General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Haha, apparently he went hard on the ones asking the questions lol. I saw someone posted that he answered something along the lines of if Nathan had scored higher than him in SP,  he would changed his FS layout. For Shoma's, he said because of the score difference he was certain he would win when he finished his FS, even if Shoma had landed his 4Lo successfully. (Take it with a grain of salt until someone more competent in Japanese translated it.)

But yeah, Japanese reporters I am staring hard at you guys.

He did say that (and added a lovely little laugh after answering that just looking at the scores,  his win was assured no matter if Shoma landed thatt 4Lo). 

He also added that if he were to retire now (of which he made very clear he has no intention to do anytime soon, since there's still things he wants to accomplish), he'd feel safe/confortable leaving the sport to Shoma on Japan, but at the same time, he still thinks there are things he should teach Shoma properly, as not saying he wants to sleep in front of the media ><

(or something like that... Sleep is getting to me)

1 minute ago, 6277 said:

He did say that (and added a lovely little laugh after answering that just looking at the scores,  his win was assured no matter if Shoma landed thatt 4Lo). 

He also added that if he were to retire now (of which he made very clear he has no intention to do anytime soon, since there's still things he wants to accomplish), he'd feel safe/confortable leaving the sport to Shoma on Japan, but at the same time, he still thinks there are things he should teach Shoma properly, as not saying he wants to sleep in front of the media ><

And the Moderator going: oh that's such a senpai Thing to say... 

2 minutes ago, 6277 said:

Thank you! 

I am at my workplace now but still have to enter the building:laughing:.

About Nathan not bombing:“ I would have changed my layout“.

How cool is this?????

He deserves  another gold medal just for this answer!!

Gives me  my cool and power for the day:biggrin:.

Okay, will enter the workplace now...:laughing:

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

I know I sound like a broken record but my admiration and respect for Zu keeps growing.

He's so intelligent, insightful and eloquent and I love how passionate and excited he gets when he talks about doing what he loves.

On top of that, what's even more impressive to me is he was able to achieve all that even though he must be quite tired from all the media exposure. He really put effort into making his answers meaningful (or in some cases humorous). I always feel privileged to be able to listen to his answers and gains some insight on his mentality and thought process. It is always interesting no matter how much interviews he had done before.