General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I love how you link this to the pandemic and our feelings about it - I also had tickets for Worlds and such a good feeling about the possibility of him winning another championship - Covid really affected the end of Yuzu's competitive life, and our ability to see him compete....but the world seems just a little brighter now, despite the many many problems that continue....I felt myself breathe out too as I read your post!!

Covid prematurely ended Pooh Rain. I am still sad we wont get to see it again. 

Can't there be one at an ice show? Like right at end of the show. I can volunteer to pick them up after that. Yuzu doesn't have to hire flowergirls. I will learn to ice skate for that... 

@ZuCritter @Pammi

Seeing Yuzu outside of Japan indicates another huge step, with regards to Yuzu's concerns about his health and appropriate COVID precautions for someone with asthma and a disease known to impact respiratory health long term, especially someone who relies on peak physical fitness for their life and livelihood.

Yuzu clearly travelled a great deal during his competitive career. Yuzu turning professional and being unable to leave Japan because of COVID travel restrictions and fans being unable to attend Prologue for the same reasons was something that pretty much the entire international fan base felt very melancholy about. 

Japan opened up and international fans were able to attend Gift, Notte Stellata and SOI. The ticket lottery is still prohibitive though. 

Clearly nothing can ever be certain, but many international fans must all be thinking along similar lines, just from twt posts. Could there be the tiniest glimmer of potential that Yuzu might consider performing somewhere outside of Japan and then comes the faint flicker of hope that there might be the smallest possibility to buy a ticket. Hope nourishes our spirits and makes us all feel that today is a very good day 

9 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Can't there be one at an ice show? Like right at end of the show. I can volunteer to pick them up after that. Yuzu doesn't have to hire flowergirls. I will learn to ice skate for that... 

Me too, I volunteer to try to skate or I can get a grabby stick and just pick up the ones close to the edge of the rink

55 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Count me in🤪

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

I love how you link this to the pandemic and our feelings about it - I also had tickets for Worlds and such a good feeling about the possibility of him winning another championship - Covid really affected the end of Yuzu's competitive life, and our ability to see him compete....but the world seems just a little brighter now, despite the many many problems that continue....I felt myself breathe out too as I read your post!!

I agree it was cruel how Covid stole years with competitions from us where we could see Yuzu performing live. But he made the most of it during the pandemic: being with his family, finished his thesis with an excellent topic and who knows what else he was up to, I am waiting for Aoi Hono IV to reveal the rest.:emot-11tea:

Let's look ahead into a hopefully bright future: As long as he continues his skating, we still have a chance to see a happy, healthy, dancing, singing, acting and/or skating Yuzu :animated-smileys-angels-151:

Next question: who will appear next time at the rink side as his companion: YuzuPooh or old man Pooh-san?

@yumeaki@Perelandra@LAY I'm number 4! :peace2:

I'm ready to freeze my feet (because it would take us beginners an eternity I guess). But I'm sure everyone would want to help to collect the Poohs, to count them - at least once they should be counted by hand! -, put them into bags, take pictures of them and drive them to wherever children can be made happy. :Poohgaveup::dpooh:

Only two requests to Yuzu: not to leave the rink while we collect the plushes - okay, I admit that would slow down the whole procedure even more - and to set up his cameras on the ice before Pooh rain.

19 minutes ago, DancingFeather said:

@yumeaki@Perelandra@LAY I'm number 4! :peace2:

I'm ready to freeze my feet (because it would take us beginners an eternity I guess). But I'm sure everyone would want to help to collect the Poohs, to count them - at least once they should be counted by hand! -, put them into bags, take pictures of them and drive them to wherever children can be made happy. :Poohgaveup::dpooh:

Only two requests to Yuzu: not to leave the rink while we collect the plushes - okay, I admit that would slow down the whole procedure even more - and to set up his cameras on the ice before Pooh rain.

Lol, I volunteer and will take the opportunity to step back on the ice for the first time in about 4-5 years. I can still zoom around the ice rink, for sure,  picking up Poohs is a bonus

57 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

Lol, I volunteer and will take the opportunity to step back on the ice for the first time in about 4-5 years. I can still zoom around the ice rink, for sure,  picking up Poohs is a bonus

You zoom around I'll hold a basket and you can push them to the edge and i'll pick up, that's if I can concentrate long enough to peel my eyes away from Yuzu, between collecting Pooh's :puddingpooh:

33 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

You zoom around I'll hold a basket and you can push them to the edge and i'll pick up, that's if I can concentrate long enough to peel my eyes away from Yuzu, between collecting Pooh's :puddingpooh:

From 0:50 - I'd expect him to help like this....those little girls and boys behaved a lot better around him than us big boys and girls would manage I feel!!!

19 minutes ago, Pammi said:

From 0:50 - I'd expect him to help like this....those little girls and boys behaved a lot better around him than us big boys and girls would manage I feel!!!

In the interests of science it would also be important to conduct tests to check whether people's sense of smell was at optimal functioning - in order to to verify whether indeed Yuzu smells of chocolate and citrus, as reported by flower children at CoR. Thinking something similar to chocolate dipped spiced candied orange peel

15 hours ago, Elly said:

[NEWS]

Makuhari last day will be broadcast on May 28! :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Cool! I hope we somehow manage to get a lot more recordings too, I got spoiled by all the Notte Stellata and SOI videos.

Also, I know this graphic is kind of hilarious anyway, but do the FAOI design team/producers know that female athletes exist and are performing in their shows? Even knowing that I am mostly tuning in for Yuzuru, I will also be looking forward to Kaori and Satoko too, how is even the world champion not on their banner? They had only men last year too, it's weird.

30 minutes ago, Lilly88 said:

That's true. No female skaters or pairs on the banners, instead all male single skaters, some of them with a feminine look (Nobu's and Stephane's outfit from my first glance). Don't get me wrong, I love to have Yuzu in the center same as last time, but a few others could also create a good mix. 

Yeah. Yuzu is the biggest name in any ice show cast almost anywhere nowadays so the fact that he's front and center is a marketing absolute, and I'm not even being biased here lol. But I refuse to believe that all the rest of the men are exponentially more popular than all of the women, including Kaori and Satoko, or that they couldn't add in more faces instead if they just couldn't bear to leave out any of the other men. There was some ice skating magazine I saw recently too that had a coverage of Worlds with the double Worlds champion, Kaori, or the first Japanese Pairs world champions, nowhere on the cover. Very unfortunate. Japan is doing great in women's and pairs now, there should be more recognition of that.

13 hours ago, MareikeLike said:

I'm new to being active and not only a lurker on PH.. how do you know that? I don't mean to pry :animated-smileys-hello-22:

I have the privilege of knowing Brian and Ghislain, so I asked Brian.

If you’re interested, you can read my earlier posts regarding the 2017, 2018 and 2019 ACIs as well as the 2019 Skate Canada International in Kelowna.

My post regarding the 2019 ACI in Oakville also includes a visit to the TCC and meeting Yuzu.

My post regarding the 2019 Skate Canada International also references spending time with Brian and Ghislain.

All of the posts are in the Yuzuru Hanyu General Chat section.

2017 ACI in Montréal (November 22, 2022 at page 7603)

https://planethanyu.com/topic/1145-general-yuzuru-chat/page/7603/

2018 ACI in Oakville (November 23, 2022 at page 7604)

https://planethanyu.com/topic/1145-general-yuzuru-chat/page/7604/

2019 ACI in Oakville (November 25, 2022 at page 7608)

https://planethanyu.com/topic/1145-general-yuzuru-chat/page/7608/

2019 Skate Canada International in Kelowna (January 24, 2023 at page 7718)

https://planethanyu.com/topic/1145-general-yuzuru-chat/page/7718/#comment-548772

8 hours ago, yuzu4Aver said:

@Geo1will tracy and Ghislain Briand also come back and meet Yuzu then? would really love to see a full reunion!

I am sure the Tracy will be meeting Yuzu if she has not already done so since she and Brian are the mainstays of the TCC.

Ghislain is no longer with the TCC. I understand that his home rink is the Mariposa Skating Club in his hometown of Barrie, Ontario. He spends a lot of his time outside the country working with Stephane Lambiel in Switzerland and Mie Hamada in Japan.

I, too, would love to push back time and see the team of Yuzu, Brian, Ghislain and Tracy together for a reunion, but I have my doubts that Ghislain will be there. If he is, that would be great.