General Yuzuru Chat

as long-term Yuzu fans, if any film about him were made, I doubt we could be 100% happy with the final product since it probably wouldn't be totally accurate; besides, nothing could be as incredible as his real story...
But even if the movie was flawed, as long as it's not too inaccurate I'd still be thrilled for it since Yuzu definitely deserves that kind of recognition. His inspirational career deserves to be acknowledged and remembered alongside the greatest athletes in the world and in history. It's a shame that figure skating is not the most popular sport, because imo his name is still not as recognized worldwide as it should be (or at least not where I live)

7 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

I don't think I want that.

He did one movie like that and they had him bald:8:

[what do you have against Date Shigemura-sama >_<, just look at this cutieetumblr_o6st8s7TFR1vteqrso5_400.gif(pic)]

Oh noonono, not bald, maybe using the same hat Seimei was using so we get the Seimei starting pose like it was supposed to be...

5 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

as long-term Yuzu fans, if any film about him were made, I doubt we could be 100% happy with the final product since it probably wouldn't be totally accurate; besides, nothing could be as incredible as his real story...
But even if the movie was flawed, as long as it's not too inaccurate I'd still be thrilled for it since Yuzu definitely deserves that kind of recognition. His inspirational career deserves to be acknowledged and remembered alongside the greatest athletes in the world and in history. It's a shame that figure skating is not the most popular sport, because imo his name is still not as recognized worldwide as it should be (or at least not where I live)

Would an anime counterpart to Dear Basketball (animated short based on Kobe Bryant's retirement poem) work?

Yuzu will narrate, naturally :peekapooh:

11 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

In that case, I want to hear your voice actors suggestions. :peek:

Hanae Natsuki for Yuzu, Y/Y? 

a guy who talks about a mile a minute and who couldn't shut up if his life depended on it may not necessarily want or need someone to speak for him :laughing: he'd probably be like "make my anime self talk for 2 hours? Gimme the script."

I was trying to think of how Hollywood can exaggerate Yuzu's already over the top story and the only scenario I can imagine is making him a real alien who crashed to earth and can't leave. The ending scene would be him finally flying to his home planet while credits roll  :spacealien:

I think the lack of sleep is affecting me  :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I was trying to think of how Hollywood can exaggerate Yuzu's already over the top story and the only scenario I can imagine is making him a real alien who crashed to earth and can't leave. The ending scene would be him finally flying to his home planet while credits roll  :spacealien:

I think the lack of sleep is affecting me  :biggrin:

I‘d totally be behind this version of the movie :rofl: 

I‘m ready to sob at the ending (but I’d understand because humankind doesn’t deserve him and he deserves to go back to his planet and find peace.)

5 minutes ago, robin said:

I‘d totally be behind this version of the movie :rofl: 

I‘m ready to sob at the ending (but I’d understand because humankind doesn’t deserve him and he deserves to go back to his planet and find peace.)

And then we'll have a sequel where he comes back to save humanity from a hostile alien invasion?? :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Victoria said:

And then we'll have a sequel where he comes back to save humanity from a hostile alien invasion?? :rofl:

Invasion of the crossovers?? And Yuzu’s back to introduce actual transitions to men’s figure skating!!!! lol

3 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I think it is more believable if he returned because the ISU has finally assigned a BV for quints and he wants to land it in competitions with positive GOE    :9:

It is after all a movie based on true story :happy:

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

It's his life.  Wouldn't they need his permission?  And given his level of control over what ads he does etc, isn't he likely to either refuse or retain a JK Rowling like control over any film?  

I’m not sure about that but The Social Network movie ( forever salty being robbed of the Oscar award !!! 0.03 % ... ) is basically about Facebook founder but iirc they didn’t consult or ask permission at all , same as Steve Job movie 

maybe that’s the way Hollywood works :shrug:

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

It's his life.  Wouldn't they need his permission?  And given his level of control over what ads he does etc, isn't he likely to either refuse or retain a JK Rowling like control over any film?  

Nope, you don't need permission. Anyone could make a movie about his life as he doesn't as he cannot, own the rights to his own story. Most of these movies are really so-called "docudramas" and by definition, their purpose is to capture the "essence" of someone's life without necessarily filming all the actual events that took place. It's a dramatization of lives of real people (I'm talking about how HWeird sees it). There are several things they'd need to be careful of; rights of privacy (only goes away if the person is already gone), rights of publicity (this does count even if the person is dead) and torts of false light (and I think they require evidence of actual malice here) and defamation. If they can work with that, they're good to go, without Zu's permission.