General Yuzuru Chat

I feel like an awful person for saying this because I'm not even watching the Ladies SP, but I wonder if right now he's watching from the arena (or tv) and if he has a seat and a camera will catch him (like they did in Sochi during Mao). If I had time I'd watch Ladies just for that one second of him probably cheering for Satoko and Kaori. :slinkaway:

19 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

can't watch it because my heart is stretched out with all the emotions and it actually hurts. Ugh.

I sold my Olympic SP ticket so I could go to Milan instead. :13877886: I hope it doesn't become the biggest regret of my entire life. 

Omg why did u do that... Yuzu might not come to Milano but it was 100 percent sure he will come to Pyeongchang

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

I will find time for Kaori and Gabby but I am for reals messed up about Javi and I'm taking extra long to get everything done today with shaky legs. :sadPooh:

When will giving physical hugs through the internet become a thing because I think we all need it :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

2 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Omg why did u do that... Yuzu might not come to Milano but it was 100 percent sure he will come to Pyeongchang

For a lot of reasons including spending all my money on going to NHK and having no chance of getting a good tickets until it was too late. :dpooh:

1 minute ago, axelnojutsu said:

When will giving physical hugs through the internet become a thing because I think we all need it :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Can it be today that it becomes a thing? I can't handle being awake. :13877886:

"He is very competitive. I have been around this sport a very long time and I have never seen anything like this type of athlete. It's like he is from another planet. He keeps moving the sport forward."

"He was never depressed. He was always very optimistic about what he had to do each day with his trainers and doctors and physios."

"He had a plan, he had a schedule, but I think the greatest message after all this is done is what an inspiration this is going to be for so many people in the world, not just athletes, but just people who have struggles and that they can overcome them," said Orser. "He overcame his challenges. He never took his sight off of the Olympic gold medal."

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hide contents

"He was never depressed. He was always very optimistic about what he had to do each day with his trainers and doctors and physios."

"He had a plan, he had a schedule, but I think the greatest message after all this is done is what an inspiration this is going to be for so many people in the world, not just athletes, but just people who have struggles and that they can overcome them," said Orser. "He overcame his challenges. He never took his sight off of the Olympic gold medal."

:sadPooh: 

I woke up to 120 new posts and wondered what happened ^_^;

Javi thoughts and a bit more info, under spoiler, because it's quite OT

Spoiler

For Javi, I'd like to add that he said Brian did offer him to stay at TCC and help him coach other skaters, but [implied: for now at least] he wants to go back home to Madrid. He has a lot of projects with the Spanish federation to promote skating in Spain and truth is, he has to take advantage and do it now, while the medal is still hot. So it makes sense. He has, however, said several times that he doesn't know what's going to happen in the future, but for now he wants to do this. Personally, I still think coaching at TCC would be the smartest thing for him, financially, along with doing ice shows in Japan. And ice shows in Japan will definitely happen, because they're the highest paying. So, there's no way that was the last time he and Yuzu see each other. It might very well have been their last competition and last podium together, though. (I have this idea of Javi doing training in January, for Europeans, then that, then more promo stuff in Spain, after he wins - :P - then maybe March he could actually help out at TCC for Worlds fever, May doing ice shows in Japan, June-July doing Summer skating camps in Spain, August-September, help out at TCC - when the season starts and nerves are stretched and the skaters will need distracting and loosening up - October maybe still help or rest or practice, November-December for his ice shows, some more training, maybe nationals... Wouldn't that be lovely? He could also take over coach-assisting for GP events in Europe, so the whole TCC doesn't have to stretch itself thin, because even if he's not a part of their daily training, he knows the skaters and know how to support them. Well, I can dream ^_^;  Of course, the one I want assisting the most, to help him relax and have fun, is Yuzu :P)

Back to reality, I won't be surprised if we get more Yuzu sobbing all over him at the gala as well... so get your tissue boxes ready...

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

:grouphug: Take a break and try to watch the ladies' event /unless you're rooting for someone not a podium contender then don't..../

That article finally set me off for good so I'm going to bawl my eyes as much as possible now out because I have to go out in public and be normal in a minute. 

I'm so glad the Waka heartbreak got out of the way at Nationals. :P

6 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Completely agree. To me I stick with my initial impression of him on those days. Genuinely happy to be back on the ice. That matches with what he was saying about primarily being thankful he could be skating at the Olympics at all. 

I am on board with this, I see him genuinely happy but I do think he's a bit slower on his SP and FS then his usual skate when he's at his best :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: but his smiles are definitely real for me

1 hour ago, PPOS said:

And he took his top off.....though I know he was young....and kept flashing his abs at FAOI!....I hope he knows how adored he is...<3

oh he knows, he knows :biggrin: just look at his cheeky smile after he does some "fanservice" like blowing a kiss or doing the seimei pose at podium during flower ceremony :rofl: he loves them cheers

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I've told you countless times. Trollzuru Hanyu doesn't kill you :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: he just leaves you FUBAR

Me since Friday:

2b51b3962dcefa1b69e31866fe9bf82b.jpg

and forum is on squishy mood again :sadPooh: group hug!! :10742289::10742289::10742289:

I really can't imagine javi not being in toronto anymore :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: ughhh the feelss