General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Lunna said:

I was mostly joking about 5.0, I also felt like he wants smth new (he said himself), cuz mood shifted, maybe priorities shifted etc.

Instead of Notte Stellata I would prefer Swan Lake even if it's warhorse, but it's a warhorse for a reason.

One cannot be weary of Tchaikovsky. He is after Chopin and Mozart but really just after. We can rely on Yuzuru Hanyu to have beautiful interpretation and cut of the music he may chose (not like that adaptation of Scriabin when he was younger) and to help putting on a beautiful choreo, and to skate it as it deserves.

And Tchaikovsky didn't write only ballet music, by the way. In 2013-2014, Maxim Kovtun dared the first piano concerto, I am sure Yuzuru Hanyu would grace any such masterpiece. In ballet, choreographer Roland Petit (whose widow, Zizi Jeanmaire, passed away a few days ago) chose his Pathetic Symphony for his ballet The Queen of Spades.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Haha, who are #1 and #2 though?

Dean Fujioka is #1 - understandable, I guess.

#2 is some teeny-bop kid I'm not familiar with.

The list is pretty heavy with singers/pop stars...so I'm thinking the voting audience was more music-oriented.

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Fits the swan for Oly season theme...

That’s what I was thinking - White Legend for the teenager,  Notte Stellata for the young man, Black Swan for the mature skater.  And you know he could deliver .....