General Yuzuru Chat

Hi fellow fanyus, i finally decided to make an account on this forum after almost 2 years of lurking around. I discovered yuzu when he is already a 2 time olympic champion and a GOAT. Gosh how lucky i was back then coz i don't have to face all the pre pyeonchang madness. But now is a different story, this is my first live olympic with him. and i  really don't know how to handle this overwhelming anxiety.( As if i'm the one competing..haha)  so dear veteran fanyu, some tips please. I don't know how everything will turn out but please please please let him have 2 flawless and clean skates for both SP and FP and of course a ratified 4A . Let this olympic be one of his best. As a fan, no matter what happen in the next 4 days, i will keep on supporting and praying for him.  Sorry for the rambling.  Sorry if my english is not that good because it is not my first language. 

hace 42 minutos , Yuzu_legend said:

This article is fun to read! 😂

And it keeps going (article remains the same?! but upgraded header):

hace 5 minutos , Pasta said:

Hi fellow fanyus, i finally decided to make an account on this forum after almost 2 years of lurking around. I discovered yuzu when he is already a 2 time olympic champion and a GOAT. Gosh how lucky i was back then coz i don't have to face all the pre pyeonchang madness. But now is a different story, this is my first live olympic with him. and i  really don't know how to handle this overwhelming anxiety.( As if i'm the one competing..haha)  so dear veteran fanyu, some tips please. I don't know how everything will turn out but please please please let him have 2 flawless and clean skates for both SP and FP and of course a ratified 4A . Let this olympic be one of his best. As a fan, no matter what happen in the next 4 days, i will keep on supporting and praying for him.  Sorry for the rambling.  Sorry if my english is not that good because it is not my first language. 

Welcome to Planet Hanyu! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::7938863:  I hope you’ll enjoy here and it will also make it easier for you to get through the next days together! 🙌🏼🌟:cheer:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
46 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Hiiiii and welcome to the Planet! Your english is just fine!

There's really nothing that can be done about the anxiety! Yuzu is intense and it rubs off 😌 We're collectively suffering at all times 

The only tip I can give you is to keep in mind that results don't matter anymore because scores have stopped having meaning quite some time ago. It's best to be here to witness and enjoy Yuzu's god-level skating and not mind the numbers or placements 

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

Welcome to the Planet @Pasta:wave:. This is also my first Olympics. I'm really glad the Planet exists, then I don't feel so alone with my anxiety and excitement.:grouphug: Unfortunately I can't give you any advice because I feel the same way. But look forward to Yuzu's skating and enjoy it.

In Sendai Town Hall a special exhibition corner was set up to support Yuzu.:agree:

You can find a article and a video on this page:

Rough translation

People who saw the exhibition said:"I hope for a wonderful performance that will encourage all Sendai citizens." "I pray for the third consecutive win and I believe Hanyu will definitely win the gold medal."

Source:

https://www.fnn.jp/articles/-/310125

Another Video

Other theme:

Yuzu "spotted" with BTS:wink2:

[NEWS]

59 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I have the same anxieties, and I am still not sure if I even want him to be at this Olympics. But I think we all have a certain role to play and we can only try to play it as good as possible: Yuzu's role is to perform his programs, jump his jumps, skate like the legend that he is, in the best possible way. Our role is to watch him and support him with our thoughts and wishes and prayers, in the best possible way. 

He is so sensitive, and when he says that he feels our thoughts, I actually believe it. That's why I try to not send him my anxiety, but my love and admiration. I feel responsible for what I send to him, because he may feel it, and that helps me to control my emotions, at least a little bit. 

I try to focus not on what he has to do to make me happy (= skate two clean programs), but what he needs from me/us to get the energy for his performances. 

I feel like we are with him in good times and in bad times. He is human, he is allowed to make mistakes. Whatever happens, he will handle it with grace and dignity. Let's just celebrate the fact that he is still skating and competing. That alone is a very special gift to us. Who knows, in how much more competitions we will see him.

If I were in a position to give you any tips, I'd say: Don't fixate on the outcome, just enjoy these rare and precious moments when we are allowed to see this extraordinary person in action. 

2 hours ago, robin said:

The only tip I can give you is to keep in mind that results don't matter anymore because scores have stopped having meaning quite some time ago. It's best to be here to witness and enjoy Yuzu's god-level skating and not mind the numbers or placements 

such great advice <3

but so hard to follow

1 hour ago, birnasan said:

If I were in a position to give you any tips, I'd say: Don't fixate on the outcome, just enjoy these rare and precious moments when we are allowed to see this extraordinary person in action. 

Well said, I could not agree more :clap: