44 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I think Rika had enough support this season, her marks were on the rise, so if she can keep up her BV her marks will be good. Though I think clean Kaori can have a chance for GPF and Rika might be unstable with new layout.

With Russian ladies it's hard to say, at one hand there's a lot, on the other who knows in what form will be Med, Liza, Alina at the start of the season? Will juniors keep their quads and how judges will mark them in seniors? Too many questions. Also there's always a bit of luck in terms of level of competition at different GPs.

Her marks went up quickly till GPF but after GPF things got a bit weird. Rika didn't get a special support at nats, unlike Kaori and Satoko who got a major rise. Then at 4CC her PCS started to decrease,  they got lower at challenge cup ( but that's a heavily underscored event), and at worlds she got lower pcs than her SB for basically the same performance. While Kaori got +5 on her pcs even if she was not clean.

Rika maybe got support, but not that much compared to others.

9 minutes ago, Yume said:

Her marks went up quickly till GPF but after GPF things got a bit weird. Rika didn't get a special support at nats, unlike Kaori and Satoko who got a major rise. Then at 4CC her PCS started to decrease,  they got lower at challenge cup ( but that's a heavily underscored event), and at worlds she got lower pcs than her SB for basically the same performance. While Kaori got +5 on her pcs even if she was not clean.

Right? And at 4cc she was perfect clean (in FP at least).

Anyway, two spots for Yuna and one for Ayaka.:fingerscrossed:

I hope Marin gets at least one spot. It would be sad of fed drop her like that. After all, the two last seasons she got her GPs not totally by fed politicking unlike Yuna, Rika K, Rika H. She was always in top 24 SB list, so had one spot guaranteed. So this season, fed can make her a favor by giving her one spot at least.

9 hours ago, Yume said:

Rika's PCS in isolation doesn't make sense, I suppose. But, at least at worlds, considering what went on, it makes sense. She popped her 3A in the SP while Kaori was perfect, and so the judges (and the JSF) tried to set Kaori up as their contender for the podium. It's also why Satoko was considered as having lower PCS than both of them, I'd say. She was Japan number three going in.

ETA: And I agree it's too early to say who's up for the GPF. We could see easily Tennell or Samodurova randomly make it in (and Sakamoto, Miyahara, Kostner if she returns, maybe Karen Chen although not likely), seeing that Kihira will be doing her incredibly hard layout and could bomb under pressure, and same for the fresh seniors from Russia. Only Tursynbayeva has shown the ability to land a quad + skate the rest of her program in seniors and under maximum pressure at Worlds. If there's an overall upgrade in tech content, I won't be shocked if we take a season to stabilize, and the ones who can tackle the field based off PCS can make it in.

If everyone lands everything, then not considering "who goes where" in terms of assignments, I'd expect:

1. Trusova

2. Kihira

3. Shcherbackova

4. Tursynbayeva

5. Tuktamysheva

6. Sakamoto/Kostornaya/Medvedeva (whoever gets a tech upgrade first)

But right here we can see that PCS will matter a lot, that consistency will matter a lot, and that I haven't even put Zagitova in the conversation.

56 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Rika's PCS in isolation doesn't make sense, I suppose. But, at least at worlds, considering what went on, it makes sense. She popped her 3A in the SP while Kaori was perfect, and so the judges (and the JSF) tried to set Kaori up as their contender for the podium. It's also why Satoko was considered as having lower PCS than both of them, I'd say. She was Japan number three going in.

Politicking for two skaters in the same competition is a skill that JSF doesn't have . A thing that other feds can do perfectly.

1 hour ago, hoodie axel said:

ETA: And I agree it's too early to say who's up for the GPF. We could see easily Tennell or Samodurova randomly make it in (and Sakamoto, Miyahara, Kostner if she returns, maybe Karen Chen although not likely), seeing that Kihira will be doing her incredibly hard layout and could bomb under pressure, and same for the fresh seniors from Russia. Only Tursynbayeva has shown the ability to land a quad + skate the rest of her program in seniors and under maximum pressure at Worlds. If there's an overall upgrade in tech content, I won't be shocked if we take a season to stabilize, and the ones who can tackle the field based off PCS can make it in.

If everyone lands everything, then not considering "who goes where" in terms of assignments, I'd expect:

1. Trusova

2. Kihira

3. Shcherbackova

4. Tursynbayeva

5. Tuktamysheva

6. Sakamoto/Kostornaya/Medvedeva (whoever gets a tech upgrade first)

But right here we can see that PCS will matter a lot, that consistency will matter a lot, and that I haven't even put Zagitova in the conversation.

I don't understand why you don't put Zagitova in the conversation since you made your ranking by the possibility of everyone landing everything (cleanly i assume). Clear that if Zagitova is clean, she will finish above Medvedeva and Sakamoto at least.

I expect some surprises.

Just now, Yume said:

I don't understand why you don't put Zagitova in the conversation since you made your ranking by the possibility of everyone landing everything (cleanly i assume). Clear that if Zagitova is clean, she will finish above Medvedeva and Sakamoto at least. 

I expect some surprises. 

Because Med and Sakamoto have said they want to upgrade tech content to having quads and 3A respectively. But I agree Zagi has more potential to get into GPF than either of them, and I don't think the ones who're going to attempt all the new content automatically means they'll get in.

Well, even Satoko is training 3A. They said they want but we have not seen if they have those jumps in their legs. Everyone want, but not everyone can. At least we have seen all the other skaters you named land 3A/quads.

10 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

Because Med and Sakamoto have said they want to upgrade tech content to having quads and 3A respectively. But I agree Zagi has more potential to get into GPF than either of them, and I don't think the ones who're going to attempt all the new content automatically means they'll get in.

Remember rumours about Alina's "4f" :giggle:

40 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Has she ever announced the intention to add it this next season? I admit I'd forgotten though.

Nah, attempt in harness.

Btw, Sofia and Stanislava mentioned 3a and quads. Alena 3a. And Young You 3a and "4lz".

Alina also said she will add 4F if she needs it. And let's be real, she does.

I'm generally sceptical about all those statements about quads and 3As, but this season definitely will be interesting.