2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

Why do so many girls skate to 16 tons? I mean has anyone bothered to read the lyrics? 

There have been more?

I'll admit most programs with lyrics are so badly done that I just hear the lyrics as "mumble mumble". Or "ROOOOOOOOOOOOXAAAAANNE".

1 minute ago, hoodie axel said:

Is he doing Harry Potter? Or does he just look like Harry to you, lol.

I mean, he does have the glasses. But also I just want someone to do it and I think he's the right fit. 

Black swan - she’s a bit young to tackle that.  Can’t actually think of a ladies singles skater who has the maturity and attack to do it justice.  I think Vanessa could slay it in pairs and Gabby in ice dance.  I was underwhelmed by the Olympic year ladies swans.

18 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I think Vanessa could slay it in pairs and Gabby in ice dance.

I agree on Papadakis... James, IDK. I can probably see where you're coming from, letting her fill in the aggressive, sensual role. But her "attack" in her programs, and her chemistry with Cipres, is often superficial to me. Not bad by any means, but not someone I would tag on to do a good Odile. Maybe the two could do a modern interpretation of it, though!

17 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Lee Kyu-hyun? He choreographed most of Yelim's SPs so far and also one of her free programs.

Ah, had no clue. I only found out about her last season.

I was hoping for program announcements, lol, instead of coaching drama.

I see Vanessa as a flashy modern Odile - sensuous but edgy and totally heartless.  And powerful - I went to the Matthew Bourne Swan lake earlier in the year and also to the Abbotsbury Swannery just before hatching time.   I’d forgotten how large and aggressive mute swans are and Bourne really puts that across in his work.  It really pointed up how colourless all the Olympic ladies versions were.

58 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I see Vanessa as a flashy modern Odile - sensuous but edgy and totally heartless.

I see. I haven't been convinced of either of their talents, but perhaps.

58 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

It really pointed up how colourless all the Olympic ladies versions were.

I liked that they were going for an actual interpretation with Zagitova, but her lack of overall skating quality (and messy overall choreography) made it less than what it could have been. Osmond was pretty bad.

I found Bourne's Swan Lake on YouTube, and will be watching.