General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Of course, Javi let it slip with Spanish media

Honestly, i felt like Javi's statement was very vague. Though now that you mention it it might have been on purpose

And also i don't feel too comforted by this bit of news because it just seems to be reaffirmign what we already knew: he's back on the ice, there's no pain anymore. We really don't know how "recovered" he is...

maybe i'm the gloomy one here

11 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Maybe they're keeping quiet that's he's already fine (and doing jumps I presume)?

Of course, Javi let it slip with Spanish media  (Remember when Spanish media knew about Seimei 2.0 before it was officially announced but held back?) :smiley-laughing021:

:laughing:

9 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Honestly, i felt like Javi's statement was very vague. Though now that you mention it it might have been on purpose

Yeah, that does make sense!! Maybe he wasn't supposed to tell :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Is Yuzu not the king of keeping things secret? Did this season not teach us anything?

*cough* lutz *cough* seimei

Or maybe I'm just in an overly optimistic/good mood right now.... :emot-11tea:

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

And also i don't feel too comforted by this bit of news because it just seems to be reaffirmign what we already knew: he's back on the ice, there's no pain anymore. We really don't know how "recovered" he is...

maybe i'm the gloomy one here

tbf, i didn't "know" this. i just heard from a couple sources that he got back on the ice on that one day (or two). i didn't know if he stopped going back after the first few times or if he felt pain and decided to rest longer. so if i can get a confirmation that he's training and has no pain, i would be 110000% super happy fanyu right now. sigh. :smiley-angry023:

6 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Maybe they're keeping quiet that's he's already fine (and doing jumps I presume)?

Of course, Javi let it slip with Spanish media  (Remember when Spanish media knew about Seimei 2.0 before it was officially announced but held back?) :smiley-laughing021:

I considered that too but it seemed pretty silly to me to mention that it's not being mentioned. :P

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

tbf, i didn't "know" this. i just heard from a couple sources that he got back on the ice on that one day (or two). i didn't know if he stopped going back after the first few times or if he felt pain and decided to rest longer. so if i can get a confirmation that he's training and has no pain, i would be 110000% super happy fanyu right now. sigh. :smiley-angry023:

Doesn't matter if he's doing 5 quad layout RTs or not. The most important thing is he is possibly feeling good enough to get back on ice. Most of us were anxious about whether he would have enough time to practice since our assumption was he didn't even touch ice for a very long time. If he's touched ice in the past 2 weeks, then he's probably back on track, or closer to it.

I think I remember the JSF statement or comment that said on the 16th of December he communicated (who knows how, LINE?!) that he was back on ice, but he could not do jumps properly because he was better but still had some pain. That kind of tallies with when we heard that he was back on ice and doing his step sequence and stuff. So now if Javi says he's recovered and they're training together, it's been almost three weeks since then, I would interpret it as there have been no setbacks after he got back on ice, so I'd guess that his ankle got its conditioning back at least to an extent and he's probably jumping again. If after so long on ice he had pain and he couldn't jump, then he wouldn't still be on ice and training, he'd be getting more scans and exploring more treatment. So if he got back on ice back then and he's described even in passing as recovered and training, I'd say he's well on track and getting back to top form.

So yeah, I'm feeling very optimistic about that little comment from Javi!

2 hours ago, Yolo3a said:

I don't know how informed Javi would be, as he once said Yuzu was beaten by Shoma in Japan Nationals. But any news is better than no news especially if it's positive news. And Yuzu has started skating on a regular basis is the best news now..

Well, he seems to know basically nothing about his competitors (and he admitted as much in the interview), but presumably that comment comes from seeing Yuzu in practice? I hope? :confused:

4 minutes ago, guitarist said:

Well, he seems to know basically nothing about his competitors (and he admitted as much in the interview), but presumably that comment comes from seeing Yuzu on practice? I hope? :confused:

Yeah, I'm going by the comment about training together. I assume that means he's been seeing him practice, even from another side of the rink or whatever. Even Javi would notice if Yuzu still wasn't jumping!

Guys, Yuzu was on ice by December 16, according to Kobayashi. Javi said he's recovered and training together. Just believe he's been on ice since then, okay? No need to bring doubts into a confirmation of good news, no matter if Javi-vague-like. Sure, it doesn't mean Yuzu is jumping 20 quads a session again but I doubt he hasn't jumped at all in 3 weeks. 

Edit: Plus Ambesi also confirmed Yuzu's been on ice for several weeks (I assume since that fated December 16) and he has his sources, so we're good. 

hace 59 minutos , guitarist said:

Well, he seems to know basically nothing about his competitors (and he admitted as much in the interview), but presumably that comment comes from seeing Yuzu in practice? I hope? :confused:

hace 54 minutos , WinForPooh said:

Yeah, I'm going by the comment about training together. I assume that means he's been seeing him practice, even from another side of the rink or whatever. Even Javi would notice if Yuzu still wasn't jumping!

I still have some doubts about Javi's comments. When Yuzuru informed JSF that he was back on ice  Javi was in Spain. I don't know  if he returned to Canada after nationals but he was in Spain at least during the last days of 2017. So he assumes Yuzu is fine now or he saw him training on ice?

If Javi stayed in Spain they hadn't any chance to train together.

Probably I am thinking too much about this :laughing: but we were starving for news for so long...