General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I wonder if Yuzu is afraid of ghosts...

Would he just turn into Seimei and banish them??

Wasn't he wearing Seimei costume when he tripped and fell and wailed about how scary it was? So I think it would depend on whether he was on the ice with skates on. Then he might turn into Seimei and banish them. Otherwise... Well, he might turn to Pooh and ask him to banish them.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Wasn't he wearing Seimei costume when he tripped and fell and wailed about how scary it was? So I think it would depend on whether he was on the ice with skates on. Then he might turn into Seimei and banish them. Otherwise... Well, he might turn to Pooh and ask him to banish them.

And Pooh, being the useful bear he is, would probably hiss and the ghosts would flee...

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Mhm, I don't really know either. xD I guess I got the impression that people sometimes like to paint him as this delicate thing that needs all kinds of protection and special treatment to perform his best when I think any special treatment he needs he and his team handle it privately on their own. He maybe brings air purifier and such along with him as counter measure but I don't think he makes external authorities go to lengths such as giving him his own special room right from the get-go (or that they offered without him having to ask first since these kind of things usually have to go through a bureaucracy process first) during events like the Olys where athletes are assigned their places in bulk because that seems a bit...much...for an athlete. Him and his team just handling things on their own just seem much more plausible to me because that is actually evident in most of the backstage coverage I ever saw. Not that other thing.

I don't like the Yuzu=delicate flower narrative either. He's possibly stronger than all of us put together. But I also want to be... balanced, I guess? Not overdramatize his health issues - or injuries in other contexts - but not treat them like they're no big deal, either - like he always tries to make it seem - and rather acknowledge them and move along. Not sure I manage to, but that's the intention.

Normally, I agree with you, I'm sure that's how they do it and I doubt he would ever complain. And I hope that was the case at Olys, too. But there have been rumors about the conditions at Sochi being really bad - as in out of the ordinary bad - and if that was in a way that would be potentially triggering, then it'd make sense for me that JSF would make an effort to get him somewhere better - kicking and screaming if need be, considering he was still a potential medalist (if it was before; if after, even more, as he'd instantly become a national treasure).

Of course, that's a lot of ifs. My point is really just that it's not impossible for things to have happened like that, although I guess it is unlikely. We know in fact too little to jump to any conclusions. I just don't like dismissing any option, I guess ^_^;

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

That was at Sochi and I think he was wearing UA and it was after practice. Just for the record :snpeace:

23 分ぐらい, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

I don't like the Yuzu=delicate flower narrative either. He's possibly stronger than all of us put together. But I also want to be... balanced, I guess? Not overdramatize his health issues - or injuries in other contexts - but not treat them like they're no big deal, either - like he always tries to make it seem - and rather acknowledge them and move along. Not sure I manage to, but that's the intention.

Normally, I agree with you, I'm sure that's how they do it and I doubt he would ever complain. And I hope that was the case at Olys, too. But there have been rumors about the conditions at Sochi being really bad - as in out of the ordinary bad - and if that was in a way that would be potentially triggering, then it'd make sense for me that JSF would make an effort to get him somewhere better - kicking and screaming if need be, considering he was still a potential medalist (if it was before; if after, even more, as he'd instantly become a national treasure).

Of course, that's a lot of ifs. My point is really just that it's not impossible for things to have happened like that, although I guess it is unlikely. We know in fact too little to jump to any conclusions. I just don't like dismissing any option, I guess ^_^;

Oh yeah. There we go. I may also have gotten slightly worked up that people kept insisting he may have been kept in a special room like some special exhibit when he already stated officially that he was staying at the Village, at least for most of the time he was there.

I also don't get the impression that JSF or any sports feds for the matter, babysit their athletes like that, no matter how high potential. Especially when they are not already superstars. Yet. Some privileges may be given after so I can't say for sure they aren't offering any to Hanyu now but I highly doubt that they practiced the gesture on him back then. He was high potential and they had high hopes but it didn't seem to me like they seriously thought he would win. Now, he's a grown up and has proven that he can handle his own affairs just fine so I'm doubtful they'd offer him babysitting services if he doesn't ask. Seems kind of insulting somehow. But who knows, maybe they will but it'd be more a privilege sort of thing that they offer out of goodwill, I think, rather than a you-have-no-choice-but-to-let-us-protect-you sort of deal. Like, can you even imagine it? I know I can't. He'd eat them alive.

But I guess if that theory you have about his accomodation back in Sochi is one you like to harbor, then it's your prerogative to and  I can't exactly stop you. ^.^; It *does* make for an entertaining image. xD

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Would he though?

Would he?

It would be a mean but funny prank, though. I bet Nobu would be up for it.

Maybe Yuzu would be happy that Pooh can talk/hiss...

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Honestly, I don't like that either. Yuzu is strong. He doesn't have to be protected, he can take many things and he has shown us that he is a man now.

When he was smaller he needed a bit more of protection but now... I don't think so