General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Floria said:

I still have some doubts about Javi's comments. When Yuzuru informed JSF that he was back on ice  Javi was in Spain. I don't know  if he returned to Canada after nationals but he was in Spain at least during the last days of 2017. So he assumes Yuzu is fine now or he saw him training on ice?

I thought he spent his New Year in Canada? His girlfriend went to meet him there, I think?

hace 1 minuto , xeyra said:

No idea. So since when was he in Spain for Nationals? 

Spanish Nationals were between 13th and 17th of December. After that there was a TV appearance on 28 of December (probably recorded before) and 2 or 3 interviews. All this made me wonder if they really had a chance to train together at TCC.

19 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I thought he spent his New Year in Canada? His girlfriend went to meet him there, I think?

There was also a fb post about how he was spending New Year's in -20ish degrees, iirc. Or maybe it was Christmas. Either way it doesn't really tell us much, and his answer sounded too vague. I'm not really sure what to think...

hace 20 minutos , guitarist said:

There was also a fb post about how he was spending New Year's in -20ish degrees, iirc. Or maybe it was Christmas. Either way it doesn't really tell us much, and his answer sounded too vague. I'm not really sure what to think...

My hopes lie with Brian now. At Europeans or 4CC. 

I'd like to clarify something. Javi did not say they're training 'together' - unless I remember his words wrongly; I'm at work and can't watch the video again. He said "we're training". As in, both he and Yuzu are training, not necessarily together.

I've been a bit confused about Javi's travel timeline, too, but since he is in Toronto now - he posted an instastory earlier today and he's at a skating rink that says ORONTO in the back - and given his instastories on New Year's Eve (saying he didn't expect to spend it with his girlfriend) makes me think he's gone back between Christmas and New Year's. Javi has a busier schedule in the lead up to Oly, with Europeans as well, so it makes sense he'd spend less time at home relaxing, than usual. But if the interviews were taken while he was still in Spain, then it makes it unlikely he saw Yuzu on ice with his own eyes. However, he had Brian along and could have overheard, or directly heard from Brian that Yuzu is back to training.

Also, I wouldn't use his not knowing Yuzu didn't go to Nationals last year as an argument, because he didn't really have much business knowing. He was in Spain at the time and he doesn't follow his rivals as actively as others. I also doubt Yuzu called him and told him and his only real hint would be that Brian got to spend Christmas at home, but he wouldn't know that anyway, because he was in Spain. It wasn't a big deal, so there wasn't much reason to keep him updated on the issue.

The injury this time is a bigger issue, so he probably heard stuff around, without being particularly knowledgeable - or even especially interested. It's not really his business anyway, but it made sense to say the little he knew when asked about what his rivals are doing.

Ah, if they're not training together - as in, at the same rink so can see each other, not like training partners or anything - then whatever Javi said might just be general what he heard kind of thing. If the interview was taped after he got to TCC and he's been at the rink at the same time as Yuzu, then recovered and training would mean Yuzu is landing jumps of some description by now. I saw the translation that said they're training alongside each other. :/ I prefer that interpretation, nobody would say he's recovered and training if he's not landing jumps. *withers*

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, if they're not training together - as in, at the same rink so can see each other, not like training partners or anything - then whatever Javi said might just be general what he heard kind of thing. If the interview was taped after he got to TCC and he's been at the rink at the same time as Yuzu, then recovered and training would mean Yuzu is landing jumps of some description by now. I saw the translation that said they're training alongside each other. :/ I prefer that interpretation, nobody would say he's recovered and training if he's not landing jumps. *withers*

Well, what he said could mean together, but it could also mean not together. But as this is Yuzu we're taking about and he's been back on ice for about three weeks now, by all reports, I find it hard to believe he's not at least trying triples... I mean, this is Yuzu and there's a month to go. He'll start pushing soon if he hasn't already.

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

People, you scrutinize stuff so much you kill all the good buzz... :13877886:

Ambesi, too , confirmed Yuzu's been on ice for some weeks now, so relax and just ride the wave of slightly less worrying.

Actually, I'm pretty confident things are going according to plan by now. It's hard for us, yes, but from what we know, Yuzu's been on the ice for about 3 weeks now. He'll be fine.

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Well, what he said could mean together, but it could also mean not together. But as this is Yuzu we're taking about and he's been back on ice for about three weeks now, by all reports, I find it hard to believe he's not at least trying triples... I mean, this is Yuzu and there's a month to go. He'll start pushing soon if he hasn't already.

Tbh it's actually fairly realistic to consider that Yuzu is probably back to 3A, if not 4T/4S, even if he's limiting to only a couple a day. He's had time to get the conditioning back and if he can land triples without pain, then everybody seems to agree that Yuzu gets those two quads back really quickly. It's been a while since we heard he was skating again, and there've been no reports of anything bad happening so no news is good news and if he's progressing on schedule, he'll be back to his full training sooner rather than later.

I'm honestly only really worried about the loop and lutz as long as we hear nothing bad. Really, if anything really bad had happened, even TCC and Yuzu couldn't keep that out of the news this close to the Olympics. Especially since at the end of the day, JSF wants that gold. Without 4T and 4S at least very close to being back, he wouldn't be getting this support from them, too.

So I tell myself when my imagination takes the wrong turn to Doomsville because no news. :13877886:No news probably means there's no bad news. Bad news gets out and spreads really fast.

Come on people, positive thoughts :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

We did not get any bad news so why are we actively trying to create it and worry ourselves sick, that is really unproductive. Yuzuru will be fine, he is back on ice and that is confirmed. The rest is up to him and his team and us worrying will not help him any, but will definitely make us miserable, so cheer up and have fun watching the US nationals, the judging is hilarious :biggrin: