General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Photo panel

fesbknluaayt8icurito.jpeg

[NEW]

I spotted some new photos.:11135030:

2 hours ago, tsubasanoyume said:

Here are some more from the bookstore.

Ahhhhh how I would like to be  :spacealien:  at SENDAI :girlsigh: to admire ALL these beautiful books live and visit this famous city and Yuzu practices Japanese courtesy and here is a superposition of the "changes" of young Yuzu and that of Yuzu, a 27-year-old man and no difference, except addition of the pistol pose  :2thumbsup: and its YT3 is at 939,399 :peek:views

21 hours ago, Dreamer said:

And the most graceful and fluid arm movements of all these beautiful swans: belongs to Yuzu

:agree: for the flexibility of her arms and here is M Plisetskaya who is one of the rare "prima ballerina assoluta" which is a prestigious title in classical dance  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krj-QsQvYSc   in THE SWAN  :heartpound: and the same theme as Yuzu  :animated-smileys-character-075: and here is a YT on Yuzu's career and that of 2001 is a discovery (with his PLUSH haircut) and will a fanyu more talented than myself be able to find the complete YT of 2001? :thanks:   

Guest Mary_kyo

#throwback

When the jumps are also artistic elements and merged seamlessly within program, they are so satisfying to watch:

Hang this in Louvre. 

On 10/2/2022 at 11:09 PM, Yuzurella said:

Me three! I don't think tango would be ideal for Yuzu. Nor Queen. He has developed such a unique style that his music choices should also be extraordinary, something that only he can skate to and perform and interpret perfectly. :dancingpooh:

Exactly! I also love how he didn't bother to please the judges with his music choice when he was still competing. And now there is no need for it at all anyway. There is so much beautiful Japanese music of different genres worth being heard overseas and Yuzu has already contributed to spreading it several times before. Like he also reminded us in his latest video.

On 10/3/2022 at 2:04 AM, Beatrice said:

I fully agree with all of the above   :yes:   Tango is out of question from my pov.

SEIMEI is one of my top favs and in great part because of its music (I've always liked the sound of East Asian music, from early childhood). I also liked the "eastern" sound that "White Legend" was clad in.

But then I also like LMEY very much, although not primarily bc of the song - but Yuzu's skating is so on point to it, it's great. I don't like the music of LGC nor that of PW, but of course his skating is superb, so I do gladly rewatch PW.

All in all, and imo, Yuzu's elegant artistic skating is most impressive when combined with music of a classical bent, and sth based on traditional Japanese sound would suit him very well indeed. 

Agree - the western music examples you picked have become masterpieces with Yuzu's skating. I'm not against Yuzu using western music. For me, what makes the difference is that we attribute these pieces to Yuzu since they have not become typical figure skating music.

10 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Exactly! I also love how he didn't bother to please the judges with his music choice when he was still competing. And now there is no need for it at all anyway. There is so much beautiful Japanese music of different genres worth being heard overseas and Yuzu has already contributed to spreading it several times before. Like he also reminded us in his latest video.

I agree. I always thought these dreams about Yuzu skating to Tango were a kind of fantasy. These edits with Libertango background to Yuzu skating Seimei are lovely and show how expressive Seimei is as a program & in fact could work to several other music pieces. I think it's ok people have these dreams as we grew up within particular cultural circles where some melodies & rhythms speak to us strongly as we have it in our blood.

But that's also Yuzuru's case when it comes to Japanese music and that's why he feels it so well & knows how to express it. So I am also very curious and very open to his interpretations and impressions of various sorts of Japanese music, looking forward & fully embracing himself in Japanese music and culture and sharing it all with us through his skating. 

8 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Ahhhhh how I would like to be  :spacealien:  at SENDAI :girlsigh: to admire ALL these beautiful books live and visit this famous city and Yuzu practices Japanese courtesy and here is a superposition of the "changes" of young Yuzu and that of Yuzu, a 27-year-old man and no difference, except addition of the pistol pose  :2thumbsup: and its YT3 is at 939,399 :peek:views

Today I was thinking about the version of the young Yuzu full of that adolescent energy vs the current version and I don't know what it is or how to describe it, but the current Yuzu, not only in Change but in both programs, as well as in the Rondo of 24h tv and in the SharePractice , he has something that makes him even more superb, more supreme and makes me wonder "how much more will Hanyu Yuzuru's skating grow and improve??" I can't wait until Prologue is sold out and then (I wish) Yuzu announces the live broadcast :snonegai:

5 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

#throwback

When the jumps are also artistic elements and merged seamlessly within program, they are so satisfying to watch:

Hang this in Louvre. 

Because it's not just a running edge, is a running edge full of musicality :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Yaguchi-san was live on instagram and talked about Yuzu

[NEWS]

"When it comes to taking on a challenge, it is not a happy ending because (things) worked out or a bad ending because they did not. It is more (toward) continuing to challenge something, which will make that person gain strength and power to move forward. Well, just like Hanyu-kun.

:ganba:

18 minutes ago, YuDai said:

Yuzuru received an award (?)

Yes, this is  a prestigious Kan Kikuchi Prize - that honors achievement in all aspects of Japanese literary culture. 

"The Kikuchi Kan Prize (Kikuchi Kan sho) is a literary award first proposed by Kikuchi Kan that recognizes achievement among senior authors and is sponsored by the Association for the Promotion of Japanese Literature. It was first established in 1938 for authors older than age 45. Discontinued six years later, it was revived in 1952 at the death of Kikuchi Kan. The current prize now recognizes achievements in arts and literature as well as film and other genres. The winner receives a table clock and one million yen. Notable recipients include Masamune Hakucho, Inoue Hisashi, Inoue Yasushi, Kaiko Takeshi, and Uno Chiyo."

Source: https://japan_literature.en-academic.com/175/KIKUCHI_KAN_PRIZE

Super proud of Yuzu, CONGRATULATIONS!! :wink_star:

On 10/5/2022 at 1:22 PM, Sombreuil said:

this has seriously cheered me up at a miserable time - I always loved that black chrysanthemum printed costume 

Same here. This video came at the right time for me. We are so blessed to have Yuzu to brighten up our lives. How can we expect to deserve this - a human being who has found out he brings so much joy and peace to thousands of people and therefore keeps providing it. We can’t expect him to dedicate his life to his fans and sometimes I feel guilty but it’s like an anchor, a therapy or medicine, so I can’t let go. Like some others already said: I’m not going anywhere! :heartpound:

54 minutes ago, Sun_Rise7777 said:

Yes, this is  a prestigious Kan Kikuchi Prize - that honors achievement in all aspects of Japanese literary culture. 

"The Kikuchi Kan Prize (Kikuchi Kan sho) is a literary award first proposed by Kikuchi Kan that recognizes achievement among senior authors and is sponsored by the Association for the Promotion of Japanese Literature. It was first established in 1938 for authors older than age 45. Discontinued six years later, it was revived in 1952 at the death of Kikuchi Kan. The current prize now recognizes achievements in arts and literature as well as film and other genres. The winner receives a table clock and one million yen. Notable recipients include Masamune Hakucho, Inoue Hisashi, Inoue Yasushi, Kaiko Takeshi, and Uno Chiyo."

Source: https://japan_literature.en-academic.com/175/KIKUCHI_KAN_PRIZE

Super proud of Yuzu, CONGRATULATIONS!! :wink_star: