General Yuzuru Chat

50 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

I love H&L too but we haven't seen his best Seimei 2.0 yet.

Watching the guys at Skate Canada tonight reminded me of just how unique and special Yuzu is.

Yea, looking forward to that...though I like H&L a lot better than his best Seimei 1.0...so it might just be down to personal preference....

I shall see if Seimei 2.0 can impress me the way Seimei 1.0 couldn't. =P

2 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

Yea, looking forward to that...though I like H&L a lot better than his best Seimei 1.0...so it might just be down to personal preference....

I shall see if Seimei 2.0 can impress me the way Seimei 1.0 couldn't. =P

Seimei and H&L are different. If seimei is a hot , H&L is cold one. H&L music gives me calm while seimei gives me goosebumps.. Both are one of my favorite. But my top list fav was R&J 1. 

20 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Seimei and H&L are different. If seimei is a hot , H&L is cold one. H&L music gives me calm while seimei gives me goosebumps.. Both are one of my favorite. But my top list fav was R&J 1. 

:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:R&J 1 still give me the shivers even though his skills wasn’t that great yet. His emotions was :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

Results from Skate Canada and significant implications for Yuzu at the NHK.  Those who were worried about Patrick Chan should relax somewhat.  He came in fourth and combine this with what happens next at the NHK, should he do as bad there as he did at home, he might not even be in the GPF.  The real story is with Shoma, who took the gold, and this should be disturbing, Shoma won by some forty points over 2nd place Jason Brown.  That's like some of Yuzu's big wins.  I said in an earlier post that I considered Shoma as the major threat to Yuzu's Olympic success and I stand by that opinion.  We'll finally see Shoma and Yuzu go head-to-head at the GPF and also again shortly later in the Japanese Nationals.  Because of Shoma's success so far this season and the fact that he was the silver medalist at World's last March, I would expect the men's event in the Japanese Nationals to be the one with the most international interest of all the various national competitions.  I watched Shoma's short program at SC on YouTube and I can say he was totally in charge.  He broke one hundred on the SP score and nearly topped two hundred on the FP with his combined just north of 300.  In the Lombardia Trophy that began Shoma's season he cleaned up big time, with his final score being some sixty points above 2nd place Jason Brown and his total score just shy of 320.  The kid is really coming on strong and doing so by showing the same kind of dominance in the events he skates as Yuzu does when he's really on.  Yuzu, though, I feel is ready for Shoma.  He's finished over Shoma in every event they've competed in over the years as far as I know and I have a feeling that he really wants to defeat Shoma and continue being the dominant skater in Japan.  So I'm not panicking over the coming showdowns with Shoma.  They will prove riveting though because Shoma is showing himself with every competition he's in to be the one skater out there showing all the signs of being a 'complete' skater, an attribute which explains why Yuzu should be worried as no other skater, with the exception of Patrick Chan,  gets the high PCS numbers like Yuzu routinely receives.

8 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Results from Skate Canada and significant implications for Yuzu at the NHK.  Those who were worried about Patrick Chan should relax somewhat.  He came in fourth and combine this with what happens next at the NHK, should he do as bad there as he did at home, he might not even be in the GPF.  The real story is with Shoma, who took the gold, and this should be disturbing, Shoma won by some forty points over 2nd place Jason Brown.  That's like some of Yuzu's big wins.  I said in an earlier post that I considered Shoma as the major threat to Yuzu's Olympic success and I stand by that opinion.  We'll finally see Shoma and Yuzu go head-to-head at the GPF and also again shortly later in the Japanese Nationals.  Because of Shoma's success so far this season and the fact that he was the silver medalist at World's last March, I would expect the men's event in the Japanese Nationals to be the one with the most international interest of all the various national competitions.  I watched Shoma's short program at SC on YouTube and I can say he was totally in charge.  He broke one hundred on the SP score and nearly topped two hundred on the FP with his combined just north of 300.  In the Lombardia Trophy that began Shoma's season he cleaned up big time, with his final score being some sixty points above 2nd place Jason Brown and his total score just shy of 320.  The kid is really coming on strong and doing so by showing the same kind of dominance in the events he skates as Yuzu does when he's really on.  Yuzu, though, I feel is ready for Shoma.  He's finished over Shoma in every event they've competed in over the years as far as I know and I have a feeling that he really wants to defeat Shoma and continue being the dominant skater in Japan.  So I'm not panicking over the coming showdowns with Shoma.  They will prove riveting though because Shoma is showing himself with every competition he's in to be the one skater out there showing all the signs of being a 'complete' skater, an attribute which explains why Yuzu should be worried as no other skater, with the exception of Patrick Chan,  gets the high PCS numbers like Yuzu routinely receives.

Yuzuru shouldn't really only focus on one skater, all top six skaters are very capable and also capable of making mistakes. Even Shoma can mess up when the time comes, same with Yuzu. Also, a clean Yuzu is still pretty high scoring so I say his victory is more dependent on himself than anyone else. So yes, GPF will be an exciting fight but also an unpredictable one between the six (hopefully Patrick can participate but I don't want him to push himself before the Olympics so we'll see). 

Is it just me, or does it feel like the quadsters are going to peak too early for PC...

Like looking at where Nathan and Shoma are at, it feels like Nathan will peak at Nationals and Shoma at GPF?  I don't know, it worries me when people start the season too strong in the first half.  That's why I'm not all that concerned about Yuzu atm, because when he peaks he is unbeatable.  Depending on how he does at NHK and GPF, as long as he gradually gets better, he will be fine.  To be honest, I don't expect him to peak for awhile especially with the lutz in his arsenal.

Boyang tho, he seems to know when its the right time to peak...

15 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

Is it just me, or does it feel like the quadsters are going to peak too early for PC...

Like looking at where Nathan and Shoma are at, it feels like Nathan will peak at Nationals and Shoma at GPF?  I don't know, it worries me when people start the season too strong in the first half.  That's why I'm not all that concerned about Yuzu atm, because when he peaks he is unbeatable.  Depending on how he does at NHK and GPF, as long as he gradually gets better, he will be fine.  To be honest, I don't expect him to peak for awhile especially with the lutz in his arsenal.

Honestly I'll worry so much if yuzu is going to peak too early. So, the SP WR at ACI was something unusual and I was surprised, but then we got 'bombed' seimei... Yuzu is super consistent:xD: 

I'll prefer him make a progress, and gets better by Olympic. 

Oh yes Boyang, don't ever underestimate him. He could sneak up and takes the medal! Why did everyone always forgetting him? 

12 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

I think it's hard for athletes to change their peaking cycle.

Yuzuru's has 6 straight silvers at his first gp.

It wouldn't be surprising if the 4 continents podium is the Olympics Podium and Boyang gets a third World Bronze. 

I'm rooting for Boyang's or Kolyada's Quad Lutz helping them make the podium at Olympics though!

2 minutes ago, moonkat said:

I think it's hard  for athletes to change their peaking cycle.

Yuzuru's has 6 straight silvers at his first gp.

It wouldn't be surprising if the 4 continents podium is the Olympics Podium and Boyang gets a third World Bronze. 

I'm rooting for Boyang's or Kolyada's Quad Lutz helping them make the podium at Olympics.

Hmm, actually more akin to worlds this year for Yuzu, because he will probably go to Nationals, which he missed last year due to flu. So given the rest cycle, this year's Oly is more akin to last year world's in the timeline of competitions for him (unless he goes to 4CC which I doubt since Team Japan probably has Olympic team building events).  And it's highly possible for Boyang to sneak onto the podium at Olys (he's mentioned that he wants to get a medal for Chinese men's), people tend to forget he's not adding quads in order to skate clean, a very cautious skater, and he tends to skate fairly clean at the big events where it matters. He seems to enjoy skating for the sake of skating (similar to Yuzu), and is less focused on the competition with others and more on what he himself can do. 

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hmm, actually more akin to worlds this year for Yuzu, because he will probably go to Nationals, which he missed last year due to flu. So given the rest cycle, this year's Oly is more akin to last year world's in the timeline of competitions for him (unless he goes to 4CC which I doubt since Team Japan probably has Olympic team building events).  And it's highly possible for Boyang to sneak onto the podium at Olys (he's mentioned that he wants to get a medal for Chinese men's), people tend to forget he's not adding quads in order to skate clean, a very cautious skater, and he tends to skate fairly clean at the big events where it matters. He seems to enjoy skating for the sake of skating (similar to Yuzu), and is less focused on the competition with others and more on what he himself can do. 

Right, Yuzu will probably peak later this season. It would be ideal if he is almost clean at the grand prix final and wins. Then goes clean at individual events at the Olympics. I actually think the podium will be Yuzu, Nathan, and Boyang because they have been able to land 4 quads in the free and have good technique, which helps with landing under pressure. 

Just now, moonkat said:

Right, Yuzu will probably peak later this season. It would be ideal if he is almost clean at the grand prix final and wins. Then goes clean at individual events at the Olympics. I actually think the podium will be Yuzu, Nathan, and Boyang, because they have been able to land 4 quads in the free and have good technique, which helps with landing under pressure. 

I'm keeping my podium stuff silent for now, though I've told someone before.  Anyways, I want to see how Javi does this season, because so far that uncle shows no signs of backing down yet. 

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I still remember the last time they pushed a Japanese man against Yuzuru. I don’t bother repeating how it happened. 

Everything depends on Yuzuru himself. Judges want to support cheated technique as much as they can, but there is only so much they can do. 

My friend gave a person who knows nothing of skating the top guys videos (their best performances) and that lady replies Yuzuru has the best jumps, performances overall.

if casual viewers can tell that right away, ISU would be nuts to believe otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, meoima said:

I still remember the last time they push a Japanese man against Yuzuru. I don’t bother repeating how it happened. 

Everything depends on Yuzuru himself. Judges want to support cheated technique as much as they can, but there is only so much they can do. 

My friend gave a person who knows nothing of skating the top guys videos (their best performances) and that lady replies Yuzuru has the best jumps, performances overall.

if casual viewers can tell that right away, ISU would be nuts to believe otherwise. 

I also showed my lil brother (he's 10 years old) the videos of yuzu skating and some of the top men. He knows nothing about figure skating but he told me that yuzu is the best among them all. He said his jump is awesome. He likes yuzu's Chopin the most. And he said yuzu is pretty after I showed him Notte stellata. He asked if yuzu is a girl? Why he wears pretty costume? :rofl: