General Yuzuru Chat

On 4/14/2018 at 3:00 PM, robin said:

Yuzu also said he won’t burn our eyes again by skating to chopin in this costume :rofl: 

Thank God! (Sorry, Johnny.)

On 4/14/2018 at 4:35 PM, robin said:

correction:

During Olys: I‘m pain-free. I‘m feeling no pain. 

He is the reason I have trust issues 

That's because a warrior never tells you their weakness BEFORE a battle. They throw smoke bombs in to confuse and frighten the enemy while they prepare a sneak attack. It's okay now to admit to it. But I don't think fans were the target of his subterfuge (tisks sadly at poor Nathan.)

Yesterday I came upon a vid of a skater in a competition sometime in the 70s.  I was blown away.  In a negative way.  There were plenty of jumps there, though nothing like the jumps we see routinely today from the elite skaters.  What so appalled me was that there was virtually nothing going on between the jumps.  No spins, no steps, just plain nothing.  Everything involved getting set for the next jump.  I don't even remember the name of the skater or the competition, but all I can say is that if Yuzu had been transported back in time to that competition and did what he can do, they'd have thought he was somebody from another planet.  Wow, has figure skating come a very very long way since then.

15 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Yesterday I came upon a vid of a skater in a competition sometime in the 70s.  I was blown away.  In a negative way.  There were plenty of jumps there, though nothing like the jumps we see routinely today from the elite skaters.  What so appalled me was that there was virtually nothing going on between the jumps.  No spins, no steps, just plain nothing.  Everything involved getting set for the next jump.  I don't even remember the name of the skater or the competition, but all I can say is that if Yuzu had been transported back in time to that competition and did what he can do, they'd have thought he was somebody from another planet.  Wow, has figure skating come a very very long was since then.

Yes. The sport has pretty much evolved largely from that point in time to what it is today. There are many things that hinders the sport back then, one of those is the skating technology is not so developed as what it is now. The quality of ice and how you make it is different from today, boots and blade's strength does not support jumps with higher number of revolutions as now. And the rules then are so different from this day. And even right now, we can say that it is still evolving. And that is why it's beautiful and makes the frontrunners and evolutionists of this sport the more admirable. 

7 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

I'm watching Boston warm-up and.. why has nobody told me about the costume malfunction before? 

giphy.gif

451cdce4d09c045e4092b524e19afca0.jpg

:13877886:

EDIT video

What costume malfunction? It's a bare back costume, just like what the ladies wear all the time. :crazyshit2:

7 hours ago, robin said:

Yuzu also said he won’t burn our eyes again by skating to chopin in this costume :rofl: 

Hmm... thought I should clear this up a little.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180413-00000179-sph-spo

What Yuzu said according to this article:

「このプログラムをまさかこの衣装でやるとは、私も思ってなかったよ(笑い)。絶対約束するけど、この衣装でこれからバラード第1番をやることはないと思うので、目に焼き付けてください。僕の大好きな曲、大好きなステップ、ジェフから頂いた大切なものです」

"I didn't think I would ever do this program in this costume (laughs). I absolutely promise this, but I don't think I will ever skate Ballade No. 1 in this costume again, so please burn (imprint) this (image) into your eyes. A song that I like very much, steps that I like very much, a very important thing I received from Jeff."

He meant to say that it might not happen again, so the audience should etch that moment into their memories. Even if he knew that the costume was not very popular among fans (which might be why he said he promised it would never happen again), he didn't mean it to the extent that it was burning the audience's eyes. I wanted to say this as what Yuzu said had much more positive connotation. :)

14 hours ago, Kizuna said:

What costume malfunction? It's a bare back costume, just like what the ladies wear all the time. :crazyshit2:

Hmm... thought I should clear this up a little.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180413-00000179-sph-spo

What Yuzu said according to this article:

「このプログラムをまさかこの衣装でやるとは、私も思ってなかったよ(笑い)。絶対約束するけど、この衣装でこれからバラード第1番をやることはないと思うので、目に焼き付けてください。僕の大好きな曲、大好きなステップ、ジェフから頂いた大切なものです」

"I didn't think I would ever do this program in this costume (laughs). I absolutely promise this, but I don't think I will ever skate Ballade No. 1 in this costume again, so please burn (imprint) this (image) into your eyes. A song that I like very much, steps that I like very much, a very important thing I received from Jeff."

He meant to say that it might not happen again, so the audience should etch that moment into their memories. Even if he knew that the costume was not very popular among fans (which might be why he said he promised it would never happen again), he didn't mean it to the extent that it was burning the audience's eyes. I wanted to say this as what Yuzu said had much more positive connotation. :)

Geeze, you could have said that EARLIER! 

Spoiler

xxx-9-09-kevin.jpeg