General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

If the rooms were dusty or dirty or so, they might have worried it'd trigger his asthma and what federation would want to risk that with a top athlete? It's entirely plausible. Also, people don't generally avoid everything that can hurt them, or else we'd all sit around in padded rooms, wearing bubblewrap. However, avoiding potentially triggering things that CAN be avoided at a crucial time like the Olympics makes sense. 

I agree. I think JSF do the best they can't to avoid these thing in that very important moment.

1 minute ago, SSS said:

What just happened...You all made me curious....

BTW, since we are talking about room...It always reminds me of the story that Yuzu was scared of thunder and went to staff’s room to occupy half of the bed...

What is this story? I don't know this story.

Yuzu would NOT do well with a haunting, would he?

Random question about physicals since they're athletes they do testing regularly and also physical checkups, wondering do they not take height at these physical checkups? Here in America even when we do the routine ones they take height and weight. Just seems like Yuzu and co don't seem to really know what his height is. Or maybe they just didn't care about it for years.

Edit: Do they do testing at all comps? Novice, junior, and senior level? Just wondering if anybody knew.

32 分ぐらい, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

I don't think the separate room would be the point in preventing attacks, but rather the conditions of the rooms. I don't have asthma, but my father does and certain types of dust are very bad for him, even though he doesn't get outright attacks. If the rooms were dusty or dirty or so, they might have worried it'd trigger his asthma and what federation would want to risk that with a top athlete? It's entirely plausible. Also, people don't generally avoid everything that can hurt them, or else we'd all sit around in padded rooms, wearing bubblewrap. However, avoiding potentially triggering things that CAN be avoided at a crucial time like the Olympics makes sense. Like, you don't eat something that you know usually doesn't agree with you before a big exam. Even though normally you wouldn't really bother avoiding it, because it's not that bad.

However, we don't know if this happened and we might never will, because it's not something Yuzu would probably like talking about. So, I'm not entirely sure what we're arguing about. ^_^;

Mmh, you know what? I don't really know either. xD I guess I got the impression that people sometimes like to paint him as this delicate thing that needs all kinds of protection and special treatment to perform his best when I think any special treatment he needs he and his team handle it privately on their own. He maybe brings air purifier and such along with him as counter measure but I don't think he makes external authorities go to lengths such as giving him his own special room right from the get-go (or that they offered without him having to ask first since these kinds of things usually have to go through a bureaucracy process first) during events like the Olys where athletes are assigned their places in bulk because that seems a bit...much...for an athlete. Him and his team handling things on their own just seem much more plausible to me because that is actually evident in most of the event backstage coverage I've ever seen and read. Not that other thing.