Jump to content
Fay

It's that time of the year - coaching changes 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

Maria Sotskova is leaving Elena Buyanova and is starting to train with Sokolovskaya. The reason for the split is lack of mutual understanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fay said:

Maria Sotskova is leaving Elena Buyanova and is starting to train with Sokolovskaya. The reason for the split is lack of mutual understanding. 

Already... I actually thought she was going to college and was considering quitting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it hasn’t been announced officially, but Alena Kanysheva, the junior with the Ice Maiden program, has left her coach Panova for Eteri Tutberidze. She stays junior next season too. 

Just now, hoodie axel said:

Already... I actually thought she was going to college and was considering quitting? 

She said she’d continue. I guess Buyanova has her hands full with loads of girls and two promising boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anastasia Tarakanova is leaving Plushenko and getting back to her former coach Svetlana Panova. She’s staying in junior ranks next season. 

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190415/1552708078.html

Panova says she hasn’t made a final decision about Tarakanova yet, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fay said:

Anastasia Tarakanova is leaving Plushenko and getting back to her former coach Svetlana Panova. She’s staying in junior ranks next season. 

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190415/1552708078.html

Panova says she hasn’t made a final decision about Tarakanova yet, though. 

 

Um so they decided it's better for her to leave the group because she was too emotional? 

 

I hope Panova takes her back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

Um so they decided it's better for her to leave the group because she was too emotional? 

 

I hope Panova takes her back then.

So she already left Plushy but it is unknown if Panova will take her in or not? :eeking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

So she already left Plushy but it is unknown if Panova will take her in or not? :eeking:

Yes. The matter is that two years ago she left Panova for Tutberidze. Last year, she left Tutberidze. So Panova might be unwilling to take on an emotional wreck, as she’s defined by Plush. 

Kanysheva might have come back to Panova too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hoodie axel said:

So she already left Plushy but it is unknown if Panova will take her in or not? :eeking:

 

That's how I understood it.

I read that Nastya has trained with Panova's group recently. Maybe Panova needs time to decide if she wants to train her permanently or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gosh Russian drama never disappoints... poor skaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said she was an emotional wreck? I hope he meant it differently than that because that is a nasty description.... but typical drama from the country that always brings that drama!! Poor girl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, liv said:

He said she was an emotional wreck? I hope he meant it differently than that because that is a nasty description.... but typical drama from the country that always brings that drama!! Poor girl. 

 

From what I understand Nastya tried the 3A several times but she kept popping it, and she cried because of it. Plushenko found it too much because there are many younger girls in this group and they all look up to Nastya.

Many skaters cry when they fail to do an element, I think this is normal at this level and for her age. I think Plushenko himself needs more experience how to deal with such young and elite skaters like Tarakanova.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

From what I understand Nastya tried the 3A several times but she kept popping it, and she cried because of it. Plushenko found it too much because there are many younger girls in this group and they all look up to Nastya.

Many skaters cry when they fail to do an element, I think this is normal at this level and for her age. I think Plushenko himself needs more experience how to deal with such young and elite skaters like Tarakanova.

 

My poor Nastya... She's just 15. Please... I want just want her to be happy :13877886:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...