General Yuzuru Chat

I am sick in bed and bored, so I checked Pearson departures and a direct AC flight to Seoul left at around 12:30 eastern time today (sat)...and tomorrow a flight is scheduled for around 11:30 am... I didnt check their estimated arrival times. We dont know if he is going straight there or heading to Japan first, but I am sure J media will be all over it.

CBC news was doing a little feature on lyrics in skating and the reporter said Yuzuru Hanyu from Japan doesnt really like it in his competitive programs because it distracts him when he iscsetting up for a big element, just fyi. So surprised to have them mention him, lol.

2 minutes ago, liv said:

I am sick in bed and bored, so I checked Pearson departures and a direct AC flight to Seoul left at around 12:30 eastern time today (sat)...and tomorrow a flight is scheduled for around 11:30 am... I didnt check their estimated arrival times. We dont know if he is going straight there or heading to Japan first, but I am sure J media will be all over it.

CBC news was doing a little feature on lyrics in skating and the reporter said Yuzuru Hanyu from Japan doesnt really like it in his competitive programs because it distracts him when he iscsetting up for a big element, just fyi. So surprised to have them mention him, lol.

If he's flying with Javi I'm assuming he's coming straight to Korea..

EplaWZ1.pngif it doesn't work

So assuming he'll arrive around 3.30ish then..

9 minutes ago, liv said:

I hope you’d feel better ! 

:consoling2:

7 hours ago, kaerb said:

Yep! Shizuka said she's trying not to ask Yuzu about his injury's progression or condition. She says it's definitely his time to concentrate on what he needs to do so in order to give him a feel of the atmosphere of the stadium, she sent him a photo and that's exactly what he replied, along with 'I'm looking forward to it' ( :

But more importantly.... I wonder what emoji did he use? :biggrin:

Everybody seems to be thinking Yuzu and company are flying commercial.  Has anybody thought that they might have chartered a flight?  A Gulfstream 650E (a business jet) can make it from Toronto to Seoul in roughly the same amount of time as a commercial airliner without needing to refuel.  There would be the money to afford such a charter (with all his endorsement income) and the advantage there is that they could fly directly to the local airport for PC.  There would be no need to make the trip by auto from Seoul.  Moreover there would be privacy there since the only passengers would be those with TCC and (probably) Yuzu's mother.  Security would be better there also if the only passengers are the ones one wants to travel with.    Additionally a 650E has a sleeping compartment with a double bed and seats in the passenger compartment that can be folded out as cots so Yuzu and the others could start getting a jump on jet lag by leaving Toronto at a time when with sleeping on the flight they would arrive in Korea at a time that would have him arriving roughly in sync with Korea time.  Just a thought.

7 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Everybody seems to be thinking Yuzu and company are flying commercial.  Has anybody thought that they might have chartered a flight?  A Gulfstream 650E (a business jet) can make it from Toronto to Seoul in roughly the same amount of time as a commercial airliner without needing to refuel.  There would be the money to afford such a charter (with all his endorsement income) and the advantage there is that they could fly directly to the local airport for PC.  There would be no need to make the trip by auto from Seoul.  Moreover there would be privacy there since the only passengers would be those with TCC and (probably) Yuzu's mother.  Security would be better there also if the only passengers are the ones one wants to travel with.    Additionally a 650E has a sleeping compartment with a double bed and seats in the passenger compartment that can be folded out as cots so Yuzu and the others could start getting a jump on jet lag by leaving Toronto at a time when with sleeping on the flight they would arrive in Korea at a time that would have him arriving roughly in sync with Korea time.  Just a thought.

That sounds good but idk if he would do that even if it's reasonably affordable and all