Everything posted by yuzuangel
-
Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements
Yes it is
- 2010-2011 Season Yuzuru Hanyu Competitions Streaming/Discussion Party
-
Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements
Oh, most definitely. But Vincent loves Yuzu and I think he actively tries to look like him
-
General Skating Chat
Yeah, I don't get why, if you have the quads, then you get +5-10 more PCS points. I mean, a quad alone is worth 10+ points. Isn't that enough? And before anyone says "well people like Jason Brown can't get 99 PCS because he doesn't have quads," that doesn't mean adding quads alone should = higher PCS, but more like there is a baseline standard for men's skating and that is at least 2 quads in the FS (or something else...based on where the state of the sport is at that point) and if you don't have that then your PCS potential is capped/lower/whatever, but just adding more quads but not improving interpretation/SS/etc. doesn't automatically = higher PCS. Just higher PCS potential. idk, YMMV.
- 2018 Olympics Predictions
- General Skating Chat
-
Favourite Skating Programs [Non-Yuzuru Hanyu Edition]
Yeah I remember that. I...am not sure why they thought that was a good idea. Especially since they doubled down on the choice even after the criticism.
-
Favourite Skating Programs [Non-Yuzuru Hanyu Edition]
I like how they had to keep repeating that everything's authentic, from the clothes to the dance to the fact that this program got so many views in India I guess it may have been a little controversial? Anyway, it's amazing and that dress is gorgeous and they are so entertaining.
- 2018 Olympics Predictions
-
Favourite Skating Programs [Non-Yuzuru Hanyu Edition]
This program was sooooo amazing. Can't believe Yuna was able to move so musically and jump with so much flow at 16! I mean, that triple lutz and the triple flip triple toe were world class and would still be world class today. And the difficult ina bauer/SE transition into the axel, the ease of all of the technical elements, no wonder the BEsp people predicted she will win the Olympics! (Not in this video, but in her free skate.) There were a couple of areas where you can see her unrefinement. Her spirals were kind of ugly. She does improve them in later years but still, she's not the most flexible of skaters. Oh, and she had a herniated disk in her spine around this time. Still, I thought her spin positions were innovative despite not being so flexible. They were aesthetically pleasing, and she uses her arms to create variety in her spins. I just LOVE her ending position. It works so well with the music! And I love the turns she does in her step sequence to the beat. And her facial expressions. And those spins on rhythm! And the flow she gets is worth repeating about haha. Fun fact: this was Brian Orser's first competitive program as a coach. He didn't even know how scoring worked, so when she got her score and looked happy, he said he just copied her reaction. Little did he know it was a world record! I will post more Yuna videos later. I have 5 favorite Yuna programs and this is one of my favorites.
-
Newbies Skating Chat & Questions
And to wait until it hurts "too much" ... I can feel my ankles hurt just thinking about it.
- 2018 Olympics Predictions
-
Newbies Skating Chat & Questions
Thanks for the quick response, I didn't know this was something people ever did...wow. Ouch!!
- Skating on the Planet
-
Newbies Skating Chat & Questions
This thread is the newbie version of the general skating chat! If you feel like you want to discuss things but you don't feel confident about your skating knowledge yet, or if you have any questions you've always wanted to ask about anything skating-related (I know I do), let's discuss here (Of course, you can ask relevant questions anywhere, but this is an expectations-and-judgment free zone )
- 2018 Olympics Predictions
- General Skating Chat
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Huh, I guess so. I wonder if there was anyone back then he was thinking of. Also, I totally get Yuzu. I, too, wish the ground was ice sometimes when I'm walking and it's flat all around. Or that I had wheels.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Hmm, well Shoma & Nathan are not very tall... (And Nathan has decent technique..) Javi, Boyang, and Patrick have decent technique... Maybe he means ladies
-
2018 Olympics Predictions
Ladies: Gold: Evgenia Medvedeva Silver: Mai Mihara. I can see her having two dream skates at the Olympics. Bronze: Gabby Daleman or Karen Chen. Either way, a North American "upstart" with big jumps and some federation push. Men: Gold: Yuzuru Hanyu, duh Silver: Boyang Jin Bronze: Javier Fernandez Japanese ladies' team: Satoko Miyahara and Mai Mihara. They're pushing Satoko a bit this year, and Mai is consistent and does well at nationals, although not as well as Wakaba, but I don't think Wakaba will have a consistent season, and Mai has a 4CC title and will probably get some GP/maybe GPF medals. And at this point I feel she may win Nationals. US ladies' team: Ashley, Karen, and Mirai. I guess Mirai may be a bit of a blind hope, given her music this year and her 3A are both uninspiring to me. But there really isn't much of a 3rd choice. I think Mariah has great packaging but the beginning of her season last year was a bit of a one-hit wonder. Karen does well at Nationals, and if she places in the top 3 she will go. Russian ladies' team: Evgenia, Elena, and one of Alina or Anna. Alina has an edge over Anna because she's a lot more consistent and has fewer meltdowns. But there's a big IF as to whether she'll have a good season. A lot of skaters who have one good season seem to fizzle out the next. Not saying I want that to happen, I do prefer Alina to Evgenia. Elena because I'm optimistic about her coaching change. I don't watch the other disciplines.
-
Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements
So is it just me or he really reminds me of yuzu lol the hair, the clothes, that starting pose... and not just this program.
- Skating on the Planet
-
Team we're fewer but still good!
Same, I would be devastated for him if he didn't. I sorta wish he would spend more time training, but alas...
-
How Do I...?
Do you have an example?
-
General Skating Chat
It helps that Yuzuru is capable of a lot Even a 4A is not outside of his capabilities. I'm not sure if Gracie was ever capable of landing a true inside-edge flip, even in practice. The ones I've seen in practice look really scary, sometimes underrotated, and definitely not an inside edge. The fact that Tara can say "she can land a triple flip in her sleep" bothered me because...first it's not true, and second I yawn at their continuous comments on her talent, and how her mistakes are all mental, it's like they're not giving enough credit to the other skaters who worked way harder than her that season to stay in shape. But once again, I digress... I say this as a big Gracie fan who went to Skate America last year just for her (it was a bit of a disappointment, honestly). I would love to see her go back to her pre-Worlds 2016 form or better.