017-2018, I want to focus on appreciating each of his performances as much as possible, praying for his good luck.

I agree that no men in the field could take the pressure that Yuzuru endured without cracking under its weight. I feel like most skaters see the 'top' as something to touch, something to reach, a gold medal to grab and hold on to. But when you reach the top, staying there becomes almost like a responsability. At least, I think this is why Yuzuru has been staying on top since Sochi. He took the responsability and the role of pushing the sport forward, meaning, pushing all of the other skaters forward, through continuous self-improvement.

I honestly cannot see any other skater ready to take on that responsability. Nathan, Shoma, even Javier (imo), they all feel like they want to reach the top, but then they wouldn't know what to do with it. Because their ambition stops there. Their vision stops there. After that - freefall. But Yuzuru has always had a clear view of what was ahead of him, thanks to the fact that he became Olympic Champion at 19 years of age, and thanks to his sensitivity and intelligence.

7 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

First (after Worlds2013) I was worried about his knee, then relieved to see him getting better, (he still wasn’t in good shape in June, but in July he finished each shows with crazy jump sequences, like in first week he did 4T-3A-3A, then next week he did 4T-3A-3A-3A…) then got worried again seeing Skate America (where Tatsuki Machida skated pretty well) and Skate Canada (where Yuzu did not skate so well…,) but relieved to see perfect PW again in TEB, thrilled to see GPF and almost dead from fatigue after Nationals, struggling to catch up everything happened in Sochi each day and fell asleep after seeing men’s FS, crossing my finger all through the season for his opening 4S in FS.

Being written out, it doesn’t seem especially tough. Seasons after Sochi might be a lot tougher for him and for fans, because the roller coaster has become more huge and complex than before, though he got stronger, too.

As for 2017-2018, I want to focus on appreciating each of his performances as much as possible, praying for his good luck.

Thanks for sharing your story^^

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I agree that no men in the field could take the pressure that Yuzuru endured without cracking under its weight. I feel like most skaters see the 'top' as something to touch, something to reach, a gold medal to grab and hold on to. But when you reach the top, staying there becomes almost like a responsability. At least, I think this is why Yuzuru has been staying on top since Sochi. He took the responsability and the role of pushing the sport forward, meaning, pushing all of the other skaters forward, through continuous self-improvement.

I honestly cannot see any other skater ready to take on that responsability. Nathan, Shoma, even Javier (imo), they all feel like they want to reach the top, but then they wouldn't know what to do with it. Because their ambition stops there. Their vision stops there. After that - freefall. But Yuzuru has always had a clear view of what was ahead of him, thanks to the fact that he became Olympic Champion at 19 years of age, and thanks to his sensitivity and intelligence.

This is one of many reason I admire him. He still have the same passion all the time even he's on the top for a long time. I really want his mental strength

I think what helps Yuzu is he is always certain of his goal. He knew Sochi gold medal was within his reach and he put that as his goal since he was a kid. I recall the one talk show where he told Nobu he knew his goal to be an Olympic Champion when he was still in middle school and Nobu was shocked to hear it. Yuzu also put 2 OGMs as his goal from the beginning, thus he didn't lose motivation after Sochi. 

44 minutes ago, meoima said:

So true. He cried after breaking the WR (again) in 15 GPF - he admitted in an interview to Shuzo Matsuoka that he did it out of fear. But he never runs away from his genius and talent and what comes with the crown. It's hard getting to the top, but the ultimate test is staying there braving the winds and clouds at all times. I'm afraid Yuzu will always be alone.

2 minutes ago, dd2_edge said:

So true. He cried after breaking the WR (again) in 15 GPF - he admitted in an interview to Shuzo Matsuoka that he did it out of fear. But he never runs away from his genius and talent and what comes with the crown. It's hard getting to the top, but the ultimate test is staying there braving the winds and clouds at all times. I'm afraid Yuzu will always be alone.

Fear after breaking the WR? Of what, losing? Being chased? Pressure?

2 hours ago, the50person said:

I think it's different cos last time there were hopes he might win, but I wasn't too concerned because he was still young and it was to be his first Olys. Men usu peak at 23-25 I think? He also didnt have any major titles to his name until he won GPF right before Olys. Only comfort was that it was held in Russia and not Canada, so PCS was less predictable. There was also a gap between (Patrick and Yuzu), and the (rest of the field).

But this time, the judges have made the gap smaller between Yuzu and the rest, and with the US hyping Nathan and Javi and Patrick being a strong threat should they skate well (actually all are threats, evident from 2017 Worlds), Yuzu has less room for errors because a big mistake could mean that he will be off podium. We don't know what will happen actually, since we don't know how the feds and judges will act on the day itself. And don't forget the pressure is huge. He will enter the season as reigning and defending Olys champ, reigning World champ, reigning GPF champ for 4th consecutive time, current world no.1 and the holder of all 3 WRs.

I have a suspicion that judges might try to allow for a WR if any of them do well because it increases hype and media coverage and ppl do like seeing records being broken at Olys. It just feels more badass.

I feel you..I've already almost got multiple heart attacks during 4CC and worlds this season...WTT SP reminds me the existence of pressure...:dpooh:

Can't wait for Faoi...Did I just see 4T3A3A3A1A?!?!