General Yuzuru Chat

Remembering Yuzu's third wonderful video and Miya-kun's cover, I thought that another type of collaboration that Yuzu could do is a music video. You know that there are music videos that are true works of visual art, so I thought it could be an interesting project in terms of artistic collaboration. A good song plus a good director could do wonders for Yuzu.

I also remembered when I told you about the museum in my city that has an immersive virtual reality experience. The way Yuzu shot the video made me think about it. I can almost see it come true, Yuzu doing his hydroblade (actually an entire progam) around you with the sound of the skates in your ears... Yes, I see it...:10636614:

2 hours ago, Anabel said:

Remembering Yuzu's third wonderful video and Miya-kun's cover, I thought that another type of collaboration that Yuzu could do is a music video. You know that there are music videos that are true works of visual art, so I thought it could be an interesting project in terms of artistic collaboration. A good song plus a good director could do wonders for Yuzu.

I also remembered when I told you about the museum in my city that has an immersive virtual reality experience. The way Yuzu shot the video made me think about it. I can almost see it come true, Yuzu doing his hydroblade (actually an entire progam) around you with the sound of the skates in your ears... Yes, I see it...:10636614:

There are Klimt and Van Gogh Immersive exhibitions on tour currently in London and we have also seen AR Yuzu that customers of Sekkisei have been able to download.

It would be the next vest thing to real life Yuzu show to have a 360 immersive experience Ice show. 

Like the Emergency Medical Hologram from Star Trek Voyager, the Yuzu avatar could appear and make the statement, "Please state the nature of your skating programme request"

Would be a amazing if you could choose the programme and scenery and costume, that way people could request dramatic red outfits in 19th Century Opera houses or dark blue in castles, or silvery white on moonlit lakes, imperial purple with a back drop of galaxies and nebulae.. .The possibilities would be bound only by the limits of imagination

10 hours ago, Anabel said:

What if, Yuzu uses Miya horizon cover as the MV that he'll show at Prologue. OMG! Miya has a concert on 5 Nov so he definitely wont be there. But this wishful thinking make myself feel happy. 😆

So no more appearances until Ice Show? He doesn’t need to promote it? :20111123175531c17: Not that I’m asking for more (let me breathe, Yuzu 😅) I’m just faffing around lol. 

Anyway now that the dust has settled until the next meltdown (Aera’s 10/13) I can finally put words into my thought about his latest video.

After countless viewing, my initial thought still hasn’t change. I really like the video. I find the multi camera switching and angle aesthetically pleasing. It doesn’t interrupt my immersion with his performance. I’m usually annoyed by unnecessary camera switching, it detracts from the performance (eg: redemption Rondo, I prefer the single camera view). But watching Change and Dreamy Aspirations, I did not feel like that at all. The whole video feels smooth and flows nicely from start to finish. I honestly like it. I like the details he put in the video, like that little ballet steps matching the music, the use low and front camera effectively (it matches the music, the vibes, the whatever you want to call it), the hair, the costume. Everything is in his calculations lol.

Speaking of hair, I’ve just realised other male skaters doesn’t change their hair by performance right? At least that’s what I found out in my limited knowledge.

11 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

After countless viewing, my initial thought still hasn’t change. I really like the video. I find the multi camera switching and angle aesthetically pleasing. It doesn’t interrupt my immersion with his performance. I’m usually annoyed by unnecessary camera switching, it detracts from the performance (eg: redemption Rondo, I prefer the single camera view). But watching Change and Dreamy Aspirations, I did not feel like that at all. The whole video feels smooth and flows nicely from start to finish. I honestly like it. I like the details he put in the video, like that little ballet steps matching the music, the use low and front camera effectively (it matches the music, the vibes, the whatever you want to call it), the hair, the costume. Everything is in his calculations lol.

Speaking of hair, I’ve just realised other male skaters doesn’t change their hair by performance right? At least that’s what I found out in my limited knowledge.

@gapil27  The videos were amazing in so many ways, particularly Change. Although this isn't the salty thread, I must say that my aged brain prefers less camera changes. I found the video a little "busy". It is great to see various angles like you said, but when you start getting different views superimposed on top of each other, it is hard to see the details. For example, Yuzu did an amazing jump sequence ? (several jumps one after the other) but this part was so hard to see. I would have loved to see those jumps clearly. 

In terms of his hair style, did you notice that Yuzu kept the same hairstyle for his new video as they styled it for the AERA photo shoot?

2 hours ago, gapil27 said:

So no more appearances until Ice Show? He doesn’t need to promote it? :20111123175531c17: Not that I’m asking for more (let me breathe, Yuzu 😅) I’m just faffing around lol. 

Anyway now that the dust has settled until the next meltdown (Aera’s 10/13) I can finally put words into my thought about his latest video.

2 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

@gapil27  The videos were amazing in so many ways, particularly Change. Although this isn't the salty thread, I must say that my aged brain prefers less camera changes. I found the video a little "busy". It is great to see various angles like you said, but when you start getting different views superimposed on top of each other, it is hard to see the details. For example, Yuzu did an amazing jump sequence ? (several jumps one after the other) but this part was so hard to see. I would have loved to see those jumps clearly. 

In terms of his hair style, did you notice that Yuzu kept the same hairstyle for his new video as they styled it for the AERA photo shoot?

@gapil27I don't usually like camera switching either, but it happens to me like an @ImmortalBeloved, sometimes what I see on the screen is too much for my old brain and my old woman's eyesight. But overall, the more I see it the more I like it. As with any performance of Yuzu, in each viewing, as my brain assimilates what it sees, I discover a new detail that feeds again my amazement and love for his skating as well as for his conception of it.

My thoughts on the multiple camera views, just thinking that Yuzu is attempting to reproduce the same sort of view as if the camera was following and the same type of footage as would be seen when splicing divergent camera views similar to comp camera work.

Yuzu is currently working on a nocturnal solo project and he is giving a very personal experience to the viewer. He said himself that he is inviting the viewer to see the environment that he is working in and to be able to experience the sensations of being there.

For most of us this will be the closest we will ever be permitted to be to Yuzu, my personal viewpoint, it's a rare privilege

Not everyone enjoys this kind of camera work, but it's part of Yuzu's artistic journey 

edit: typos

Watching the opening and ending of Carnival on Ice and I realize I miss Yuzu's energy in ice shows. He always gives it his all. It's very easy to notice how he stands out from the rest. 

PS: Not related but retirement really does wonder to Satton. She is a much more engaged, freer performer now.