General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Danibellerika said:

Well it's not like Med (the other no 1 skater) has a lot of muscle tone in her legs. You can get that doing triples too.  

yes, but it's quite funny how ppl can't reconcile the idea of yuzu and muscles. and with his amt of practice, he'll definitely have them.

19 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Thanks Elaine for the information! Since you've been there before, any suggestions as to a place to stay for the Autumn Classic International?

Unfortunately there is no nearby hotel for the arena. The closest ones are the official hotel, Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn but they appear to be fully booked for the event time (and the rate is not very friendly). If you want to go for a hotel within the area, when searching on booking try to use "Dorval" as the location instead of Montreal that you can narrow down to those airport hotels. Airbnb could be a good option but make sure the transportation is convenient for you or whether the parking is available that you can rent a car which makes your schedule more flexible. 

7 hours ago, Lunna said:

@Floria They wrote "Russian #SexBomb and Japanese sex symbol (idol)" under the pic :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Well isn't that the truth??! (certainly the second bit anyway LOL!) :snpeace:

5 hours ago, Vadrouille said:

Hello Geo1

Are you going to Autumn Classics in Montreal in September 2017 to see Yuzuru? That'cool.

I am Vadrouille, but can I add my bit to give you some information.

I remember last year for Autumn Classics, many Japanese fans came to see Yuzuru, I even saw buses rented by Japanese tours who bring their clients to and from the arena Sportsplexe Pierrefonds. Some of Japanese fans stayed at the official hotel, but some of them have to stay at other hotels nearby, for example Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Pointe Claire. This hotel is 3 stars hotel, more modern looking, the nearest to Sportsplexe in Pierrefonds, about 3 Km. But I am afraid this hotel is fully booked too for the date from September 20-23.

But if you rent a car from the airport Pierre Trudeau International in Dorval to go to the arena, you can stay at any hotel in the area of Pointe Claire, Dorval. The parking lot of the arena is quite big and free, no charge. Maybe a resident of this area, hello Claire from fan fest GS, can give us more information about hotels.

Good health for you all and good summer.

Hello Vadrouille! A fellow member of the old Yuzuru Hanyu Forum. Thank you very much for the information! It's not that easy for me to travel because I have to arrange for someone too help us because I am in a wheelchair. I would like to rent a wheelchair accessible van at the airpport so that we can travel without limitations. If I do go, I would love to meet you and other members of this forum who are attending. I  should get in touch with Claire.

2 hours ago, Elaine said:

Unfortunately there is no nearby hotel for the arena. The closest ones are the official hotel, Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn but they appear to be fully booked for the event time (and the rate is not very friendly). If you want to go for a hotel within the area, when searching on booking try to use "Dorval" as the location instead of Montreal that you can narrow down to those airport hotels. Airbnb could be a good option but make sure the transportation is convenient for you or whether the parking is available that you can rent a car which makes your schedule more flexible. 

Thanks again, Elaine! First thing I have to do is find a friend  or two who is/are willing to take a few days off to help me and my wife  because I am in a wheelchair.The thought of spending a few days watching figure skating isn't all that appealing to most of my friends, even if it is an all expense paid trip! I will follow your advice and the advice provided by Vadrouille. As I said to Vadrouille, I would love to meet you guys if I do go.