General Yuzuru Chat

Commentary on gladi's translated article:

SEIMEI uses music from Onmyoji, a movie set in the Heian period. Last season’s free skate, Hope & Legacy, was also said to have been chosen due to [Hanyu’s] desire to “go wa style” (t/n - Wa is Japan, Japanese-style. But also harmony, peace, soften). Why is Hanyu insistent upon “programs of wa”?

... According to Hanyu, he and “programs of wa” are on the same wavelength.

I love that he's found his strength in something Japanese because we all know how much he loves Japan. Yes, Hope and Legacy was a more subtle approach then Seimei and didn't get the same reception but I do believe that his Worlds '17 performance will be looked upon as one of the greatest FS performance in the history of this sport. This is also how you try further a sport that is sometimes very much stuck in it's western standard ways and how you break away from norms like warhorses and tangos - and he seems to be the only one in a position to do that right now.

"It’s not about being able to land a jump or not, rather, it’s most important to jump beautifully. In that sense, I want to keep refining the quality of my jumps. There is still some way to go in terms of stability, and amongst everything, that is my biggest shortcoming on my mind––How much, to what degree, can I crush and obliterate that weakness? I think that’s the most critical this season.”

This boy just leaves me in awe.. :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It's old, the skateguards are the green and purple ones :P

I had a feeling I've seen it, but couldn't pin point a picture immediately in my head what a looser lmao, gives us a new topic to talk abt tho :13877886:Yuzuru and children is so wonderful and wholesome I cri

5 hours ago, MrPudding said:

HAHAHAHAHA I had to read the comments to understand what was I supposed to look

Also, this photo from the article gladi just translated:

tumblr_inline_ovohkfjieZ1ue4po9_500.jpg

Amazing. Amazing. He is already deep within character. Or better, he is his own Seimei. 

6 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

HAHAHAHAHA I had to read the comments to understand what was I supposed to look

Amazing. Amazing. He is already deep within character. Or better, he is his own Seimei. 

Wow---love this photo, in character and so intense:BeatingHeart:. Black and red being my favorite combo doesn't hurt either---now really hoping for a dark Seimei costume with major red accents!

49 минут назад, Murieleirum сказал:

Yeah, the gaze that leaves you glued to your seat holding your breath and don't dare to look away even for a second :10742290:

I'm also in love with this one - Yuzu and Brian such a great team :sadPooh:

tumblr_inline_ovohvt1RvR1ue4po9_500.jpg