General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

I can't. :sadPooh: I saw him falling in Chopin live. I felt like my heart stoped for a second. I need to see him being the first and happy to recover.

Think about how his WRs for the past 3 years have been unbeaten by anyone but him! Or rewatch his epic skates, so many to choose from!

2 hours ago, Neenah said:

I know people say that Yuzuru uses the strict judging and harsh criticism to motivate himself but it is still unfair and very hard to accept. I know from experience as a woman in STEM, I had to work twice as hard as the men and always get half the reward, and it is very demoralizing. When you work hard on something it is natural to expect a reward or at least some appreciation, and seeing other get the same or better reward without exerting the same effort is really really painful. My only wish is that Yuzu values his own (and his fans) satisfaction with a performance over the scores since these  obviously have other factors influencing them that no amount of hard work or talent will offset.

Well said...I'm also a woman in STEM so I know what you're talking about...I like to think that despite all these obstacles in Yuzu's way, he's still the top skater...That as unfair as it is, all this will go down as part of Yuzu's legacy. And us fans who are not blinded by propaganda will continue to shower him with the love he deserves.

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Some of the British ESP commentators have bias though. This particular case is Mark Hanretty, sometimes teaches skating at Glacier Ice Arena and had this to say about Nathan's 4CC '17 skate "The jumps are coming from nowhere.  He has the whole package.  He has beautiful posture, wonderfully pointed extension, nice spin positions.” [x] warning: source from Phil Hersh article. Some of these commentators have a very bad memory when it comes to Yuzu. One bad show and it's 'vulnerable' and 'inconsistent' but when he does it clean 'he's the best ever!'. :facepalm:

Maybe this British uncle thinks all asians look the same and he thought he was looking at Nathan when Yuzu was skating....:facepalm:

You know, even though he got silver in the end, that free looked like a victory to me and I can watch it again without any negative or sad feelings. Maybe it's the landed Lutz. And I am sure getting that Lutz landed was an extremely important achievement for him. That scary expression he had after the skate, he must have been so proud of landing that wild thing. :biggrin:

16 hours ago, liv said:

This is Brian news... he wasnt with Jun hwan Cha because he went for sudden surgery in Regina for his gall bladder after experiencing stomach pains there... hope he recovers well, you know he will want to be back for his boys....

Ow, ow owwww... hope it went well! It was scheduled for today, right?

That being said, poor JHC...first he gets injured, and when he gets a little better, his coach does...

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I won't listen to them. I won't harm myself in that way :rofl:Yeah, of course, no content... although @meoima shared just a couple of days ago that video in which very interesting numbers were explained... like the fact that Yuzuru travels more than 50 meters more than the other top 5 on average... or that he lowered the number of crossovers this season, which is the lowest among the top 5... the fact that his turns and steps are in higher number than everyone else among the top 5... 

We could keep going and remind them all of these things and they would still continue to say what they want to say. 

I loved this top5 facts abt YH FS!

Re:British Uncles...Simon Reed is simply too nice and tries to cover for Hanrietty's obvious bias...like at CoR where, for me, he was all like 'lol, dude, are we watching Hanyu or stanning Shoma xD" I wish his regular partner came back, or even that lady from the Ladies SP (even if she didn't sound too convincing for me...). If you listen to the B.ESP at 4CC'17 FS you'll hear Simon trying to go all Fanyu at the YOLO jumps, and Mark going all 'meh, pops, vulnerable' and Simon going with him with a heavy heart of 'yeah, he seemed vulnerable for some time now [or maybe only since the last season, WHICH IS NORMAL]' 

I really wish this judging issues wouldn't get worse. People on my twitter tl has been panicking about Yuzu gonna get robbed in the Oly if this issue goes on. The main reason is we all know as the season goes and the candy kids get consistent results, their PCs will get higher. Yuzu literally needs to go clean to get the points while the candy kids...sigh... they're candy kids anyway...they will get candies regardless. The worst part of this all is ISU always hates the reigning OGM and is so thirsty to find a new young star. So, I really wish some judges can get into their senses tbh; but oh well, I guess it's easier to just rely on Yuzu to unleash his super amazing clean skates than that sigh.. 

27 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

Think about how his WRs for the past 3 years have been unbeaten by anyone but him! Or rewatch his epic skates, so many to choose from!

Well said...I'm also a woman in STEM so I know what you're talking about...I like to think that despite all these obstacles in Yuzu's way, he's still the top skater...That as unfair as it is, all this will go down as part of Yuzu's legacy. And us fans who are not blinded by propaganda will continue to shower him with the love he deserves.

Maybe this British uncle thinks all asians look the same and he thought he was looking at Nathan when Yuzu was skating....:facepalm:

You’re on point here ! 

No wonder commentators usually bunch up the whole Asian fans as “his Japanese fans who follow him around the world “ 

:laughing:

10 minutes ago, b138oo said:

I really wish this judging issues wouldn't get worse. People on my twitter tl has been panicking about Yuzu gonna get robbed in the Oly if this issue goes on. The main reason is we all know as the season goes and the candy kids get consistent results, their PCs will get higher. Yuzu literally needs to go clean to get the points while the candy kids...sigh... they're candy kids anyway...they will get candies regardless. The worst part of this all is ISU always hates the reigning OGM and is so thirsty to find a new young star. So, I really wish some judges can get into their senses tbh; but oh well, I guess it's easier to just rely on Yuzu to unleash his super amazing clean skates than that sigh.. 

I wish people would stop panicking, because that sometimes feels like additional pressure that at some point will get directed towards him.

There's not a whole lot we can do other than just trust him and his training. He's not stupid, far from it actually. I'm sure his coaching team is aware of everything and will try their best to prepare, and they do know how to manage PR since they've been doing this since Yuna's time. Have some faith in him, he's been pretty good throughout the past...7 years anyways.  =)

11 minutes ago, b138oo said:

I wish they could understand that they should just give up on this now because nobody will be as big of a star as Yuzuru. :) If they rob Yuzu at Oly FS will lose me forever as a fan.

Ah, don't mind my uber-ing. All we can do as fans is to spread our own "counter-propaganda" stuff correcting any misinformation that is out there and show Yuzu our full support no matter what. The rest is out of our hands.

14 minutes ago, b138oo said:

It's Halloween...

Shoma and Nathan: Trick or treat?!

Judges: Treat! *give tons of candies*

Yuzu: Trick or treat?!

Judges: Trick! *no candy for Yuzu*

Yuzu: Trick it shall be then: tumblr_nyi9rl6f2P1tsbym4o4_540.gif tumblr_nzgf7uJAkS1sdveyqo1_500.gif

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Landing a couple of 4As in the off-season does not mean it is a 'secret weapon' that he can add to a program as a YOLO jump. I'm not even sure anymore if people are actually taking ideas about 4A this season seriously or not but please don't. :laughing:

I'm not really taking it seriously, but if that Brian interview was accurately translated, the 4A 'training' sounded as casual as the 4Lz one. Or maybe that was just Brian's wishful thinking lol However, I don't think we know just how far he's gone with it. He says it was casual and didn't even say if he's landed it or not. The only one who's said he's landed it was Maxx I think. But it was Brian who first threw it out there, and that was actually kind of surprising, since the fandom is otherwise full of Brian being terrified by it and losing his hair as a consequence. *shrugs* Though either way, we'll see it when we see it.

36 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

It's Halloween...

Shoma and Nathan: Trick or treat?!

Judges: Treat! *give tons of candies*

Yuzu: Trick or treat?!

Judges: Trick! *no candy for Yuzu*

Yuzu: Trick it shall be then: tumblr_nyi9rl6f2P1tsbym4o4_540.gif tumblr_nzgf7uJAkS1sdveyqo1_500.gif

Demon yuzu is da best! Please yuzu, let out your inner demon at NHK.. again. :hachimaki:

You know, he is such an incredibly talented skater. I do hate it when people overlook his talent when he has become World and Olympic Champion and they take time to praise others who they think to be younger and more potential. More than anyone else, he is the one who deserves the greatest praise for all his talent and hard work. Sometimes I think if i were him, I would be so frustrated. And with his fierce personality, I do think he had had that feeling too. But I don't see this as a bad thing althought I always want people to appreciate him. As he said, he would only focus on himself and try his best to deliver the best of him. Yes, we want him to win, he wants that 100x more than us. And it's all on him. The only thing we need to do at the moment is supporting him because we can't change anything about judging system. Thinking about it just makes us more frustrated. So let it be.