General Yuzuru Chat

Guys, forgive me if I bring a negative mood but I'm so uncomfortable so I want to confess. This is the first time I understand how jealousness is scary this much. I grow up by been teaching about an acceptance for what we have and what we don't have and also how to turn jealousness into power to improve ourself. I'm so upset for what happen in twitter lately. I don't know how those people have been teach about envious. But spreading lie is big No. It's ok to have jealousness but manage it  by this way is NOT OKAY. Especially to someone like Yuzu. I don't know why they think he will use a very painful memory to promote himself. I don't know why they don't understand how hard for him at that time to keep fighting for his dream.

Maybe, I'm just a colleage student who never feel the REAL world. I'm so sorry to Yuzu. He deserve better than this.....

15 minutes ago, anyanee said:

Guys, forgive me if I bring a negative mood but I'm so uncomfortable so I want to confess. This is the first time I understand how jealousness is scary this much. I grow up by been teaching about an acceptance for what we have and what we don't have and also how to turn jealousness into power to improve ourself. I'm so upset for what happen in twitter lately. I don't know how those people have been teach about envious. But spreading lie is big No. It's ok to have jealousness but manage it  by this way is NOT OKAY. Especially to someone like Yuzu. I don't know why they think he will use a very painful memory to promote himself. I don't know why they don't understand how hard for him at that time to keep fighting for his dream.

Maybe, I'm just a colleage student who never feel the REAL world. I'm so sorry to Yuzu. He deserve better than this.....

Let’s think it this way... we should feel pity towards those people who are spreading lies about Yuzuru because their lives must be so sad. 

3 minutes ago, meoima said:

Let’s think it this way... we should feel pity towards those people who are spreading lies about Yuzuru because their lives must be so sad. 

Yeah..It's better to think that. 

I wonder what Dai, Mao and Shoma will feel when they see their fan doing something like this. It doesn't look good for them....

19 minutes ago, anyanee said:

Social media is always like that. There you can see the true face of humans :shrug:

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

I'm pity on them. Wasting their times to spread the lies and jealous over someone. If that kind of negativity makes their lives happy then I should questioning their mental health. 

Seeing the controversy about Yuzu and the earthquake, his experience with it shows exactly why I would never live in earthquake country.  I remember some years ago where I worked a fellow started working there who was from southern California.  The first time we had a tornado watch (I live in Nebraska which along with some neighboring states is called Tornado Alley), any ways the first time we had a watch he was fit to be tied.  All the rest of us shrugged and he was wondering why.  I told him the difference between a watch and warning.  A watch means that conditions are favorable for the formation of tornadoes.  A warning means there's actually one in the area so best take cover.  When you live in this part of America you learn to live with such things.  I did make the point, however, when I told the guy, "I'd rather live where tornadoes are the main threat.  Unlike an earthquake, at least you can see most tornadoes coming.  I imagine that with the Japanese with earthquakes so frequent (but mostly minor), the Japanese take it in stride.  On the other hand I can see how they also have an awareness of how bad an earthquake is, just like there are different strengths of tornadoes. 

Most tornadoes are fairly small with winds generally around seventy to a hundred miles an hour, just like most earthquakes are weak, just enough, if they are felt at all, to rattle a few dishes and such.  What I have learned, though, is that the longer an earthquake lasts the more severe it is near the epicenter.  The 2011 quake lasted more than five minutes, so that those Japanese who were distant from the quake and felt only minor shaking knew that this was a really bad one.  It ended up being pegged at 9 points on the Richter Scale.  Tornadoes have a rating system also and an F-5 tornado is the strongest, with winds of around 300 miles an hour (roughly 500 kilometers an hour).  The closest I've ever been to a tornado of that magnitude was nearly fifteen years ago, when a monster tornado (it was a world record 2 1/2 miles across at times) flattened a town about 35 miles southwest of where I lived.  I will say that the weather where I was was very ominous that evening and I was listening carefully and ready to take cover if the sirens sounded.  What I want to say here basically is that I can thoroughly understand what Yuzu was feeling when he was fleeing that ice-rink.  Even though I've never experienced such violence personally I've been close enough to it on several occasions to know people who were victims.  There is no way you can fake having been through something like that.  It's transformative.

The point I want to make is that direct experience of a particularly severe natural disaster (or even a man-made one) is almost always deeply traumatic because when it happens a person's sense of reality is greatly challenged.  Suddenly the world is not the orderly place one is accustomed to.  It leaves scars that basically are permanent.  The world returns to its customary order but there is always that awareness that things can get very violent very quickly and one can no longer take for granted the serenity of the day-to-day world.  As far as Yuzu and those accusations being made, my sense is that those are very vile accusations and I can't help but feel for him if he's aware of them because they question what for Yuzu is probably the defining experience of his life.  I once observed that Yuzu almost certainly sees his life as before the quake and after it.  Yuzu faced the possibility of death at the time and  that is not the sort of thing one falsifies.    I have no doubt that those skaters whose fans are engaging in such defamations are feeling badly for Yuzu and I can see that they are probably right now thinking what actions they can take to rectify the situation.  The best thing those skaters can do is to thoroughly and definitively and publicly rebuke those fans of theirs, telling them that if they are going to act in such a manner they should not consider themselves as being their fans, that they don't need fans like them.  The one thing I am sure of in all this is that Yuzu in no way blames those other skaters for the actions of their fans.  That is not Yuzu's way of looking at things.

5 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I may or may not have just purchased Yuzu's book even though I'll probably never be able to read any of it :4:
I guess I'll just have to take it as motivation to study lol

I want to study Japanese too (what better time than when we're inundated with Japanese media, LOL) buuuttt it's such a time commitment.. :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5: and when you stop, you lose everything you've learned :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

So many things...and some ugly ones so the spoiler is in there for a reason:

Spoiler
9 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

Uh?! Why I cannot understand this kind of things...? :2: Maybe I can comprehend (but not justify :3:) this attitude from the fans of Dai because of their "history", but also Mao's fans now? It's a pity for a country with many big talents to appear so divided and fighting for their recognition. To give this award to Yuzu doesn't mean that the contribution of Dai and Mao to the development and the popularization of FS in Japan is lesser; on the contrary... I thought that people would be happy also because is a sign of recognition for FS in the country more in general.

You forgot the Yuzuru 'Mao Asada basically taught me the proper Axel jumping form' Hanyu, and Yuzuru 'Daisuke Takahashi is a being from above the clouds for me' Hanyu :pouty:. (Quotes from Kenji no Heya and NHK'10 interview).

Well, it doesn't help that I've heard people fighting fire with fire and saying that Mao and Daisuke's achievements weren't big enough (oi boiii, second Japanese woman in history to land 3A in (two)Olympics and first to do so two times across the span of one Olympic comp, and first ever Olympic medal for Japanese men+first ever GPF gold for Japanese men aren't small, yo. And that is just a little bit of the legacy, that includes popularizing sparkles power in Team Japan).

So I guess for now we just need to fight fire with Yuzu and make sure social media are flooded with cute Yuzuru and I'm definitely trying to add cute Yuzu having cute interactions with rest of Team Japan to the mix, just to spite everybody trying to actually pit skaters' real fans against each other, when we all know those people, even when not being friends, had a blast from spending time together on the ice. Figure skating, for all the corrupt judging, injuries and drama seems to be also one of the most inclusive sports I've seen (not that I've seen much), so let's try to make it stay this way^^

8 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

Mikha look so confused and intrigued at the same time :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: but seriously what yuzu does standing on top of a roll thingy crossed on top of another roll thingy are there any name for those? I have no idea.. is so hard :rofl:

I hope we are talking about the same moment, but if so, it's the balance excercise with additional roll to...idk, resemble the work of the foot in skate? I guess it also helps his ligaments to stretch?? At least that's what I had to use similar excercises for.

8 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I hope his family will take control of it and let him enjoy life away from electrical devices! 

'Yuzuru Hanyu, I cannot  believe I am saying this to my own son, but right now your electronic devices are restricted to your DS, your Media Player (non connecting with the net), and your earphones.' -mama Hanyu, probably.

Which is still a lot of stuff to carry around xD

Though I have to agree, the boy is aware it exist, let him just stay like this, do not let him see that AGAIN.

8 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

The two Olympics Golf Medals are more likely to have something to do with it, methinks. :9:

Okay, I know it's just spelling error, but now I seriously want Yuzuru to get into golf (and golf to become Olympic sport xD) just for this to happen:smiley-laughing021:. I'm sorry, I'm shallow. (add that to the list of Yuzuru possible future careers?)

7 hours ago, getsurenka said:

Baby mushroom with his two gold medals! (And LGC lol)

Is it only me who just d'awws at Phantoms and Chopin's interactions on the right? Yes? Ok, I'll just d'aww some more.

7 hours ago, MrPudding said:

he should just appreciate he is there i mean... white lgc is not even there :LOL:

He was given the spot of black Pari-San too!

4 hours ago, anyanee said:

*hugs* Well, my sister insist that higher education is like the Neverland, you're adult but kinda not really, so maybe it's true neither of us has tasted real world just yet. At the same time, hating and unproductive critique are the signs of immaturity, usually connected with not-really adults, so:shrug:

The upside of this is that I have my timeline so full of Yuzu being beautiful, adorable and funny from across his whole career that my heart might just burst into tiny swans covered in hearts with gold medals inside. Seems like even from that fight, Yuzu fans emerge absolutely victorious (and with many new pleasant pictures!)

3 hours ago, GoldMedalist said:

Social media is always like that. There you can see the true face of humans :shrug:

why people always assume that it's 'true' or 'honest' when it's negative? Why all those 'I'm just being honest' people never say something nice afterwards?

Sorry, I got off-topic here (and didn't mean to attack you, sorry! it's not directed specifically at this post, I just had a displeasure of hearing 'honest' opinions for half of today), but like, I wish we would use the adjective that is actually negative and not the one originally being supposed to be something desired. Maye something like: ugly, distasteful, hateful, imperfect, type of face Yuzuru doesn't seem to posses like, ever.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

The point I want to make is that direct experience of a particularly severe natural disaster (or even a man-made one) is almost always deeply traumatic because when it happens a person's sense of reality is greatly challenged.  Suddenly the world is not the orderly place one is accustomed to.  It leaves scars that basically are permanent.  The world returns to its customary order but there is always that awareness that things can get very violent very quickly and one can no longer take for granted the serenity of the day-to-day world.  As far as Yuzu and those accusations being made, my sense is that those are very vile accusations and I can't help but feel for him if he's aware of them because they question what for Yuzu is probably the defining experience of his life.  I once observed that Yuzu almost certainly sees his life as before the quake and after it.  Yuzu faced the possibility of death at the time and  that is not the sort of thing one falsifies.    I have no doubt that those skaters whose fans are engaging in such defamations are feeling badly for Yuzu and I can see that they are probably right now thinking what actions they can take to rectify the situation.  The best thing those skaters can do is to thoroughly and definitively and publicly rebuke those fans of theirs, telling them that if they are going to act in such a manner they should not consider themselves as being their fans, that they don't need fans like them.  The one thing I am sure of in all this is that Yuzu in no way blames those other skaters for the actions of their fans.  That is not Yuzu's way of looking at things.

Thank you for sharing it with us (And for giving us tips in case I ever move to a more tornado-challenged country, the worst we have here are floods I think). The bolded part of your statement looks as if it was taken straight out of Yuzuru's mouth. I think it was in this documentary made one year after the catastrophe that he basically has said that his life at that moment felt unreal.

Also, for someone trying to gain publicity from the disaster, Yuzuru was VERY adamant at stressing on how he isn't 'the victim of Tohoku earthquake' but a 'skater from Japan' in the following year:2:... seriously.

I want to disagree about the other skaters having to issue a statement saying they do not need fans like those people, because for me, the moment a person starts focusing on bashing an athlete instead of SUPPORTING other one, he becomes that athlete's anti/hater, and as such, loses any chance of redeeming themselves as anybody's 'fan' (cambridge online dictionary agrees with me that a fan focus on actively SUPPORTING their favorite, and bashing is not included in the description...). So (that's a thought that popped in just now) those people are actually double antis, for bashing/hating on Yuzu AND shaming the name of the other skater as well by connecting it to their action. A bit convoluted thinking I guess, but Team Japan seems to have such tight ties between themselves that I just can't see how somebody wanting to support anybody there can be aggressive towards any other member of TJ. I get a critique, even as weird as 'too airy skating' (lol), but making up facts? :8:  And I'm both happy and sad that those new Yuzuticons are here but have to be used in topics like this.

All in all, conclusion is only one: open up your folders, and let the Yuzu flood carry us on through the drought awaiting for us after all the post-Olympic activities end and Overlord turn back into Cricket Hermit