General Yuzuru Chat

Does anyone know what time the men's individual SP and FS at PC will start? Even if you don't know the exact time, do you have an idea if they'll skate in the morning or in the afternoon? How long might it last? I'm asking since it'll be my first time watching fs at Olys. I'll be busy those days so I need to know if I'll be able to watch live or not

20 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Does anyone know what time the men's individual SP and FS at PC will start? Even if you don't know the exact time, do you have an idea if they'll skate in the morning or in the afternoon? How long might it last? I'm asking since it'll be my first time watching fs at Olys. I'll be busy those days so I need to know if I'll be able to watch live or not

Here's the link. 

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/schedule

Just click on the medals on the rows dedicated for FS. 

2 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

You can find the full schedule here: https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/schedule

Team Event, Men SP starts at 10am, on the 9th, FS at 10am on the 12th. Individual SP 10-14:30 on the 16th, FS 10-14:25 on the 17th. All times local Korean times (UTC +9 hours)

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

LOL they're really doing the best they can with that material from August...:10814716:

I'm wondering how much yuzu stuff they usually hide from us hungry fanyus keep for themselves:13877886:The drought season really blew the lid off.:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

Go mama Orser!

Awww Brian being the good mama coach for his kids skaters:10636614::10636614:

RE: "people" talking about what skaters coming back from injury should do with their layout

Spoiler

Imo it's quite baffling, more so from someone who should know about skating and injuries, to say that an injury, more so one involving the foot used for the jump (and for landing all the jumps) is not a good reason to reconsider executing a very hard jumping element.

I could be snide and say that *other skaters* who have been in far better phyisical condition this season should #takeresponsability and bring all their shiny new toys at Olys... but rn it looks it won't happen, so I don't see any issue if a skater who had a serious physical problem and lost lots of training time does the same. Here we're talking about a skater coming back from injury, current status *unknown*. It's possible there are even things he physically can't do, right now.

Actually, I would think that health is the most reasonable of all the reasonable reasons to downgrade one's layout, how anyone could ever fault such a choice?:waffle:

And it would be a choice very hard to swallow for Yuzu, so I really hope he's going to do his 5 quad layout because that would mean he is in optimal physical condition and he had plenty of time to train. :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001:

If he doesn't bring the 4Lz we will all know that it's because he simply had not enough time to train a very demanding jump which barely got any competition mileage in a very demanding layout that equally got almost no competition mileage)

BTW, since this is going to be my 1000th post, which in my book is quite an achievement, I’m trying to write something worth recording for posterities.:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: (I was totally anticipating this:laughing:)

So here we go, essay under spoiler not to bother who doesn’t want to follow incoherent ramblings and creepy endless gushing

Spoiler

It’s now one year since I became a stan fan of Yuzuru Hanyu. :smiley-happy105::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::cheer:

I can’t pinpoint the exact day when I went from being a casual fs fan (who enjoyed watching figure skating when she tripped on it on TV, otherwise she could do without it) to becoming a full-fledged minion of our overlord Zuzu. But I remember very well being mesmerized by PW StSq and thinking how the f*** he doesn’t trip in his feet it was the coolest thing ever.  So, at some point between the first and the third week of January I had this unfortunate self-harming brilliant thought: it’s so many years since that Olympic gold, let’s see how that boy is faring.

So I went on an exploration.

Of course there was no way back.:POOH:

I started watching a few videos, and then they became a lot of videos, and then more and more videos, until I started downloading all of them and then I went scouting for any piece of subbed thing I could find.

(and then I ended watching live streaming of documentaries I couldn’t understand half a word of):xD:

I started catching up with Italian forums first, then I switched to the English sources. Then, while I was following the other place, those bad things happened and I was there following the big migration to this new place.

Nine months later, here I am, with an average of more 100 posts a month :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:which for me is really astonishing (I think I might have posted the grand total of 20 posts across all the other forums I have ever joined). And while reading and participating in the daily life of this Planet I have learned so much about skating and dance and music:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:, about ankles and foot injuries:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:, education systems from all over the world and paprika and Kinder egg being forbidden in USA :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:(I can’t even remember what was being discussed in the gen chat, that made me go and search for that. At the moment it’s filed under “tons of useless knowledge I earned from becoming a Yuzu fan:tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:). And I got to know so many different people and let me say I really love this Planet and how friendly and welcoming it feels :earthhug::grouphug::thanks:

(so friendly and welcoming that I’m periodically flooding it with unnecessary wall-texts:embSwan: sorrynotsorry)

Anyway, before “meeting” Yuzuru I thought men’s skating was quite… dull (in my defence I hadn’t seen that much, but what I had seen had left me thinking: the jumps! Those fast spins! But I wasn’t very impressed with all the rest).

And before getting to “know” him I had always been sneering at quite lukewarm about all those fictional main characters in books and films and manga that fight and fight and refuse to surrender and then in the end they magically win against all the odds. I thought such characters and such stories weren’t “realistic”.

So, you can imagine that meeting Yuzu was like crashing into a wall: there he was, one person in the flesh with his total package of “unrealistic” traits.:Poohgaveup:

I couldn’t honestly believe he was real. If he had been a fictional character, he would be the character I wouldn’t have liked. But Yuzuru is real, and here I am. :10742290:

The difference with all those character that I dislike is that Yuzu is a real person and everything he has achieved wasn’t gifted to him because the plot demanded so, but because he gave his all and he went and got it with his own hands.

When I think about Yuzu “the skater” and “the person”, I’m always thinking about these verses form Tennyson’s Ulysses:

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

(The last verse is so darn fitting, I could cry:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:)

Out of the traditional “classic” characters, I’ve always had a particular soft spot for Ulysses (you could argue Ulysses is as “unrealistic” as your usual shonen manga character,  because he survives an insane number of ordeals, but in truth the poor guy spent an awful lot of years away from his family and lost all of his companions while trying to go back home, so I wouldn’t say he gets a true happy handing, when he’s lost so much in the process. Plus, he doesn’t suddenly get a convenient upgrade in powers, and the gods aren’t all that helpful either, so he always has to rely on his own strengths to survive).

I’ve always found most fascinating the character "Ulysses" and what he symbolizes of mankind: the thirst for knowledge, the cleverness, the braveness in the face of adversities, even the somewhat tragic fate of being condemned to never find true contentment.

And Yuzuru shares so many sides of Ulysses: the fearless warrior, the patient strategist, the indomitable explorer, the resilient survivor who fights against ill fate and the gods themselves . Yuzuru even has the same love for his home-country (and it’s funny that Ulysses was king of small and rather poor island, just like Yuzu comes from a city that’s far from being one of the powerhouses of Japanese figure skating, despite the illustrious past).

(Tho of course I wish Yuzu to find all the contentment and happiness in the world:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

Yuzuru has this attitude of never surrendering and always striving for more that makes him a bit of an “alien”, but at the same time those are very “human” traits, the very ones that lead people to always try and understand and “dominate” the world around them, which has made mankind progress in a positive way.

But Yuzu also has this tender and caring side, and this bottomless feeling of gratitude that I think comes both from how he’s been raised and his own life experiences, so he can stay humble even though he’s achieved so much. And he can admit his weaknesses candidly. Yet, even when he lets you glimpse his rawest feelings, his frailty, you can still see that he has a core of steel.

Yuzuru is so incredibly strong and unyielding, but he is also so deeply human, and this is why his personality and his mind are so endearing to me.

I want so badly to dissect him understand how he can be exactly like this, how his body and mind work, because they are both amazing and I really want to know how they came to be.

I know, it's a lot a little creepy. I think sometimes this might be a pretty accurate description of me how I feel about Yuzu :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

Tho most of the time I just feel like the elder sister, a Saya 2.0 who’d like to coddle him and protect him but also so, so proud of him as she looks from a step behind, watching him find his own way, spread his wings and fly.:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

One of the benefits of  becaming a fan so “late” it’s the privilege of being able to watch Yuzu’s performances from different years one after the other. It’s like watching evolution unfold under your very eyes and it made me realize how much Yuzuru has grown, how he is still growing and improving in every respect.

He’s been at the top of the fs world for so long, and yet he is so very down-to-earth and he’s still aiming higher and higher. I admire Yuzu’s “ideal” of a figure skating program and I really hope more skaters in the future and ISU will pursue that very ideal, instead of going down a road that impoverishes figure skating of what it makes it “figure skating” and not only “jumping on blades” or “acting on ice”. When I see Yuzuru skating I can’t really separate tech and art,  because the way he does his tech is aesthetically pleasing to see, too.

There is an innate beauty, I think, in a movement that is both effortless-looking and yet so perfectly fit for its purpose, be it the landing of a jump or a spin entry or hydroblading.

When Yuzuru skates (in particular when he is in UA and displays all his gorgeous lines:10636614:) it feels like when looking at some magnificent animal, all instincts and nimble movements, every bone and muscle fine-tuned by Evolution to attain perfection in its own task.

Physics and biology at work, at their finest.

Darn, I really want to dissect him to know how he works.:10742290:

When I read Yuzu’s interviews, I’m amazed at his insights. I am amazed at what he does, how he does, at who he is.

I feel honoured I can follow him and do my little (even only send him a thank you:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:) to let him know that, no matter what, he has reached so many people through his skating and that’s what will truly last.:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Sorry for the essay, it’s just that Yuzuru is really fascinating, each part of him, the skater and the person, and even tho sometimes I want my blissfully ignorant life back I'm an unrepentant Yuzu fan :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

7 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

LOL they're really doing the best they can with that material from August...:10814716:

I'm wondering how much yuzu stuff they usually hide from us hungry fanyus keep for themselves:13877886:The drought season really blew the lid off.:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Awww Brian being the good mama coach for his kids skaters:10636614::10636614:

RE: "people" talking about what skaters coming back from injury should do with their layout

Hide contents

Imo it's quite baffling, more so from someone who should know about skating and injuries, to say that an injury, more so one involving the foot used for the jump (and for landing all the jumps) is not a good reason to reconsider executing a very hard jumping element.

I could be snide and say that *other skaters* who have been in far better phyisical condition this season should #takeresponsability and bring all their shiny new toys at Olys... but rn it looks it won't happen, so I don't see any issue if a skater who had a serious physical problem and lost lots of training time does the same. Here we're talking about a skater coming back from injury, current status *unknown*. It's possible there are even things he physically can't do, right now.

Actually, I would think that health is the most reasonable of all the reasonable reasons to downgrade one's layout, how anyone could ever fault such a choice?:waffle:

And it would be a choice very hard to swallow for Yuzu, so I really hope he's going to do his 5 quad layout because that would mean he is in optimal physical condition and he had plenty of time to train. :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001:

If he doesn't bring the 4Lz we will all know that it's because he simply had not enough time to train a very demanding jump which barely got any competition mileage in a very demanding layout that equally got almost no competition mileage)

Since this is going to be my 1000th post, which in my book is quite an achievement, I’m trying to write something worth recording for posterities.:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

So here we go, essay under spoiler not to bother who doesn’t want to follow incoherent ramblings and creepy endless gushing

Hide contents

It’s now one year since I became a stan fan of Yuzuru Hanyu. :smiley-happy105::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::cheer:

I can’t pinpoint the exact day when I went from being a casual fs fan (who enjoyed watching figure skating when she tripped on it on TV, otherwise she could do without it) to becoming a full-fledged minion of our overlord Zuzu. But I remember very well being mesmerized by PW StSq and thinking how the f*** he doesn’t trip in his feet it was the coolest thing ever.  So, at some point between the first and the third week of January I had this unfortunate self-harming brilliant thought: it’s so many years since that Olympic gold, let’s see how that boy is faring.

I started watching a few videos, and then they became a lot of videos, and then more and more videos, until I started downloading all of them and then I went scouting for any piece of subbed thing I could find.

(and then I ended watching live streaming of documentaries I couldn’t understand half a word of):xD:

I started catching up with Italian forums first, then I switched to the English sources. Then, while I was following the other place, those bad things happened and I was there following the big migration to this new place.

Nine months later, here I am, with an average of more 100 posts a month :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:which for me is really astonishing (I think I might have posted the grand total of 20 posts across all the other forums I have ever joined). And while reading and participating in the daily life of this Planet I have learned so much about skating and dance and music:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:, about ankles and foot injuries:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:, education systems from all over the world and paprika and Kinder egg being forbidden in USA :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:(I can’t even remember what was being discussed in the gen chat, that made me go and search for that. At the moment it’s filed under “tons of useless knowledge I earned from becoming a Yuzu fan:tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:). And I got to know so many different people and let me say I really love this Planet and how friendly and welcoming it feels :earthhug::grouphug::thanks:

(so friendly and welcoming that I’m periodically flooding it with unnecessary wall-texts:embSwan: sorrynotsorry)

Anyway, before “meeting” Yuzuru I thought men’s skating was quite… dull (in my defence I hadn’t seen that much, but what I had seen had left me thinking: the jumps! Those fast spins! But I wasn’t very impressed with all the rest).

And before getting to “know” him I had always been sneering at quite lukewarm about all those fictional main characters in books and films and manga that fight and fight and refuse to surrender and then in the end they magically win against all the odds. I thought such characters and such stories weren’t “realistic”.

So, you can imagine that meeting Yuzu was like crashing into a wall: there he was, one person in the flesh with his total package of “unrealistic” traits.:Poohgaveup:

I couldn’t honestly believe he was real. If he had been a fictional character, he would be the character I wouldn’t have liked. But Yuzuru is real, and here I am. :10742290:

The difference with all those character that I dislike is that Yuzu is a real person and everything he has achieved wasn’t gifted to him because the plot demanded so, but because he gave his all and he went and got it with his own hands.

When I think about Yuzu “the skater” and “the person”, I’m always thinking about these verses form Tennyson’s Ulysses:

(The last verse is so darn fitting, I could cry:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:)

Out of the traditional “classic” characters, I’ve always had a particular soft spot for Ulysses (you could argue Ulysses is as “unrealistic” as your usual shonen manga character,  because he survives an insane number of ordeals, but in truth the poor guy spent an awful lot of years away from his family and lost all of his companions while trying to go back home, so I wouldn’t say he gets a true happy handing, when he’s lost so much in the process. Plus, he doesn’t suddenly get a convenient upgrade in powers, and the gods aren’t all that helpful either, so he always has to rely on his own strengths to survive).

I’ve always found most fascinating the character "Ulysses" and what he symbolizes of mankind: the thirst for knowledge, the cleverness, the braveness in the face of adversities, even the somewhat tragic fate of being condemned to never find true contentment.

And Yuzuru shares so many sides of Ulysses: the fearless warrior, the patient strategist, the indomitable explorer, the resilient survivor who fights against ill fate and the gods themselves . Yuzuru even has the same love for his home-country (and it’s funny that Ulysses was king of small and rather poor island, just like Yuzu comes from a city that’s far from being one of the powerhouses of Japanese figure skating, despite the illustrious past).

(Tho of course I wish Yuzu to find all the contentment and happiness in the world:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

Yuzuru has this attitude of never surrendering and always striving for more that makes him a bit of an “alien”, but at the same time those are very “human” traits, the very ones that lead people to always try and understand and “dominate” the world around them, which has made mankind progress in a positive way.

But Yuzu also has this tender and caring side, and this bottomless feeling of gratitude that I think comes both from how he’s been raised and his own life experiences, so he can stay humble even though he’s achieved so much. And he can admit his weaknesses candidly. Yet, even when he lets you glimpse his rawest feelings, his frailty, you can still see that he has a core of steel.

Yuzuru is so incredibly strong and unyielding, but he is also so deeply human, and this is why his personality and his mind are so endearing to me.

I want so badly to dissect him understand how he can be exactly like this, how his body and mind work, because they are both amazing and I really want to know how they came to be.

I know, it's a lot a little creepy. I think sometimes this might be a pretty accurate description of me how I feel about Yuzu :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

Tho most of the time I just feel like the elder sister, a Saya 2.0 who’d like to coddle him and protect him but also so, so proud of him as she looks from a step behind, watching him find his own way, spread his wings and fly.:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

One of the benefits of  becaming a fan so “late” it’s the privilege of being able to watch Yuzu’s performances from different years one after the other. It’s like watching evolution unfold under your very eyes and it made me realize how much Yuzuru has grown, how he is still growing and improving in every respect.

He’s been at the top of the fs world for so long, and yet he is so very down-to-earth and he’s still aiming higher and higher. I admire Yuzu’s “ideal” of a figure skating program and I really hope more skaters in the future and ISU will pursue that very ideal, instead of going down a road that impoverishes figure skating of what it makes it “figure skating” and not only “jumping on blades” or “acting on ice”. When I see Yuzuru skating I can’t really separate tech and art,  because the way he does his tech is aesthetically pleasing to see, too.

There is an innate beauty, I think, in a movement that is both effortless-looking and yet so perfectly fit for its purpose, be it the landing of a jump or a spin entry or hydroblading.

When Yuzuru skates (in particular when he is in UA and displays all his gorgeous lines:10636614:) it feels like when looking at some magnificent animal, all instincts and nimble movements, every bone and muscle fine-tuned by Evolution to attain perfection in its own task.

When I read Yuzu’s interviews, I’m amazed at his insights. I am amazed at what he does, how he does, at who he is.

I feel honoured I can follow him and do my little (even only send him a thank you:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:) to let him know that, no matter what, he has reached so many people through his skating and that’s what will truly last.:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Sorry for the essay, it’s just that Yuzuru is really fascinating, each part of him, the skater and the person, and even tho sometimes I want my blissfully ignorant life back I'm an unrepentant Yuzu fan :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:that was beautiful

8 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

BTW, since this is going to be my 1000th post, which in my book is quite an achievement, I’m trying to write something worth recording for posterities.:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: (I was totally anticipating this:laughing:)

Reveal hidden contents

Congrats on your 1000th post!!

I totally agree with everything you just said! You have such a way with words :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: It's amazing how Yuzu manages to turn hardships into strength and continue to push the boundaries of the sport even after achieving so much. He truly has inspired so many people through his skating and just by who he is as a person. ^0^

A brief addition to my lengthier post dealing with the virtues of participating in the team competition as a means of getting into competition mode.  If Yuzu wants the experience he HAS to do the SP because there is no guarantee that Japan would be one of the five teams to advance to the FS.  I know there have been some who feel Yuzu needs more experience with Seimei but he can only get that if Japan is one of the chosen five.  To rely on Shoma in the SP to boost Japan to the final round is not advisable, particularly since Yuzu has had much more consistent success with Chopin.  He's set three records with that program.  The only program he's set more with is PW, his Olympic SP, which he set four records with.  Thus if Team Japan wants to have a greater chance for Japan to graduate to the FS round Yuzu is the obvious person to skate the SP.  Also, if Japan does not advance Yuzu still has had the experience to help him towards a successful competition mentality.  So the choice is fairly simple - Skate the team competition for the desired experience, meaning the SP must have Yuzu skating, or go cold turkey into the men's competition.  I go for doing the team and ideally both SP and FS (depending there on the rest of Team Japan doing its part).

26 minutes ago, micaelis said:

A brief addition to my lengthier post dealing with the virtues of participating in the team competition as a means of getting into competition mode.  If Yuzu wants the experience he HAS to do the SP because there is no guarantee that Japan would be one of the five teams to advance to the FS.  I know there have been some who feel Yuzu needs more experience with Seimei but he can only get that if Japan is one of the chosen five.  To rely on Shoma in the SP to boost Japan to the final round is not advisable, particularly since Yuzu has had much more consistent success with Chopin.  He's set three records with that program.  The only program he's set more with is PW, his Olympic SP, which he set four records with.  Thus if Team Japan wants to have a greater chance for Japan to graduate to the FS round Yuzu is the obvious person to skate the SP.  Also, if Japan does not advance Yuzu still has had the experience to help him towards a successful competition mentality.  So the choice is fairly simple - Skate the team competition for the desired experience, meaning the SP must have Yuzu skating, or go cold turkey into the men's competition.  I go for doing the team and ideally both SP and FS (depending there on the rest of Team Japan doing its part).

Spoiler

Judging from the 4CC results I wouldn't be so sure anymore on Japan struggling to get into FS part tbh. All hail Muramoto-Reed team! It's possible that even with top contenders in game they won't be the last.

As for Chopin consistency, that would be relying on the past seasons' results and that's usually not a good thing. Had CoR's performance happened a bit differently, I would probably agree with you (plus, Chopin would have set another record) but as it is, it seems that candies are enough to give Shoma the boost needed to get the top if he's clean, and if Nathan wobbles (though who knows, GPF told us different story...), and I would still rely on Satton getting behind Alina or Zhenya onto the top of the table. If none of the Olys newcomers melt down in TJ, they are actually having a chance...

Now, could somebody with more knowledge on teams most suitable for the ID and Pairs be nice and tell me that indeed Chris and Kana have a chance on finishing only behind Americans, Canadians, Italians and Frenchmen. France has strong Pairs and ID, but with Pairs it's p.sure they will be edged out by China if they put their best combi, and Canada (not so sure about Russia T.T). ID is a 1/2 lock between France and Canada, if they decide to put P/C and V/M in, then bronze up for grabs between USA and Italy? No podium chance for France in Ladies and Men sans major meltdowns. Italy counts on Dance and Kostner, and hopefully Marchei/Hotarek in Pairs? Because Matteo might finish in top 10, but I don't think anywhere higher.

So, like, I'm sure Canada and USA get into FS (they'll fight for 3rd place in ladies with Caro, most probably, or Satton/Kaori, depending on which goes out in Team), France if Vanessa and her partner end up slaying Pairs. Russia, if they get cleared both people of their top pair, as well. Italy, France, China and Japan are fighting for the last spot.

Or, there will be major upset and say, everybody melts down, and top of the table ends up being straight Spain and Korea across the board xD If Yuzu go for Team SP it's the exact situation in which I can have my dream TCC podium, or rather, "podium", if every hopeful sans Yuzu falter and TCC finish they comback in an absolutely unexpected 1-2-3finish...yeah, girl can hope.

Excuse wall of predictions (that probably should go into predictions thread??) from even not too well oriented fan, but I'm just reeeally hopeful for Japan doing Team FS (yeah, because I love losing sleep that much -,-''), and Yuzu's Japanese pride actually not gaining another helper in form of the 'if-you-don't-go-they-won't-qualify' pressure to push him into a 'I HAVE TO do team' decision, instead of it being just 'I wanna go, and Pros and Cons FOR ME AND NOT MY COUNTRY'S TEAM suggest I should go, too.' type of decision

30 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

thats the tea :war:

Asked whether #YuzuruHanyu should take ballet lessons as he is somewhat inferior to #NathanChen and #TatsukiMachida who took ballet lessons

:animated-smileys-angry-035:

Didn't read the article but,

This better be translated poorly or I'm going to knock whoever asked this question stating it AS IF it was a fact, as if it was the truth. Posture, sure maybe, but it's almost as if they implied it's about the forever subjective "artistry" and PUH-LEAZE as if Yuzu is inferior to either of them on that. Once again ballet does not equal artistry no matter what ubers and the US PR machine thinks, and I'm so tired of the thinking that Nathan's programs being much more appealing this year and new suddenly makes him the epitome of the gold-medal deserving skater who is pushing the envelope with artistry and quads.

Okay, okay, calming down - damn, Yuzu being absent and the hits are coming everywhere. Imagine if he was actually uninjured and roaring going into Olys.

Edit: I feel so bad for Machida. He only was noticed after Sochi and he retired soon after anyway. Now people are bringing him up (to crap on the "artistry" of current amateur skaters) but where was the love when he was competing!?