Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

yuzuangel

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by yuzuangel

  1. Doing a new spin position is super fun, and not as hard as you'd think (as long as it's not a layback...I tried spinning while looking at the ceiling and oh my god it's disorienting). I thought it would be like learning an upright spin all over again, which took what, a year? But my left thigh and calf muscles are KILLING me OMG I feel they're about to split. Keeping my free leg straight and turned out is still the main challenge, but I'm getting low enough in my sit that it's easy to hit a center now. And it looks like a sit spin. Can still go 2-3 inches lower though And gotta arch that back.
  2. Gracie never did get the hang of that flip, did she... ...I still have no idea why she was trying to do that given how reliable her loop was and the fact that Evgenia was doing a loop in the short and look how she scores. Darn it.
  3. Wow thank you. The slowmos really helped, I understand it now. I was always told to do the toe/edge (Yuzu's) entry into a waltz jump/axel (although I haven't gotten there yet) and so I didn't really know you could do it the other way too. TBH the toe/edge version looks more elegant
  4. I remember Brian saying that Yuzu uses an edge-based Axel entry and Javi uses a skid-based entry. Do you know what this means? I don't have any idea how you would do an axel off a skid.
  5. So I like that Gracie dug her old Phantom dress out of the closet because (unpopular opinion) I've always loved that dress. I know Carly also borrowed it for nationals last-last year.
  6. I like Nathan's pose. lol
  7. Right, so it's not 0 points. But if someone does a 2-rev "half" loop, I imagine they would amend it so that they would get points for a 2Lo. Even if it's not in the rules yet. They had to amend the rules to even allow euler combinations to count as combinations and not sequences a couple of years back. Of course, this all depends on if someone even wants to do a 2-revolution/3-revolution "half" loop.
  8. Yeah, they would still do that. I don't know if it's ever been done, but technically it's possible
  9. Speaking of ladies' skating, given how much harder it seems 3As and quads are for ladies than men, I don't think it makes sense to keep the same base values across disciplines. Like, how many ladies have landed 3Lz-3T's in competition vs. 3As? and yet the base values are quite similar. I think the ISU should analyze the base values they have for jumps to see if they want to encourage 3As or quads, or else backloading will still be the least risky way to win.
  10. Or just -3Lo combinations at all. The BV is higher but even so it's not worth it. Although there is the benefit of being able to repeat harder jumps instead of the -3T if you also have a -3Lo, a la Alina Zagitova (who repeats both the lutz and the flip so her BV is huge). I know Mao had such trouble rotating the -3Lo that the negative GOE and URs took away any BV advantage. Speaking of which, I feel like I almost never see 3Lo3T combinations. I wonder if rotating a 3Lo as the first jump of a combination is hard too? I just recall Marin having a nice one. And I wonder if we're gonna see some "half" loop combinations with a 2Lo or even a 3Lo. Could look beautiful.
  11. I think the lady is Joanne Conway, former british ice dancer. I could be wrong though.
  12. Great gif~
  13. LOOL what an evil sound Pooh makes!!!!
  14. That's a complete shame. I wish she didn't put herself through all of that just for Sochi. But who knows if she would've survived puberty even if she hadn't.
  15. If Nathan lands 2+7 quads with 3 quad lutzes and 2 quad flips, and Yuzu has a 4-quad layout (even with the 4Lz), it might be a tossup. Because IMO Olympics scoring is a way different beast. It might depend on the skating order, honestly. And just how empty that program is. The person who wins seems to be the person they want to market the most/has more of a "moment"/makes a great sob or success story. I might just be overly pessimistic. Sochi 2014 has really jaded me.
  16. Wasn't that the competition that screwed over Satoko with that invalidated step seq? And Yuzu too? I guess Skate Canada had both Patrick and, to an even greater extent that season, Kaetlyn to promote.
  17. That's really sad, when one competition screws you over mentally. Thinking of 2016 Worlds for Gracie Gold...yeah, I kinda miss her.
  18. Y'know, I want a haircut like that, but I think my face is too round for it. She looks super cute, and I love trampoline parks. Haven't seen any skating updates from her, though...
  19. This has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen
  20. Come to think of it, I think foreign commentators call it "the arm aloft" or "both arms above the head" or something, they don't use the word tano either. And also the bolded is hilarious.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.