*screams because big possibility of Peng/Jin qualifying to GPF*

3 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Don't worry Yuzu will be fine. I think Japanese fs fans (non fanyus) need reality check to know who is the BOSS. I'm expecting that is what going to happen there. Plus the NHK venue is located in Tokyo/Kantou (north-east) not Osaka/Kansai (south-west) where many of the fs fundamentalist seem to reside so we'll be okay :fire:

Good to hear. Shoma switches qoaches now, so I expect some changes.:popcorn:

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Umm...IceScope is Fuji and NHK trophy being hosted by Nihon Hoso Kyokai (Japanese national TV station) so it will be aired by NHK I expect...?

4 minutes ago, Katt said:

Ice scope belong to FujiTV. GP series are broadcasted by TV Asahi. Maybe they can share :laughing:

Ahh, thank you! Didn't know that. I thought that the IceScope is a general Japanese tool.

Edit: Petition that they share the IceScope. This season it could be more fun than ever.

2 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

....and if the judges are right in their minds....

I can lend a pair of my good glasses or better still, get them blindfolds altogether. I'll spin their chair while they trying to press the button on the scoring terminal so that at least scoring is decided by not bias but by luck!:rofl:

1 minute ago, river said:

I just impulse bought SC tickets after seeing Yuzu's going there. It was insane how fast the seats were selling, I tried three times to pick a seat and each time it was already sold by the time I hit the button. I finally ended up telling the system to give me something and now have crappy seats - now I have to see if I can actually get time off work to go. :xD:

:laughing:

I hope all the satellites doing the same got the tickets

Lottery hell NHK makes me think that GPF, despite all the uncertainty due to recent GPFs will likely be an even more sought-after target now....basically the closest comp for all European fans where there *might* be a certain spacekitty  :peekapooh:(*might* because I don't wanna jinx it)

and I had completely missed Han Yan yay great to know!

i see there are many skaters I like in SA, Dima too! Roman and Deniss in SC too! well not that I need more reasons to stalk SC men event with Yuzuru there:P

Kevin and Tomoki in IdF, tho atm I'm liking RC lineup more than IdF... maybe NHK has my fave field tho (also LOL in both Yuzu's G Artur Dmitriev will be there too, the challenge is set!)

I hope SA will be a nice debut for Schevchenko/Eremenko and I hope FB/S will have a shot at podium (tho the field is full of USA and Russians team, will be tough). yay for G/P and L/L in SC. H/D are going again with back to back GP, I wonder why? tho I guess avoiding to cross oceans has its advantages... FB/S might have a nice chance at bronze in CoC (curious to see how C/B will be scored vs S/K on "neutral" field). G/P, L/L and my finnish bbs in RC too and as expected NHK snatches P/C...

So far I love all pairs GPs...and M/G have IdF and NHK!

SA ladies fields gets scarier everytime I re-read it, SC feels slightly less scary to me (for how less scary a field with Rika + Sasha T can be LMAO Mai I know it's tough but do your best to be on podium! tho I also wish Zhenya on podium arghhhh also Yelim and YY in senior GP:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: IdF has way too many of my faves, idk for who to root for...poor Marin is down to one assignment, and CoC looks like a slightly less scary version of SA but at least I have a clear fave LMAO I can focus my prayes on Mai:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: and Satton...Satton gets back to back:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

RC, Sasha aside, is quite doable for many IMO (tho OC Zhenya will likely have some home advantage). NHK will be interesting, it's also the last GP, so its results will likely have some weight on how the socring will go in the final (assuming two of the skters there go to the final, which oc isn't sure)

happy that Karen chen has two GPs too, she might be my fave US ladies and when she doesn't UR it she has such a nice Lz...and i love her layback too:10636614:

28 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

But without the Canadian silver, right?

I just want Yuzu to be happy at WC, I don't care how many golds need to be sacrificed for that one thing...(jk! Universe, Yuzuru gets enough kuyashii on his own, no need to fuel him more than necessary, give him all the golds! he's got enough kuyashii in Saitama + all those Canadian silver medals+ allt he inujries...just gimme happy Zuzu please)

5 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

You have to see it this way:

NHK might not allow fancams, but they can escalate with the IceScope this time and measure Yuzu's 4Lz, 4Lo, 4F, 4A... :xD:

YASSSSS

Just now, BWOZWaltz said:

Umm...IceScope is Fuji and NHK trophy being hosted by Nihon Hoso Kyokai (Japanese national TV station) so it will be aired by NHK I expect...?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:sadPooh:

well, at least the ice should be good in both SC and NHK... (Yuzu be careful, no jumping with fever)

Looking at the men’s again, Sk Am looks to be the most brutal. Nathan vs JUN vs Jason vs Aliev vs Boyang. Shoma also did himself no favours with his Worlds performance; he’s up against Nathan. Hopefully he gets adopted by the Russians and does well against Vincent.

I may have bought a new phone so I could film jumps at 240 FPS during practice and consequently do more accurate height estimates...not quite ice scope but it should be decent for non-wonky jumps. That makes me kind of want to go to SCI instead of ACI, since I’d be able to get Rika and Sasha too. :peekapooh:

7 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

forgot that TBA spot in NHK ladies, there are some chances Marin might be the one to get it...or Yuhana...idk who are the other jpn ladies who might get that spot...

It's quite hard for Marin to prove her worth if she's given only one shot...:13877886:but if anybody else is trying so hard, it's up to her to give her the best at a given chance so I really hope she can turn things around next season.

1 minute ago, Henni147 said:

Seriously: NHK cannot not use the IceScope to measure Nessie, aye? :hihi:

Height: 1.10m

Distance: Error 

Entry speed: 20km/h

Nah, height and distance of Nessie is 404 because no one can find it.:happydance:

Some random thoughts again:

I wonder if it's IdF + CoR for Shoma then it means he'll stay with Eteri.

Ayaka could get the remaining spot at NHK, it's be very happy for her!

Yay for Han Yan, I thought he'd get a spot at CoC, but now that it's really happenning I am so happy for him. 

I still can't get over that Sota will compete against Yuzu for the first time <3 

It's interesting that in ID, Hubbell/Donohue, Chock/Bates and Sinitsina/Katsalapov will all have back-to-back events. H/D got SA and SC so they'll have 1.5 months until GPF.

In the Pairs, Boikova and Kozlovskii go against Tarasova and Morozov at both SC and CoR. Sui/Han will compete in the later part of GP series, CoC and NHK. James/Cipres might WD later from GP events.