Team Korea

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, barbara said:

It took some time to find this - Jun's exhibition gala skate at Nationals.... 

Quite some support he's getting there.  Very nice interpretation and the music really suits him.  Playing to his strengths and lots of the lovely Ina Bauer's. 😍 

4 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Quite some support he's getting there.  Very nice interpretation and the music really suits him.  Playing to his strengths and lots of the lovely Ina Bauer's. 😍 

I think his appearance on the SBS variety show has increased his visibility and he's finally getting some attention.

I guess these haven't been posted yet? Junhwan did a performance with Park Sunghoon of ENHYPEN (and former SK figure skater) at the 2022 SBS Gayo Daejon music awards recently.

The first video is dance practice, the second the performance.  Nice to see Jun getting these opportunities! 

• 2 months later...

The worlds programs were the best Jun has ever looked, he's got a maturity to his moves now that I like and his jumps didn't have as much set up time as he sometimes does and so everything flowed a lot better. I'm looking forward to what he does next.

I like Young Yoo's skating style more for the Korean women, but Haein is very nice to watch too and her personality is delightful. Chaeyeon is someone I'm going to be looking forward to as well, I thought she deserved more points for her gorgeous fs but early group pcs scoring shut her out.

9 minutes ago, Conspirata said:

Chaeyeon is someone I'm going to be looking forward to as well, I thought she deserved more points for her gorgeous fs but early group pcs scoring shut her out.

She has very good jumping techniques. Her Lutz is amongst my favorite, alongside Yuzu's, Liza's, Misha's and Boyang's, with light toepick, deep outside edge and low picking leg (Stress on LOW, because more often than not people talk more about the pick than the leg). That said, her jumps are kind of tiny. I hope she can continue to build up strength and muscle so she can get more height and distance in her jumps. She will need those. 

Re her FS, I thought her movements and interpretation are a bit immature, but this is something she can improve on with time. The potential is there. 

14 minutes ago, Melodie said:

She has very good jumping techniques. Her Lutz is amongst my favorite, alongside Yuzu's, Liza's, Misha's and Boyang's, with light toepick, deep outside edge and low picking leg (Stress on LOW, because more often than not people talk more about the pick than the leg). That said, her jumps are kind of tiny. I hope she can continue to build up strength and muscle so she can get more height and distance in her jumps. She will need those. 

Re her FS, I thought her movements and interpretation are a bit immature, but this is something she can improve on with time. The potential is there. 

Yes, some of her interpretation being a bit immature and disconnected is true, but the overall effect was quite impressive for her age. I look forward to seeing her come more into herself and mature it all. I keep forgetting how young Haein is, but I think they're the same age? Haein is a bit more expressive already. I hope Chaeyeon gets time and space to develop well too. It's always nice having multiple athletes to look forward to in competitions, without getting stressed over results lol.