General Yuzuru Chat

44 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Basically, it'd be a logistical nightmare if Yuzu had to attend a Regional competition so JSF gave him a bye to Nationals so they don't have to deal with it. 

I agree. the security and ticketing alone would be a disaster that i dont think a small competition organizer could handle (imagine a pooh rain there :lmao:) Not to mention the region practically having lost 1 potentially good skater to send to national because of yuzu attending. Although if he will be attending international competition at that time anyway, then it's a relief JSF make a stand.

1 hour ago, Dara said:

FSO is getting more and more ridiculous so I almost stopped going there. There're more productive ways to spend free time.

Enough of :offtopic: in the chat I guess :sleep:

:popcorn:

Why do they not like him? I've got a good idea why some people on GS don't like Yuzu, but why would Russian fans dislike him? 

2 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Why do they not like him? I've got a good idea why some people on GS don't like Yuzu, but why would Russian fans dislike him? 

The same old reason. There isn't anyone like Yuzu among Russian skaters, are there? 

And most of them were Patrick Chan fans, anyway... 

8 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

IDK... too much talent? :angel:

When he was a junior skater many ppl there said how good he is, how promising (did you see that bit in "Kakusei no Toki" DVD where 15 y.o. Yuzu said that he got a present as a best junior skater from Russian fans? It was from users of the forum)

But when he started winning, amount of ppl saying how bad his posture is, how drenched he looks after the performance etc got bigger. And many members of the forum are fans of Patrick so... You can get idea of how it was after Sochi :graucho:

6 minutes ago, itiahs said:

Praying for Skate Canada and France...(however impossible it may seem)

Also, I don't think the location for Nationals has been decided yet?

Yes, Ito said today that they haven't decided yet 

1 minute ago, Dara said:

IDK... too much talent? :angel:

When he was a junior skater many ppl there said how good he is, how promising (did you see that bit in "Kakusei no Toki" DVD where 15 y.o. Yuzu said that he got a present as a best junior skater from Russian fans? It was from users of the forum)

But when he started winning, amount of ppl saying how bad his posture is, how drenched he looks after the performance etc got bigger. And many members of the forum are fans of Patrick so... You can get idea of how it was after Sochi :graucho:

But on VK. There are more Yuzuru's fans, no? I am surprised they have many Patrick's fans over there

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

But on VK. There are more Yuzuru's fans, no? I am surprised they have many Patrick's fans over there

VK is more... compartmentalised. There you can find fan groups for any skater. In FS groups there are still really active trolls who neevr miss a chance to say something ugly about Yuzu. But the worst is sports.ru. This is where all the nutcases go... 

Just now, meoima said:

That's completely different story, FSO is know to be a forum of high-browed elite fans of True Figure Skating (maybe it used to be. not anymore).

In VK percentage of fans is waaaay higher. There was poll "skater you'd love to see at COR" and Yuzu dominated in it I think.

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

VK is more... compartmentalised. There you can find fan groups for any skater. In FS groups there are still really active trolls who neevr miss a chance to say something ugly about Yuzu. But the worst is sports.ru. This is where all the nutcases go... 

maybe it was also the case of yuzu original fans there leaving the forum... like the people here, and then made new ones on VK