General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Xen said:

you are kidding, right? o_O So Japan will basically be represented by the 48s?

From Wikipedia

On March 17, 2014 it was announced that Akimoto was named a member of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Committee and was put in charge of producing the opening ceremony along with photographer Mika Ninagawa who has previously produced music videos for AKB48, including 2010's Heavy Rotation and 2013's Sayonara Crawl.[7] A petition against his appointment has been created due his representing the "decline" of the Japanese entertainment industry, with 11,000 signatures as of March 23.[8]

Well, sometimes you can't love a skater even if you know they're the best. I was that way with Plushenko. He just wasn't my style. But the naysayers are missing out on a golden age!

Specifically in a USA context, I think it's good for Yuzu to be admired for his looks. Because there is the stereotype that Asian men are not found attractive by other races here. And I'm happy to see that changing.

2 hours ago, Xen said:

I find it amusing he's calling Boyang by his nickname "Tian Tian." You usually don't do that in China unless you're pretty close. Now to see him cheer on Cha Junhwa in Korean. :laughing:

I didn't know Boyang's nickname is "Tian tian". I thought Yuzu was telling Boyang to jiayou everyday. XD

Yuzu's pronunciation of "jiayou" is really good. It's a pity he doesn't have much interest in languages in general because he has a natural flare to reproduce the sounds of different languages.

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

Here's a clip of him singing (I like his voice. It's always so much deeper in Japanese than when he's speaking any other language) ( : 

http://kognitive-impairment.tumblr.com/post/161506946259/after-seeing-so-many-videos-of-yuzuru-lip-syncing

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

At 2:56 (when they cut to Yuzu), I think the male voice that becomes louder/more apparent is his

Thanks for sharing! This is the first time I've seen this clip and it's already my favorite version of "Hana wa Saku"! 

I felt that it was his voice as well, but I can't be 100% sure. Yuzu, the organizers gave you one microphone to yourself, why can't you hold it closer to your mouth? :sorrow:

On this topic, Yuzu did sing in this commercial right? That's his voice right? (please say yes...:10636614:)

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

They called him an alien... to his face... :rofl:

Well, he is an alien from a planet known as Planet Hanyu! :satellite:

23 minutes ago, beki said:

Specifically in a USA context, I think it's good for Yuzu to be admired for his looks. Because there is the stereotype that Asian men are not found attractive by other races here. And I'm happy to see that changing.

(Unfortunately it's the same in Australia. I can't understand it.)

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

(Unfortunately it's the same in Australia. I can't understand it.)

Living in asia now, I don't think the average asian guy is that good looking, but then again on average men aren't that good looking either. Women are still the fairer sex....

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I THINK I FOUND IT.

"itsuka tadoritsuku darou" I am PRETTY sure he sings there. It doesn't sound quite like the original version: @ 2:40

Me too! I was about to post this here!

Here's the original version:

Vs

I think just like how the kids got one "la la la" and a verse, Yuzu probably got a "la la la" and a verse too! You can hear in the commercial that there were 2 voices singing that line, unlike the original!

I want to hear more of Yuzu's singing!

Hace 2 horas, kaerb said:

A shot of the ACI banners (including PH!) -- I'm guessing some of these were what Yuzu was reading at the end of the medal ceremony in the fan account posted awhile ago? The Twitter poster says that she didn't bring such larger banners herself so she was touched by the love and warm wishes shown by the fans. 

I can see my banner there! Yes, he was reading the banners at the end of VC. I checked my videos and I think I captured this moment, will upload ASAP.

10 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

Me too! I was about to post this here!

Here's the original version:

Vs

I think just like how the kids got one "la la la" and a verse, Yuzu probably got a "la la la" and a verse too! You can hear in the commercial that there were 2 voices singing that line, unlike the original!

I want to hear more of Yuzu's singing!

Omg we're like private investigators :rofl:THE CASE OF YUZURU HANYU'S TRUE VOCALS!!! 

11 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

That video is a cover tho, the link i posted is the original version :slinkaway:

Thanks for pointing it out! I think the youtube one is not a cover, but the original version tuned to be at a higher pitch to avoid copyright issues. It sounds too professional to be a cover (a guy with 1m views did a really good cover though).

It's annoying because many of my favorite Japanese songs suffer the same fate of being tuned to a higher pitch on youtube. 

But I'm glad we came to the same conclusion of where Yuzu's vocals are independently! XD

31 minutes ago, Xen said:

Living in asia now, I don't think the average asian guy is that good looking, but then again on average men aren't that good looking either. Women are still the fairer sex....

Well, we have more help. :P

At least you’re not bombarded with revolting giant beards everywhere you go. :13877886: