General Yuzuru Chat

6 分ぐらい, xeyra said:

It's weird how this forum seemed to have its largest number of online members today and nothing absolutely happened. This thread hasn't even moved the whole afternoon. :laughing:

Maybe those who had been away from internet or this forum has come and spent some time just to catch up...?

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

I think last night's visitors were mostly fake for some reason....

I think the number was like 1200+ visitors, and I was like "do we have something going on?" But then, nope, the thread was actually slow and without news  :confused:

Anyways, guys pls don't kill me. I was rewatching the Sochi 2014 fancams and suddenly I fell in love? with the boobskirt full of rhinestones Yuzu juliet costume  :headdesk: I was never a hater of that costume, but it suddenly looked so beautiful when Yuzu took a pic with the Japan's flag wearing it. The rhinestones were full of blings and Yuzu was literally glowing :sparkles.001:

What I felt was so severe that I just hoped he would skate Chopin 3.0 with the blue version of that costume :embSwan:

I really need some Yuzu's updates, this deficiency syndrome has ruined my brain :facepalm:

ETA:

this is the culprit 

19 hours ago, Fresca said:

OMG his outside edge spread eagles into and out of the 3A are absolutely fantastic. Look at that sustained turnout and the curve on the ice he gets with it  :smiley-love017:@koneko you must see his spread eagles in the vid above! You can marry his turnout since I got his Vaganova fingers! :laughing::laughing:

His triple axel there reminds me of the one he did at Worlds FS 2012 . The Russian commentator..."Wow wow! My goodness! What a 3A. Maybe he can even jump 4A! Wow!" :laughing::laughing::space:

:love::smiley-love017::loveshower::smiley-sick030::5918bda8ee9b0_0001(1): (cause of death: myocardial infarction due to excessive lack of oxygen resulting from Acute Yuzu Perfectitis Syndrome)

I shamefully admit that I did unspeakable things to the replay button :smiley-taunt014:. So beautiful...his turnout on the SEs is goals and shows off his amazing edges when he cuts circles through the ice. I can't possibly marry such perfection...I'm not worthy :laughing:

that Russian commentator will be telling everyone "I told you so!" when Yuzu lands that 4A

On May 29, 2017 at 12:03, beki said:

Everyone's done a great job with the numbers, I'm just wondering about the intangibles of perception. Is repeating Chopin 3.0 with 4Lo, 3A, 4T-3T politicking-proof? I think it's open to commentators, rival feds, etc to create a narrative of "Where's the wow factor?"

If you ask me specifically how that impacts scoring, I couldn't tell you, but I believe it makes a difference. Frank Carroll and Joe Inman laid the foundation for Lysacek's gold with "Plushenko has no transitions." It's a season-long political campaign. Including the 4Lz demolishes the attack from "newer, fresher, younger, harder."

"Where's the wow factor?" Yes, that's exactly what I believe the narrative will be. Actually, I fear it will be even worse than that but I won't go there, just hope for the best for him. :fingerscrossed:

23 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

"Where's the wow factor?" Yes, that's exactly what I believe the narrative will be. Actually, I fear it will be even worse than that but I won't go there, just hope for the best for him. :fingerscrossed:

Depends on the LP.

A lot of skaters are repeating programs, and yes, Chopin had its own baggage, not to repeat again but we haven't seen even a glimpse of the LP. I expect that to be a corker and the wow factor. 

24 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Depends on the LP.

A lot of skaters are repeating programs, and yes, Chopin had its own baggage, not to repeat again but we haven't seen even a glimpse of the LP. I expect that to be a corker and the wow factor. 

There's so much weight on the LP now...

8 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

One can hope... This SP news makes me anxious for the LP. :confused: 

Me too.

53 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

It's not like there was any wow factor in Zhenia's programs, yet she still scored well. Commentators can say anything, but when he performs well, they will just shut up. 

Most commentators have goldfish memories and many of them just kiss the trend as the season goes. Not that I want to talk them down, but they're just that. Most of them frankly. 

Especially when he is the reigning WC and OGM, they won't talk him down, unlike the season ago when they acted like he's done and "have we seen the best from him already". 

I am sure this Olympic season when they need a lot of publicity, they will just have some nice words.

If you ask me why... been there, done that. I have watched their commentary for years. 

16 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

One can hope... This SP news makes me anxious for the LP. :confused: 

At this point I am hoping that Max is right and it is Seimei 2.0. It may sound a little bit contradictory but considering Max was specific about music alterations too, I would say this is something perfect for the Olympics. That would be the wow factor all right! It'd carry the crowd from start to finish and I think he really gets into the character perfectly. 

On 29/05/2017 at 13:04, KatjaThera said:

As an argument in favor of LGC, though, I'd say it being more restrictive artistically is actually something that makes it more difficult. We've seen Yuzu skate a great Chopin even when upset. But he can't do a really good LGC when upset. It's harder to force yourself to smile and entertain when you're having a bad day. But those are just a matter of perspective.

Sorry I missed this but from the perspective of someone who has had to perform on bad days, whether in class or rehearsal or a show and seen many others perform on bad days too, it depends. What is easier for you? To put a fake smile on your face and pretend to be a different person or character no matter what you are feeling? Or to connect to a piece of music and be honest with it? To put your heart on your sleeve and let it be judged by an audience even if you're not at your best? Both are difficult.

Most times, for me, it's easier to hide my emotions and pretend to be someone else because at that moment, I am not me having a bad day but a rock star or a fairy or a princess. However, when I connect to a piece and love it, then on bad days, it becomes a sort of refuge or armor. No matter what I was feeling before, I can let myself truly feel the music because the piece will make me feel beautiful and strong in my dancing. Maybe this is what Yuzu feels when he performs Chopin.

42 minutes ago, koneko said:

:love::smiley-love017::loveshower::smiley-sick030::5918bda8ee9b0_0001(1): (cause of death: myocardial infarction due to excessive lack of oxygen resulting from Acute Yuzu Perfectitis Syndrome)

I shamefully admit that I did unspeakable things to the replay button :smiley-taunt014:. So beautiful...his turnout on the SEs is goals and shows off his amazing edges when he cuts circles through the ice. I can't possibly marry such perfection...I'm not worthy :laughing:

that Russian commentator will be telling everyone "I told you so!" when Yuzu lands that 4A

Don't say that! Be a little shameless :laughing::laughing: Just look at the marriage thread! It's a loooong list! But nobody took his turnout yet *heehee*:popcorn:

6 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Cue six pages of angst from those who disagree

Lol, should I? :whistling: Double recycling... environmentally conscious hippie Yuzu :smiley-char023:

No new programs :smiley-sad016:

Maybe we should just time travel back to 2015-16 and hold the Olympics then :hopelessness: 

1 hour ago, b138oo said:

Anyways, guys pls don't kill me. I was rewatching the Sochi 2014 fancams and suddenly I fell in love? with the boobskirt full of rhinestones Yuzu juliet costume  :headdesk: I was never a hater of that costume, but it suddenly looked so beautiful when Yuzu took a pic with the Japan's flag wearing it. The rhinestones were full of blings and Yuzu was literally glowing :sparkles.001:

Welcome to the club :0011: In 2013 I had a short period of doubt about his costume choice but all of a sudden I fell in love with it too. I love the colours of the rhinestones so much - great taste, Yuzu! :clap:!

5 minutes ago, beki said:

Lol, should I? :whistling: Double recycling... environmentally conscious hippie Yuzu :smiley-char023:

No new programs :smiley-sad016:

Maybe we should just time travel back to 2015-16 and hold the Olympics then :hopelessness: 

At least he's trying to save the planet? :facepalm: