General Yuzuru Chat

20 hours ago, LadyLou said:

@Moria Polonius is that you that made that MAD to Uninvited? I love it, and amazing compilation of Yuzu programs too... the only downside is that it makes me want to rewatch ALL THOSE PROGRAMS and some more, and I don't have enough time:tumblr_inline_mh8pweVDqw1qid2nw::14066882::tumblr_inline_n2pjd9Lx401qdlkyg: so I guess I'm just gonna rewatch your video some more for a quick fix:winky:

Yep, that was me, glad you liked it!

I got a notification that it was blocked in Japan due to Fuji copyrights. :yznotimpressed: At least it wasn't deleted; I think I'll upload it on googledrive or vimeo.

Posting this here rather than in European Championships thread because it's really about Yuzu and his future. I would love to see Kolyada emerge as his chief rival rather than either Nathan or Shoma. For my taste, Kolyada comes closest (now that Javi is retiring) to capturing the insane combination of finesse and explosiveness that makes Yuzu so special. I just feel like, when he's "on," Misha has the most potential to push Yuzu to even greater heights. (Like the High Priest of Kuyashii needs any pushing, right?) 

35 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

I would love to see Kolyada emerge as his chief rival rather than either Nathan or Shoma. For my taste, Kolyada comes closest (now that Javi is retiring) to capturing the insane combination of finesse and explosiveness that makes Yuzu so special. I just feel like, when he's "on," Misha has the most potential to push Yuzu to even greater heights. (Like the High Priest of Kuyashii needs any pushing, right?) 

I like the comparison of Mikhail with Yuzu.  They seem to have the same aesthetic but Yuzu has the advantage of higher consistency and he is more adventurous when it comes to new things (ie 4A and the quad/3A combination).  Yuzu's difference from Mikhail also is that his level of consistency is much higher.  He can skate a program with high PCS numbers much more reliably than Mikhail, part of that being that those things which make for 9's in PCS's have been engraved literally in Yuzu's skating DNA. 

Misha, if I understand correctly, has left competition.  He is, fortunately, always welcome in ice shows, since his choreography is always so sensitive to the music and his expressiveness puts him up with the best of all time (for expressiveness, since his programs rarely have him up in the air).  I think his skating future is probably in choreography.  A good move for him would be to remove himself to Toronto where the number of needy (needing programs) skaters is quite large.  Exhibition programs would probably be his specialty and the best advertisement he could hope to have would be to do one for Yuzu.  Like so many here I would LOVE to see Yuzu skate a Misha program.  With the exception of the aerobatics Yuzu and Misha are very much on the same page there.

4 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I like the comparison of Mikhail with Yuzu.  They seem to have the same aesthetic but Yuzu has the advantage of higher consistency and he is more adventurous when it comes to new things (ie 4A and the quad/3A combination).  Yuzu's difference from Mikhail also is that his level of consistency is much higher.  He can skate a program with high PCS numbers much more reliably than Mikhail, part of that being that those things which make for 9's in PCS's have been engraved literally in Yuzu's skating DNA. 

Misha, if I understand correctly, has left competition.  He is, fortunately, always welcome in ice shows, since his choreography is always so sensitive to the music and his expressiveness puts him up with the best of all time (for expressiveness, since his programs rarely have him up in the air).  I think his skating future is probably in choreography.  A good move for him would be to remove himself to Toronto where the number of needy (needing programs) skaters is quite large.  Exhibition programs would probably be his specialty and the best advertisement he could hope to have would be to do one for Yuzu.  Like so many here I would LOVE to see Yuzu skate a Misha program.  With the exception of the aerobatics Yuzu and Misha are very much on the same page there.

I think you've mixed up Misha Ge and Mikhail 'Misha' Kolyada, micaelis . I think people are actually talking about Kolyada today. He just skated a clean SP (first in a very long time) at Europeans and folks are excited for him. 

On 1/23/2019 at 6:06 AM, SparkleSalad said:

So sweet! For those who don't know, a red thread (or scarf, in this case) represents fate in Japanese culture.

20 hours ago, PoohCannelle said:

My mathematical education likes this. Thank you :devilYuzu: (eworrying)2

I spent far longer than I had time for trying to come up with an equation to model that. I didn't have time to finish it (mostly because I started going into a ton of detail), but it definitely involved an ex and some function composition. :laughing:

14 hours ago, SuperMin said:

I think it is cute when Yuzu speaks English, but when he can speak in Japanese he can express himself exactly how he feels 100%.  

Yes, those of us who can understand him in Japanese are so lucky. He's so eloquent and expressive. :snpeace:

6 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I think the brightness of the face is one of the biggest influences on the age guess for that program. The more shadows on the face, the older it'll guess the age. I've taken different pictures on the same day and gotten 13 on the one in bright sunlight and 35 on the one in a dark hallway.

As for the gender, I have no guesses for the problem there.  :headdesk2:

40 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think you've mixed up Misha Ge and Mikhail 'Misha' Kolyada, micaelis . I think people are actually talking about Kolyada today. He just skated a clean SP (first in a very long time) at Europeans and folks are excited for him. 

My mistake.  However my observations about Misha Ge remain.  His skating style is very individual and principled.  Like Jason Brown he eschews the aerobatics of the elite but he also skates programs that would be fatally damaged were there additional jumps incorporated.  Misha loves the ice and what it offers him, while too many others love their time flying above the ice at the expense of what they could accomplish remaining on it.  As far as Kolyada goes I have always admired him but like others see that he is wildly inconsistent.  I see him as one whose talent has him standing right at the fringes of the elite, one whose fortunes depend on those above him making mistakes and he making less than they do (sounds like Yuzu at Sochi).   Turning back to Misha Ge, like so many others here I do wish Yuzu would employ Misha for an exhibition piece.  They would be perfect together.

3 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

So sweet! For those who don't know, a red thread (or scarf, in this case) represents fate in Japanese culture.

I spent far longer than I had time for trying to come up with an equation to model that. I didn't have time to finish it (mostly because I started going into a ton of detail), but it definitely involved an ex and some function composition. :laughing:

Yes, those of us who can understand him in Japanese are so lucky. He's so eloquent and expressive. :snpeace:

Thanks for enlightening us on the symbol of the red thread ! It make me like this gif much much more ! Wish I could understand Japanese just like that *twinkling of an eye*

Yes definitly some estuff :acceptable:

On 1/23/2019 at 9:22 PM, Moria Polonius said:

Yep, that was me, glad you liked it!

I got a notification that it was blocked in Japan due to Fuji copyrights. :yznotimpressed: At least it wasn't deleted; I think I'll upload it on googledrive or vimeo.

Oh that's why I couldn't see it (yes, currently in Japan ... and can't sleep 'cause EC). Yes, give us the link, I'd like to see it.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:36 AM, Fay said:

No. This is a melting pot... 

Best pun ever.