General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

Yes, it's from Brian's interview on Baseball Magazine.

I thought it's already been translated into English, but obviously not yet?

(We Japanese fans all talked about it on internet when the magazine published.)

There is so much content there so it must be difficult for all of them to be translated.

It took like one hour and half for me to read through it.

Anyway, Brian talked thus but Yuzu seemed to decide his plan without telling Brian

because Yuzu's interview was after Brian's talking to media.

I would say it's not that Yuzuru decided without telling Brian. Because Brian didn't tell the media Yuzuru would do this or that. Brian simply said Yuzuru tested out something (which is normal for top skaters, even Kwan tried 3A in practice years ago) and that the final decision is Yuzuru's only. So Brian doesn't tell the media Yuzuru's plan. And Yuzuru also doesn't tell the media his whole plan yet. 

4 minutes ago, meoima said:

Yeah I am banned from GS so I didn't know about that. Apparently I have no doubt about 4lz. But 4A is a different story. From Ambesi, we already knew Yuzuru did land the 4A in practice anyway. It's just I am quite surprised that Orser mentioned both 4Lz and 4A to a Japanese magazine.

However, reading the original quotes from Yude, I can see that it's just some testing out. We have known all skaters train crazy things in practice so it's not something of a big deal. 

I do wonder why mention the 4A if it was just meaningless fooling around, though. The 4Lz, yes, but 4A? Then again, I guess it depends on what he was asked.

And I also doubt Yuzu would announce his layout to the press without telling Brian. Rather Brian is probably more forthcoming than Yuzu. Yuzu gave the press the layout he was planning at that point - or maybe the layout he was planning to practice - while leaving out the 'things may very well change by the first competition' part. Brian probably knows Yuzu's likely to add some more stuff, so...

It is big to hear Brian mention the 4A but all in all it's not exactly new news that Yuzu is training those jumps. 

I would still take it with a grain of salt bc that magazine must have translated Brian's words and who knows what nuances got lost in translation. 

Also.. 4Lz is cool but no 4A yet pls. Not this season. 

16 minutes ago, robin said:

It is big to hear Brian mention the 4A but all in all it's not exactly new news that Yuzu is training those jumps. 

I would still take it with a grain of salt bc that magazine must have translated Brian's words and who knows what nuances got lost in translation. 

Also.. 4Lz is cool but no 4A yet pls. Not this season. 

This season is a bit too new for a 4A, he's likely to use that as a secret weapon after they reduce the jumping passes. But yeah, it'd be more surprising if we hear news of Yuzu saying "I have a fairly stable 4 Flip now."  But if he does have a 4A then, it's not too far from a 5T...I mean a 5T is about 4.5 rotations in the air, less than that even since you do pivot a bit over 90 degrees on ice....okay, I'll go now before people faint....

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

This season is a bit too new for a 4A, he's likely to use that as a secret weapon after they reduce the jumping passes. But yeah, it'd be more surprising if we hear news of Yuzu saying "I have a fairly stable 4 Flip now."  But if he does have a 4A then, it's not too far from a 5T...I mean a 5T is about 4.5 rotations in the air, less than that even since you do pivot a bit over 90 degrees on ice....okay, I'll go now before people faint....

"before people faint" you wise person you :sadPooh: idk with you guys but seeing "yuzu" and "4A" or "quad axel" in the same sentence stresses me out. probably bc of the risks included in executing the 4A.

15 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'm just laughing at Brian's attitude nowadays. He's just :knc_brian1: about it all. Sure, Yuzu has been practicing all sorts of jumps in the off season, including a 4A. No biggie. 

Well he has to...otherwise the hair will go even faster. It's a coping mechanism.

12 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy said:

"before people faint" you wise person you :sadPooh: idk with you guys but seeing "yuzu" and "4A" or "quad axel" in the same sentence stresses me out. probably bc of the risks included in executing the 4A.

The real quints start with the flip, because there's a pivot/prerotation on ice for all the other jumps. Granted there is a bit of a pivot too for the flip, but not quite as much as the other jumps to really reduce the in-air rotations closer to a 4A. Also I imagine if he really does go for them, his team would make him use a harness at the start until his air alignment is good. I trust in Yuzu's air-alignment, even when he misses a landing, his landings don't seem to be the type that's due to mis-alignment. Over-rotation or underrotation more likely. That's probably also why he pops jumps though- he doesn't really muscle through his jumps, and is very fastidious about his alignment when taking off, so he needs to worry less when he's in air.

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

But if he does have a 4A then, it's not too far from a 5T...I mean a 5T is about 4.5 rotations in the air, less than that even since you do pivot a bit over 90 degrees on ice....okay, I'll go now before people faint....

No BV assigned for a quint and I expect that the 4A is going to be a big thing even for Yuzuru to master well enough to put it into competition. Also with the current talk of even considering lowering the BV of quads, I think the ISU is going to be really reluctant to go there so while some may try them in practice (they have been, since the times of Plushenko so that's hardly new) I don't think it'll happen soon. There is also a lot of talk about how quads may influence health, imagine if we added quints to that so another thing to make ISU drag their feet. I am actually pleased about that because even with equipment advances, there is a limit to how much a human can do safely. 

Anyway, no 4A this season, I am sure of it. Even if he is Yuzuru, as I said, it'd take time for him to get that going consistently enough for an actual competition, never mind that we know he is working on a new quad anyway, the Lz. 

Yeah, no 4A this year. He would have tried it in public somewhere if it was worth showing... like he has the 4lutz. 

I really have my doubts about quints. Yes, only 1 more rotation, but that person would have to be skinnier than yuzu or boyang, and get higher lift... possible but doubtful...